Windows 10: Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares

Discus and support Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I recently updated my Windows 10 due to some missing fonts (Segoe UI Color Emoji), however, when I restarted my PC, a major part of every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anpanmewls, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares

Greetings,

I recently updated my Windows 10 due to some missing fonts (Segoe UI Color Emoji), however, when I restarted my PC, a major part of every icon in the taskbar, emoji panel and action center had been replaced with some squares instead. I tried to reboot it again to see if it was only a booting error but unfortunately for me, it’s still not fixed. Are there any solutions for this?

:)

anpanmewls, Jun 21, 2019
  2. pjfarr Win User

Windows touch keyboard has replaced some emojis with blank squares

The emoji panel of the Win10 touch keyboard has lost several emojis and replaced them with empty squares. Other symbols are affected as well. They were all there a few days ago. What gives?

UPDATE: Just discovered possibly related issue with Windows Defender UI, icon overlays displaying blank squares:

Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares [​IMG]

Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares [​IMG]

pjfarr, Jun 21, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Jun 21, 2019
  4. McMillanD Win User

Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares

Start Menu and Action Center view change

My start menu and action center icons in my toolbar have changed and I am not sure why. I have a surface pro 4. My action center icon brings up a list but containing open action center or turn on quiet hours. When I select open action center nothing
    happens. Previously the icon would bring up a pop up window with information and other links. When I click the start icon instead of the tile format with options it comes up in a old list format similar to windows 7. What setting has changed to cause this
    problem and how do I return to the current tile format?

McMillanD, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares

1. Windows 10 emoji panel, action center and start menu icons replaced with squares - Similar Threads - emoji panel action

2. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  3. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  4. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't access the start menu, or action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access the start menu, or action center: I bought MS Surface Book i5 from a pawn shop. I guess they wiped it and reset it. I can't access the start menu, action center, settings menu, theres no browsers, no apps, no cortana nothing. All i can really do is get a wifi connection and open windows store. It has Win 10...
  6. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  7. Emoji panel replaced some emojis with blank squares.

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji panel replaced some emojis with blank squares.: The emoji panel of the Win10 touch keyboard has lost several emojis and replaced them with empty squares. They were all there a few days ago. What gives? [img] [img] 116391
  8. Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning: Hello. This issue just started yesterday and I have done everything I could think of to solve it with no luck. After several hours of trouble shooting, I did narrow down the issue, but can't make sense of it. I have windows 10 pro and have updated all the drivers to the most...
  9. Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail: Device: Surface Pro 4 OS: Fully Updated Windows 10 Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail. Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or...
  10. Icons in the squares of Start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons in the squares of Start menu: [img] Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing. How to make them appear? 19148

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icons replaced with squares

2. windows emoji

3. seeing box instead of the emoji in windows 10 emoji panel