Windows 10: Windows 10 email Setting up 2 accounts.

Discus and support Windows 10 email Setting up 2 accounts. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 system and have 2 email accounts that I use. I have successfully installed both accounts but the least used account is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeanOuderkirk, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 email Setting up 2 accounts.

I have a Windows 10 system and have 2 email accounts that I use. I have successfully installed both accounts but the least used account is the default/open first account. How can I change which account is seen first? Or in other words how can I get the other account to show when I open up email?

:)

JeanOuderkirk, Apr 24, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 email Setting up 2 accounts. :(

Zakin, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 email Setting up 2 accounts.

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 email Setting up 2 accounts.

1. Windows 10 email Setting up 2 accounts. - Similar Threads - email Setting accounts

2. Can't set up email account in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set up email account in Windows 10 Mail: I have tried to set up two mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail. It goes through the entire process but never finishes setting up the accounts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-up-email-account-in-windows-10-mail/c9ecd02e-d34c-4f18-a8a2-7868a7e1b6ce
  3. Email & Account setting - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email & Account setting - Windows 10: Don't understand why this problem/bug post was closed. No solution was provided. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-account-setting/b99130b6-6454-49a8-a0d8-58bc6556f884 AGAIN. When I go to remove my email account, the warning message states it...
  4. Windows 10 - Setting up Email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Setting up Email: My Hard Disk crashed on my desktop computer so I had to reload a new copy of Windows 10. When I did only one of my two email address's work download to the inbox. It appears it has to do with my password not being recognized as valid. I verified that it is correct by going to...
  5. Set up new email account

Set up new email account: I'm trying to set up a new email account but it keeps telling me my Shawmail account setting are out of date. I have checked my password and security certificate and both are as they should be???...
  6. Setting up a Roadrunner email account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up a Roadrunner email account on Windows 10: Using the windows 10 mail app it is easy to set up the email account with only the email address and password. the problem is that I do not receive mail on my windows 10 laptop or iPhone when my email / PC Outlook is open. If outlook is closed on my PC emails will show up on...
  7. Setting up email account on the new PC.

Setting up email account on the new PC.: i have just bought a new pc and installed microsoft office apps and want to set up my outlook account. I have an existing email which I set up on my IPAD but it wont set up on this PC. the address is @me.com. How can I set this up on my new laptop **Original Title**...
  8. trying to set up email account with Windows 10 mail

trying to set up email account with Windows 10 mail: I cannot get windows mail to retrieve email using incoming server titanium.cloudhosting.co.uk. It keeps asking for my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-set-up-email-account-with-windows-10/37fad7eb-82c0-4b47-b8da-6f1bf8d139e7
  9. Windows 10 email account addition in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 email account addition in settings: Windows 10 keep asking "are you sure you want to add, update or remove your email account" even after adding the email account under email and accounts, why this message?...
  10. Cannot set up email on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set up email on Windows 10: Hi I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but I am at my wit's end with this and desperate for help. I recently updated my Win 8.1 laptop to Win 10. I set up my email and it worked fine. But now it doesn't and all I get is a message saying 'Not Synced Yet' followed by...