Windows 10: Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

Discus and support Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have two accounts on my windows 10 email app, my partner and myself. Both accounts are receiving emails. However when I am sending from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jobbers27, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Jobbers27 Win User

Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

Hi,

I have two accounts on my windows 10 email app, my partner and myself. Both accounts are receiving emails.

However when I am sending from my account and select new email, in the from box it states the correct email address i.e. my own but when transmitted it shows that it has come from my partner's account but with my email address in brackets next to it.

How do I rectify this?

Thanks.

Steve

:)

Jobbers27, Mar 25, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

Attention required message under email account, cannot send and receive mail from a linked account

Hi Sharon,

You might not been able to send or receive an email due to a misconfigured account settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions below:

• Which application or program are you using to access your email?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using the Windows 10 Mail app, we suggest that you remove your email account and re-add it.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account

1. Windows 10 emails sending from wrong account - Similar Threads - emails sending wrong

2. wrong email for account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wrong email for account: Good Evening,My Son has a HP Pavilion Laptop and his log on screen/PIN screen states 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" then i can click on on "Set up my PIN".The problem we have is my son...
  3. wrong email for account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong email for account: Good Evening,My Son has a HP Pavilion Laptop and his log on screen/PIN screen states 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" then i can click on on "Set up my PIN".The problem we have is my son...
  4. wrong email for account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  6. Wrong email account

Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  7. Wrong email account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Not allowed to send email from my account?

Not allowed to send email from my account?: I'm trying to send an email response back that is urgent and suddenly Live Mail which forced me to the Outlook website is telling me I'm not allowed to send an email from my own email address now. I have to verify it first. The site says I have to have a cell number entered...
  9. Can't send email from Window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't send email from Window 10: Hi, My email account from the computer has been working perfectly well until recently when I realize some emails are still sitting in the outbox. At first I thought it's the size. Then it started when even plain text message email aren't going out for 3 days and said it...
  10. Emails not sending from Reckon Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails not sending from Reckon Accounts: Just changed internet providers, finally got all my emails working, hotmail & outlook, but when i try to send emails in my accounting program, it asks me to enter my email password as normal, but then won't send emails. Message is "the email service you selected cannot be...