Windows 10: Windows 10 Email Account Setup

Discus and support Windows 10 Email Account Setup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone using a POP account using the Windows 10 Email feature. I like the look of the Windows Email interface and do not want to use the traditional... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JGW04Lightning, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Email Account Setup

Anyone using a POP account using the Windows 10 Email feature.

I like the look of the Windows Email interface and do not want to use the traditional Microsoft outlook.

Does any one have any workarounds to make this possible.

Thanks.

:)

JGW04Lightning, Aug 4, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows mail

Web search: how to setup an email account on windows 10

BulldogXX, Aug 4, 2015
  3. email setup windows phone 10

I have setup an imap email account on my windows 10 laptop and it works fine sending and receiving... When I setup the same account on my windows 10 phone. It receives emails but when I try and send the phone just keeps syncing and doesn't send.

does anyone have a clue what's wrong

my email is with names.co.uk imap.hosts.co.uk smtp.hosts.co.uk

Thanks

Frustratedbuthappy, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Scramjet Win User

Windows 10 Email Account Setup

Yes I had no problem setting up my Internet Provider POP account. Actually I like it because you can have your Hotmail, gmail and POP account all in one program.

cheers

Scramjet, Aug 4, 2015
  5. What workaround? The Mail app supports POP3 - the trick is to setup the account to use it.

If you picked Manually setup the account when you first launched Mail (first account setup) the choice was there.
    Many people don't see that and the app decides what protocol to use (more and more the default is IMAP)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

To set up an account after-the-fact, press the gear (settings), then select Accounts
    then + Add account
    in the dialog box that opens, scroll down to Advanced setup
    Select Internet Email
    When you get to the Account type, select POP3 from the drop down box

Windows 10 Email Account Setup [​IMG]

Phew that was a lot of typing *Wink

There might be a setting on the server side (I know Gmail and Outlook.com have to be configured to allow POP3)

I'm guessing that you already know the server addresses and ports.

If you need more help, ask away.

Slartybart, Aug 4, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    I like that feature too ,I put all my special folders for saving emails of three accts in Hotmail acct, if my computer fugges up all my stuff is safe on line ,,I have been doing that for a few years now, with windows live mail

caperjack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Email Account Setup

1. Windows 10 Email Account Setup - Similar Threads - Email Account Setup

2. Accessing Setup in Windows Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing Setup in Windows Email: If the SETUP Icon is not visible after opening Windows Mail be sure to completely enlarge the Left panel that has "Accounts" and "Folders" in it. This problem has not yet been identified and needs to be addressed. The SETUP Icon could simply be moved to a more accessible...
  3. Accessing Setup in Windows Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing Setup in Windows Email: If the SETUP Icon is not visible after opening Windows Mail be sure to completely enlarge the Left panel that has "Accounts" and "Folders" in it. This problem has not yet been identified and needs to be addressed. The SETUP Icon could simply be moved to a more accessible...
  4. Windows 10 Accounts Setup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Accounts Setup: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit Ver.19042.928 I have a PC with an Admin account and a local Account, but obviously when I try to make any change to the local account it asks me for the Admin account and password, which is fine if it's just my PC, but I have to deploy new...
  5. Windows 10 Accounts Setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Accounts Setup: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit Ver.19042.928 I have a PC with an Admin account and a local Account, but obviously when I try to make any change to the local account it asks me for the Admin account and password, which is fine if it's just my PC, but I have to deploy new...
  6. email setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email setup: Thunderbird, Gmail or outlook Email doesn't connect to internet - surface 3 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-setup/4d8279bd-ee1d-40ca-8fed-3745f6060af6
  7. Windows 10 Setup Offline Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup Offline Account: Why is the use offline account option during setup no longer available in Windows 10 Home while connected to internet, only in Windows 10 Professional and selecting option Setup for personal use? 144017
  8. Windows 10 setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?: So what happened to the option to setup as a local account? If i click "learn more" it even says now that you can go in afterwards and remove the account in settings, but i dont want to have to setup a brand new account in the first place!!! Give me back the option to...
  9. Windows setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?: So what happened to the option to setup as a local account? If i click "learn more" it even says now that you can go in afterwards and remove the account in settings, but i dont want to have to setup a brand new account in the first place!!! Give me back the option to...
  10. Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup: If in fact Windows NEEDS full access to complete email setup, then why wasn't a "Radio Button" pop up programmed when access is being requested so that we have the option to accept or refuse? This is a very simple and popular option but is NOT available. So in fact our...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Add new email account to win 10 mail ver.1903