Windows 10: Windows 10 email address auto populate not working

Discus and support Windows 10 email address auto populate not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I added my POP email account and everything is working fine except when I start typing an address it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frank D GC, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 email address auto populate not working

I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I added my POP email account and everything is working fine except when I start typing an address it does not give me a list of recently used email addresses to select from. Even if I have sent them an email recently. It also does not work for names in my contact list. How can I get windows 10 to auto populate email addresses that I have used recently?

Frank

:)

Frank D GC, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Waddat Win User

how to clear email address auto-population

Hi,

when you start typing an email address into a new composed email, the application starts auto-suggestions of previously used emails and whatever is in the contacts.

If you mis-spelled an email once and sent an email to that address, that address still appears. How can you clear that list.

In Outlook for example you can just move arrow down on the auto-suggestion and hit delete. The same also works in IE or Firefox browsers if you want to delete auto-suggestions on previously used fields.

Cheers,

P

Waddat, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Email Address population not working

Hello,

When I upgraded my software recently, it stopped this feature when I start typing the email address and it would pull up the email that I have sent an email before. Sort of like a history population feature. I would start typing the name, then hit tab and
    it would add the email address.

Now I start typing the person's name and there is no history.

I have NEVER had a contact list more than 5 people. It would just automatically pop up. Why did this feature stop, and is there any way to get it back? I hope so! It's now taking me so long to find people's emails! Please help.

Jessica

Jessica Jordan Events, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 email address auto populate not working

Auto Suggest - Old email addresses

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. There is, however, no setting in Mail app to disable the auto-complete setting, you can certainly accomplish this in Outlook web app on your system. Refer to the following steps to do so:

• Sign in to Outlook Web App, and in the To, Cc, or
      Bcc lines, start typing part of the name you want to remove from the Auto-Complete List. For information about how to sign in to Outlook Web App, see

Sign in to Outlook Web App

• If the entry you want to remove is highlighted, choose Delete. If the entry you want to delete is not selected, use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow to navigate to the entry you want to delete, and then choose
      Delete.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

Remove suggested name or email address
    from the Auto-Complete List in Outlook Web App

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 email address auto populate not working

1. Windows 10 email address auto populate not working - Similar Threads - email address auto

2. Onedrive Windows 10 Remove Auto Fill Email Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Windows 10 Remove Auto Fill Email Address: Hi,How can i remove this auto fill email address in One drive in Windows 10 please refer this screenshot https://prnt.sc/vPR8MA1U7bGO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-windows-10-remove-auto-fill-email-address/d729eb5a-f61c-4e6d-955c-f69f1a98b6d8
  3. Onedrive Windows 10 Remove Auto Fill Email Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Windows 10 Remove Auto Fill Email Address: Hi,How can i remove this auto fill email address in One drive in Windows 10 please refer this screenshot https://prnt.sc/vPR8MA1U7bGO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-windows-10-remove-auto-fill-email-address/d729eb5a-f61c-4e6d-955c-f69f1a98b6d8
  4. Win11 auto populating PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 auto populating PIN: This is only happened with win11 and coming out of sleep mode, it will keep auto populating the pin till it gets to the challenge, I thought it was my wireless kb but when I turned it off, I can see windows using 3 as a pin and it just keeps going for some reason, anyone else...
  5. Win11 auto populating PIN

Win11 auto populating PIN: This is only happened with win11 and coming out of sleep mode, it will keep auto populating the pin till it gets to the challenge, I thought it was my wireless kb but when I turned it off, I can see windows using 3 as a pin and it just keeps going for some reason, anyone else...
  6. Email auto fill addresses

Email auto fill addresses: Hi, when I type the first letters of my email especially when I want to log into Facebook, three email addresses pop up to choose from. My problem is that one of them is a mistype from somewhere and I want to delete it can you advise. My friend also has similar problem when...
  7. Version 1903 Auto Populate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1903 Auto Populate: Windows 10 version 1903 offered auto populate, so as I would start typing in file explorer, my images would start to pull up before I pressed enter, making it easier/faster to locate. Version 1909, does not offer this and the search bar has an orange arrow key, forcing you...
  8. Email Address population not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Address population not working: Hello, When I upgraded my software recently, it stopped this feature when I start typing the email address and it would pull up the email that I have sent an email before. Sort of like a history population feature. I would start typing the name, then hit tab and it would...
  9. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

in Browsers and Email
    Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill: Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email other than mine. Doesn't happen on all email links to unsubscribe, but most. Is there a place in Edge were I can manage...
  10. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill: Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email other than mine. Doesn't happen on all email links to unsubscribe, but most. Is there a place in Edge were I can manage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. email address auto populate not working

2. i upgraded windows and eamils do not populate names

3. auto email address population