Windows 10: Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the Windows 10 mail app a fair bit on my laptop. Although I tested it out on my PC some time ago, I have not used it regularly, but would now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveCase19, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts

I use the Windows 10 mail app a fair bit on my laptop. Although I tested it out on my PC some time ago, I have not used it regularly, but would now like to. However the Windows 10 email app on my PC seems to have got itself into a mess. There are 3 accounts - a new one which I recently added and seems to be working fine, and two older ones left over from when I was trying out the app some time ago which don't seem to be doing anything at all. I tried to delete these accounts by going to "manage accounts" but when I click on either of them, nothing happens. The box which normally pops up giving the option to delete the account doesn't appear though it works fine for the newly added account.

I uninstalled the mail app and then reinstalled it from Microsoft Store. But when the app launched, the two old accounts are still there! I guess it is somehow accessing account information associated with the original installation. When I go to Windows 10 Settings / accounts / Email & accounts only the new account is shown.

Any ideas how I can get a proper clean install of the Mail app without going to a lot of trouble?

Steve Case

:)

SteveCase19, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Michael87 Win User

How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts [​IMG]

Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts [​IMG]

Michael87, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts

Delete email account on Mail app

Hello Chuck,

The challenge you're experiencing on deleting your email account on the Mail app might be due to a corrupted system file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you followed the steps on deleting an email account from the Mail app outlined from this

article
      ?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Please respond back with the information for further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts

1. Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts - Similar Threads - Email App Cant

2. Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account: no matter how I go about it Windows 1o on a new laptop no less will not allow me to edit or delete a Yahoo email account set up a couple of weeks ago and will not get or display new emails....
  3. Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account: no matter how I go about it Windows 1o on a new laptop no less will not allow me to edit or delete a Yahoo email account set up a couple of weeks ago and will not get or display new emails....
  4. can NOT delete old email from windows 10 accounts. and cant add the new email

in Windows 10 Customization
    can NOT delete old email from windows 10 accounts. and cant add the new email: i used to have an email address that i used to sign into windows... i since have gone to another one. i went to windows online and deleted the old one off as primary and its no where on there anymore. but , on my pc i still see it as my login email for windows and i have...
  5. How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you do not want to use an email account in the Mail app, you can remove it from there. You can follow this step […] This post How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Cant send email with Mail app windows 10 gmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant send email with Mail app windows 10 gmail account: Hello there, i installed my gmail account to the windows 10 mail app and it is working correctly in the sence of recieving emails. i can read them and so far it is working correctly, but when i try to send an email, its not leaving my mail account. insteed of sending it, i...
  7. Delete an account from "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete an account from "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts": My problem is the account is listed in "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts" in my windows 10. I wish to delete the account from "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts" . When i try to delete the account it tells me the account does not...
  8. How to delete a blocked "app and email account" from Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete a blocked "app and email account" from Windows 10: I was working for a customer and for that particular customer I had an "App and Email account". The assignment is over and the account is blocked. Now I want to remove it from Windows 10, but when I press the manage button I can't login (because the account is blocked) and...
  9. Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete

in Browsers and Email
    Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete: Hello All I am totally new to this forum and to Windows 10. The set up of Windows 10 was fairly intuitive for me. I have some training and a lot of experience with previous versions. Here is the problem I have encountered. Using the MAIL app I set up a couple email...
  10. Win10 Email App - odd broken account - cant delete?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Email App - odd broken account - cant delete?: i cant figure this one out.. I have an email account that stopped working. I can not access the settings. I doesnt even show in the Win 10 account settings.. So I added a second one of the same account. Which works fine... but now I still have the broken one that i CANNOT...