Windows 10: Windows 10 Email & Accounts does not allow management of iCloud Accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 Email & Accounts does not allow management of iCloud Accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed the master password on my icloud account and went to generate a new app password for windows 10 but upon clicking the "manage" button or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MT3001, Oct 22, 2020.

1. MT3001 Win User

Windows 10 Email & Accounts does not allow management of iCloud Accounts

I changed the master password on my icloud account and went to generate a new app password for windows 10 but upon clicking the "manage" button or "Fix" button in Windows Settings a configuration window appears for a split second then disappears and I'm never allowed to delete, fix, reconfigure the account to enter in the new app password generated by id.apple.com

This appears to be a bug in windows 10. Is there an alternative way to manage an icloud account on windows 10? Gmail management works as expected.

:)

MT3001, Oct 22, 2020
  2. pjcactus Win User

Cannot access icloud email account on pc!?

I have two gmail email accounts and one icloud email account.
    All are accessable for sending and receiving on iPhone, ipad and pc (windows 10, Mail)..except for the icloud email account which shows icloud settings are out of date on pc!..Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Pete

pjcactus, Oct 22, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 22, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Email & Accounts does not allow management of iCloud Accounts - Similar Threads - Email Accounts does

2. Email Account Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Account Does Not Exist: I have a valid and working email account using my company domain. It is linked and working for 365 Business Premium. Note: I recently closed a 365 Family subscription that used the same email account. I can't think of what else to try to be able to sign into Windows or Edge...
  3. Email Account Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Account Does Not Exist: I have a valid and working email account using my company domain. It is linked and working for 365 Business Premium. Note: I recently closed a 365 Family subscription that used the same email account. I can't think of what else to try to be able to sign into Windows or Edge...
  4. Managing Email and Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managing Email and Accounts: Greetings,My wife's personal laptop was somehow set up with her old employers information, so for example at the login screen, it shows her old email address. There's an account under "Email and accounts," and also a Microsoft account under "Accounts used by other apps." How...
  5. Managing Email and Accounts

Managing Email and Accounts: Greetings,My wife's personal laptop was somehow set up with her old employers information, so for example at the login screen, it shows her old email address. There's an account under "Email and accounts," and also a Microsoft account under "Accounts used by other apps." How...
  6. Managing Email and Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. ICloud email account settings working now?

ICloud email account settings working now?: I have just updated my iCloud email settings, so will my mail app function now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-email-account-settings-working-now/bbd29309-694f-4958-ac43-d412efcbc5f8
  8. How can I create an iCloud account? iCloud Email Login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create an iCloud account? iCloud Email Login: Users occasionally reported that they heard about iCloud, but don't have enough information about it. Is that so? If yes, no need to worry. This guide will provide you all the essential information of iCloud, such as its benefits, uses, and how to create an iCloud account....
  9. Cannot access icloud email account on pc!?

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access icloud email account on pc!?: I have two gmail email accounts and one icloud email account. All are accessable for sending and receiving on iPhone, ipad and pc (windows 10, Mail)..except for the icloud email account which shows icloud settings are out of date on pc!..Any ideas? Thanks Pete 154990
  10. Can not add iCloud account in manage accounts to sync calender

Can not add iCloud account in manage accounts to sync calender: Hi, I can not add my iCloud account in Manage Accounts. It says it cannot find info. My iCloud User Name and Password are correct. I would like to sync my iCloud calender to my two Windows 10 PC's and my Microsoft Windows 10 phone (when it arrives). I have tried with...