Windows 10: WIndows 10 email - cannot create folders on the third linked account

Discus and support WIndows 10 email - cannot create folders on the third linked account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I prefer using Windows 10 mail more so than Outlook. With that said the question or issues I am having is this I use Windows 10 email for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RickFisch, Apr 22, 2021.

1. RickFisch Win User

WIndows 10 email - cannot create folders on the third linked account

Hi.

I prefer using Windows 10 mail more so than Outlook. With that said the question or issues I am having is this

I use Windows 10 email for my everyday use. I link it to my comcast email server and of course to my Microsoft Outlook account.

I have the ability to create folders on 2 primary accounts MS Outlook and Primary Comcast account, however, I also have another account that is used for SPAM and commercial accounts. Some of the commercial accounts have information that I want to move into folders to manage my inbox. Unfortunately, it appears that if you have more that 2 linked accounts you cannot create folders on the third account.

When clicking on folders on the first 2 accounts it's very easy to create a folder.. Just use the + sign to add whatever folder you want, however when clicking on folders on the third account the + sign does not appear.

I tried creating the folders on my comcast mail server created the folders there but the did not sync down to the Windows 10 email app. They did sync to the Outlook 365 ap and they did sync to my iPhone email app but not the Windows 10 Mail app.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do to resolve?

Thanks in advance

Rick

:)

RickFisch, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Apr 22, 2021
  4. WIndows 10 email - cannot create folders on the third linked account

Undo 2 x email accounts added to Outlook accidentally linked together

A couple of days ago I upgraded my HP Pavilion TS15 Laptop OS from the free MS Windows 10 Home version, with a purchased 2013 version of Windows 10 Professional. MS Office 2013 came with the package, and that included the email application, Outlook 2013.

I have four x email accounts - 1 x Outlook.com, I x Gmail and 2 x Hotmail., and after the upgrade decided to add all to Outlook 2013. The Outlook and 1 x Hotmail accounts were set up/added without any problems, including keeping their own folders.

However, at some point while adding 1 x Hotmail and the Gmail accounts, I appear to have accidentally linked the two accounts together. The folders lists that appear under each added account are exactly the same - as though both email accounts have been completely merged together, including the folder lists. In essence, all the folders in the Gmail account have been added to the Hotmail account folders list, and all folders from the Hotmail account have been included and added into the Gmail folders list...

Receiving emails difficulties: If an email comes in addressed to my Gmail account, the exact same email is also delivered to the Hotmail account, and vice versa. Additionally, if I prepare and send an email from one of the accounts - say the Hotmail account, then the same email is also sent from the other linked Gmail account. Everything to do with these two emails is automatically duplicated.

Sending emails difficulties: What is also most frustrating is that any email I send from either of the two rogue accounts, the end result is that the intended recipient gets two identical emails, one from each of the two linked accounts.

I need to somehow un-link the two email accounts from each other, to restore their original individual setup and folders/content lists.

sassofalco, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

WIndows 10 email - cannot create folders on the third linked account

1. WIndows 10 email - cannot create folders on the third linked account - Similar Threads - email cannot create

2. Cannot create new folder on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create new folder on Windows 10: Just like the title, I cannot create new folder on windows 10. I have tried these so far: 1. Open windows 10 in safe mode 2. Create new key in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers 3. This Cannot Create/rename folders - Microsoft Community 4....
  3. Created a link on a known folder and cannot remove it to change it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Created a link on a known folder and cannot remove it to change it: Hi all, Ive been playing around with mklink to try and get backups of a folder into autodrive automatically.so i used the following command mklink /j "C:\users\test\videos" "C:\users\test\onedrive\videos" now i am trying to break the link and point it elsewhere i get the...
  4. Linked email accounts.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Linked email accounts.: My sister in law created an msn account years ago and added another account for her brother. My brother wants to take ownership of his email so he doesnt have to get permissions from her main account. How can he do this and not lose his account? * Moved from MSN...
  5. Linked email accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linked email accounts: We've been trying to remove my husband's hotmail account from Windows and Windows 365 but they keep popping up. We only want his one gmail account for all of his Windows accounts....
  6. Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email: I've set up my Windows 10 mail so that multiple web-based email accounts all send email to my Windows10 email. This includes a substantial list of contacts on a gmail account. But now, in addition to showing my Windows email "Inbox" it also shows all of the "Inboxes" for...
  7. Windows 10. Creating a new folder creates a new link instead.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10. Creating a new folder creates a new link instead.: Good morning, I can't create new folders because whenever I try it creates a new link instead. (Ctrl+shift+N doesn't work) The only way I can create it is through Command Prompt with "mkdir". Can you help me? I can't restore. Thank you...
  8. email creates link to photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    email creates link to photos: Whenever I send an email and attach a photo, the receiver also gets a link attached saying see all photos which enables them to view all my photos How do I stop the link being sent?...
  9. Email and linked accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email and linked accounts: I have a new surface and am trying to set it up with two of my email accounts. I thought I did everything correctly, including linking them so they would all come through email together but I am only getting the emails from one of the accounts and not the other even though...
  10. Unable to create folders in email account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create folders in email account.: I have two email accounts linked together in Window mail and only one has the option to add folders. What happen to the other one?...