Windows 10: Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

Discus and support Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have two accounts on my windows 10 email app, my partner and myself. Both accounts are receiving emails. However when I am sending from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jobbers27, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Jobbers27 Win User

Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

Hi,

I have two accounts on my windows 10 email app, my partner and myself. Both accounts are receiving emails.

However when I am sending from my account and select new email, in the from box it states the correct email address i.e. my own but when transmitted it shows that it has come from my partner's account but with my email address in brackets next to it.

How do I rectify this?

Thanks.

Steve

:)

Jobbers27, Mar 25, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

Attention required message under email account, cannot send and receive mail from a linked account

Hi Sharon,

You might not been able to send or receive an email due to a misconfigured account settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions below:

• Which application or program are you using to access your email?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using the Windows 10 Mail app, we suggest that you remove your email account and re-add it.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

1. Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account - Similar Threads - emails sending wrong

2. Problems with Mail app sending the wrong name from different accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Mail app sending the wrong name from different accounts: This is my problem: I have 3 different accounts on my Mail app on Windows 10. 1- Personal Gmail 2- Business#1 Gmail 3- Business#2 Private server Each account has been set up with a different name, so the mail name display accordingly, however, I've been noticing that...
  3. Emails not sending from Reckon Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails not sending from Reckon Accounts: Just changed internet providers, finally got all my emails working, hotmail & outlook, but when i try to send emails in my accounting program, it asks me to enter my email password as normal, but then won't send emails. Message is "the email service you selected cannot be...
  4. Sending email from hyperlink

Sending email from hyperlink: I'm running Windows 10, office 365. When I click on a hyperlink either from my Outlook account or from a website link a blue box comes up with an envelope icon asking which account I want to send from. The only option is cancel. The only way I can send is to copy and paste...
  5. Sending emails from Windows 10 Livemail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sending emails from Windows 10 Livemail: My Windows 10 Livemail sends all my outgoing emails to Outbox. Optusnet email is working on internet (webmail) and tests on Windows 10 has provided messages that all settings are correct. Any ideas on what is going wrong here??...
  6. Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...

Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...: Hello, I setup a IMAP email account on my iPad without any issues. After installing the same IMAP email account using the same SSL port settings, Windows 10 Windows Mail App will receive email, but not send. After creating an email and clicking on send, the response from...
  7. Can't send email from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't send email from Windows 10: While browsing with Windows 10, I am unable to send an article by email using the link under FILE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-send-email-from-windows-10/99db265d-f9c3-496c-abcd-01f749b26163
  8. Send email from Wordpad

Send email from Wordpad: I've got windows ten and would love to know if anyone can help me. I want to be able to send a doc. from wordpad via email from the program but it's saying I do not have a mail set up can anyone please help me...
  9. sending an email from notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sending an email from notepad: Hello, i have some information saved on notepad and I would like to email the info on the notepad to someone how can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/sending-an-email-from-notepad/9c1268c1-4b0e-4908-b87e-971d6aa67090
  10. email going to wrong account

in Browsers and Email
    email going to wrong account: My OS is Windows 10. I have been using MS Office Outlook for my email. I've used it for years. A few weeks ago I decided to try gmail so I set up an account. I did not give anyone my gmail address but for some reason I started to get a lot of my email from friends who have my...