Windows 10: Windows 10 emergency update is rolling out to fix BSOD crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 emergency update is rolling out to fix BSOD crashes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As we’ve reported previously, Windows 10 PCs have reportedly been seriously disrupted by Microsoft’s round of January and February patching. This time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 11, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 emergency update is rolling out to fix BSOD crashes

As we’ve reported previously, Windows 10 PCs have reportedly been seriously disrupted by Microsoft’s round of January and February patching. This time, Microsoft has acknowledged the reports and already started rolling out an ’emergency’ update to address the bug.

The last two updates for the operating system are causing issues for a “small number of devices”, Microsoft has confirmed. In a knowledgebase support article quietly published on Thursday, Microsoft observes that Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) – and other Wi-Fi errors – are caused by an update released in January and February.

Microsoft is now rolling out an out-of-band ’emergency’ update designed to remedy a flaw affecting those using KB4598298 or KB4601315.

The emergency update is ‘KB5001028’ and it doesn’t come with any other changes. This patch is rolling out to affected users only and it consists of one fix geared towards addressing Blue Screen of Death error ‘nwifi.sys’, which is experienced when users connect to WPA3 Wi-Fi networks.

The Redmond firm noted that the Blue Screen of Death is also experienced when the device is waking from sleep or hibernation.

How to get Windows 10 KB5001028

To get the emergency patch, Microsoft says you need to click on ‘Check for updates’ button and you’ll receive the update if your device is affected.

Thankfully, this problem is exclusive to a “small number of devices” and WPA3 environments only, which means most users are unaffected. In addition to consumers, affected business customers also must install the latest out-of-band update via the Microsoft Update Catalog or Windows Update.

In addition to the emergency update, Microsoft has also started deploying a new update process to merge SSU and monthly cumulative updates into ‘one single design package’.

This change is expected to improve the reliability of Windows Update during the monthly updates cycle.

The post Windows 10 emergency update is rolling out to fix BSOD crashes appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. rtwjunkie Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 emergency update is rolling out to fix BSOD crashes - Similar Threads - emergency update rolling

2. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please roll out a fix in updates: Hello Microsoft,I am posting this because of who I work for.In December 2021, an update was rolled out when the issue was first rolled out. My computer started to slow down. Keep in mind, my computers are not old. All of the computers in my home started to slow down. My main...
  3. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please roll out a fix in updates: Hello Microsoft,I am posting this because of who I work for.In December 2021, an update was rolled out when the issue was first rolled out. My computer started to slow down. Keep in mind, my computers are not old. All of the computers in my home started to slow down. My main...
  4. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft is rolling out emergency fix for Windows 10 printing issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out emergency fix for Windows 10 printing issues: On July 6, Microsoft released the emergency security updates to supported Windows 10 versions. While the updates brought the important bug fixes for PrintNightmare vulnerability, several users began reporting printing failures and Blue Screen of Death errors. The bug –...
  6. Microsoft rolls out KB5004945 emergency Windows Update to fix PrintNightmare...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out KB5004945 emergency Windows Update to fix PrintNightmare...: Microsoft has had a troubled year dealing with Windows Updates causing printer issues. The latest problem that has affected printers is called PrintNightmare, which is a remote code execution vulnerability. [ATTACH] Martin wrote an article about this, where he explains a...
  7. Windows 10 KB5001649 emergency update issued to fix BSOD, printing issue

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001649 emergency update issued to fix BSOD, printing issue: Microsoft has been forced to issue Windows 10 KB5001649 out-of-cycle emergency patch to enable the mitigation for two critical bugs – blue screens and printing. This is the second emergency update and it has been released to improve Windows 10’s March 2021 updates and the...
  8. Windows 10 KB4598298 is now rolling out with important fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4598298 is now rolling out with important fixes: Microsoft is resuming the rollout of optional updates with the release of Windows 10’s January 21 update, which is now rolling out to version 1909. The tech giant has also published the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4598298 offline installers. Windows 10 KB4598298...
  9. Microsoft is rolling out an update to fix Windows 10 SFC feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out an update to fix Windows 10 SFC feature: In July, a number of Windows 10 users were having issues when fixing corrupted files with sfc /scannow feature and Microsoft revealed that the culprit is an update that the firm released for Windows Defender. Windows 10’s sfc /snannow command line feature has been failing...
  10. Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 updates to fix Privacy settings bug

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 updates to fix Privacy settings bug: Microsoft is rolling out new updates for Windows 10 to fix a bug that broke privacy settings on a small number of devices. Microsoft explains that the issue impacted only a small fraction of devices running Windows 10 version 1809, version 1803 and version 1709. As per the...