Windows 10: Windows 10 email will sync, but won't open body of emails

Discus and support Windows 10 email will sync, but won't open body of emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a new computer with windows 10 in November. I cannot use the email. The app is installed and set up with my accounts. it will sync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by km2018, Apr 30, 2020.

1. km2018 Win User

Windows 10 email will sync, but won't open body of emails

I purchased a new computer with windows 10 in November. I cannot use the email. The app is installed and set up with my accounts. it will sync originally all 3000 or so emails from the past that were in folders on my windows live, but it will not open the body of the email. When I click on an email, it will open the side panel with a line saying "download message and pictures. There are dots running across the top like it's trying to do something, but nothing happens. I have tried to reset the app & have uninstalled and reinstalled it. Good thing I still have windows 7 on my old laptop so I can check my email.

:)

km2018, Apr 30, 2020
  2. JessebOne Win User

Open body of email

How can I just open the email so I can read the body of an email?

Currently in Win 10 mail app, when I select an email a third od the screen is taken up by the list of emails.

There seems not to be a way to reduce or collapse this pane.

You can collapse the account/folder pane but not the list of emails that takes up a lot of space.

I am using a Surface Pro 3 and it has a nice screen size but some emails are long and I have to do a lot of reading.

If anyone knows how to get view the text across the screen or most of the width of the screen that would be great!!

Jesseb

JessebOne, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Default email won't send or receive emails on Windows 10

Hi William,

To properly address this concern, I would like to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you using Outlook.com, Outlook application, or the Mail app for Windows 10?
    • What type of email account are you using? (POP, IMAP or Exchange)

You can visit these articles for steps and suggestions on how to fix email sync issues in Outlook.com and Outlook application:

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Jomel Ber, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 email will sync, but won't open body of emails

Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 email will sync, but won't open body of emails

1. Windows 10 email will sync, but won't open body of emails - Similar Threads - email sync won't

2. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  3. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  4. Syncing email

Syncing email: My Yahoo email account wont sync on my Surface tablet. When I try to fix now, it comes up with Error code 0x8019019a How can I sort this? Have already updated Windows 10 latest version, so its not that....
  5. Sync emails.

Sync emails.: Hi Iam getting the following error message: Error message 0x80004001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-emails/e71c0449-d8dc-4308-b578-2fd019cb35d3
  6. Windows 10 Mail won't sync iCloud emails

Windows 10 Mail won't sync iCloud emails: Hello, I've just set up my iCloud account on my new Windows PC and am having trouble getting the Mail app to work properly. I've downloaded the iCloud app from the Microsoft Store, which gives me the option to sync Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks with Outlook. This...
  7. sync email with cox email

sync email with cox email: Why can't outlook.live.com email find cox.net email server so i can sync the accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-with-cox-email/77e45176-80af-49b6-a0c7-07861040f363
  8. Syncing email

Syncing email: I was trying to sync the email to window10 mail app on computer. It successfully logged in with the account but could not sync any information with error code of 0x800700657. I deleted the account and re-setup the account, but still didn't work. Moved from:...
  9. Email syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email syncing: I have two email accounts (Bell email and Gmail) and am able to sync email on both from my home WiFi Bell network. However, when on a different network I am not able to sync emails. I am running Windows 10 email app. I tried to cancel firewalls to no avail. What am I missing?...
  10. Paste into body of email on windows 10 mail app

Paste into body of email on windows 10 mail app: Hi Nothing happens when I CTRL-V text into the body of an email on my windows 10 mail app. It will paste into the subject line but not the body of the email. Nothing happens when I right click in the email i.e. no paste options. I am trying to copy text from Word. The...