Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 EMAIL - CONTACTS NOCONNECTED TO PEOPLE WHEN USING AN IMAP ACCOUNT..

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 EMAIL - CONTACTS NOCONNECTED TO PEOPLE WHEN USING AN IMAP ACCOUNT.. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I get my csv file/or contacts file imported into MS Mail. my email is presently set up with an imap account with my internet provider- that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony CQR, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Tony CQR Win User

WINDOWS 10 EMAIL - CONTACTS NOCONNECTED TO PEOPLE WHEN USING AN IMAP ACCOUNT..

how do I get my csv file/or contacts file imported into MS Mail. my email is presently set up with an imap account with my internet provider- that gives me no access to my contacts via people. If I use outlook my contacts connect via people but I have no email connection with my provider.

If this is deliberate to make users use your outlook email I am sure the authorities will catch up with MS fairly shortly. This is a most appalling rip off for a major corporation to caught in. I will be interested to see if I get a reply given this is the 3 or 4th attempt to contact support. I have been to your chat room only to find that I knew more about the software and the problem than the person I was speaking with

LIKE THOUSANDS OF OTHERS I NEED THIS FIXED - I AM STILL USING THE UNSUPPORTED WIN LIVE EMAIL.

:)

Tony CQR, Oct 31, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Oct 31, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 31, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 EMAIL - CONTACTS NOCONNECTED TO PEOPLE WHEN USING AN IMAP ACCOUNT.. - Similar Threads - EMAIL CONTACTS NOCONNECTED

2. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  3. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  4. emails - windows 10 imap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    emails - windows 10 imap: I cannot delete messages from my deleted folder in windows 10 imap. Can someone tell me how to do it. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-windows-10-imap/e30a102f-5ebe-47b1-ab75-95909b4b49cc
  5. Adding Contacts from an IMAP account to the Windows 10 People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Contacts from an IMAP account to the Windows 10 People App: Here in the UK many people have an email address provided by the main telco which is BT. This email address ends in @btinternet.com. It can be used via POP or IMAP but increasingly people are using IMAP. Over time these people have added the email addresses of contacts to...
  6. windows 10 imap email

windows 10 imap email: I would like to make and print a list of the names, addresses, phone numbers in my people contact file. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-imap-email/d4470ddb-0493-494a-88f8-3b22b3c7f81a
  7. Windows 10 Contacts with generic IMAP mailbox

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Contacts with generic IMAP mailbox: I have a gmail acct and an acct on a server with dovecot on linux. I am using the Windows 10 mail (the app that comes with W10, NOT Outlook). I have added both accounts as IMAP accounts. In Windows Mail, I have many fewer contacts than if I go to the gmail contacts web page....
  8. Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...

Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...: Hello, I setup a IMAP email account on my iPad without any issues. After installing the same IMAP email account using the same SSL port settings, Windows 10 Windows Mail App will receive email, but not send. After creating an email and clicking on send, the response from...
  9. MSN Email PEOPLE or Contacts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MSN Email PEOPLE or Contacts: I can open inbox and calendar but when I try to open PEOPLE (Contacts) the window you get the blue with white figure in the middle but it will not open it just fades away. How do I correct this I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Have also uninstalled Windows...
  10. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...