Windows 10: Windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out

Discus and support Windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am using windows 10 home version and I am not able to encrypt any folder. windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out for me. I have tried all options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RamV2, Mar 9, 2020.

1. RamV2 Win User

Windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out

Hi I am using windows 10 home version and I am not able to encrypt any folder. windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out for me.

I have tried all options such as making EFS enable from using windows registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem and NtfsDisableEncryption. Double click on it, and set its value to 0.

:)

RamV2, Mar 9, 2020

2. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out

Folder encryption

How do I encrypt a folder in Windows 10? When I click on properties, the general tab, then advanced, the encryption option is greyed out.

Michael Arendasky, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out

1. Windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out - Similar Threads - encrypt folder greyed

2. 'Encrypt contents to secure data Greyed Out'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Encrypt contents to secure data Greyed Out': Can you please help me the 'Encrypt contents to secure data' it is greyed out. I am using windows 11 Home. I have already tried all the steps that probably solved the problem on windows 10 but it didnt work......
  3. 'Encrypt contents to secure data Greyed Out'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Encrypt contents to secure data Greyed Out': Can you please help me the 'Encrypt contents to secure data' it is greyed out. I am using windows 11 Home. I have already tried all the steps that probably solved the problem on windows 10 but it didnt work......
  4. encrypt contents to secure data greyed out

encrypt contents to secure data greyed out: encrypt contents to secure data greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-contents-to-secure-data-greyed-out/aedcad99-ab13-4b2e-b980-dcf8b5215b32
  5. encrypt contents to secure data greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encrypt contents to secure data greyed out: encrypt contents to secure data greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-contents-to-secure-data-greyed-out/aedcad99-ab13-4b2e-b980-dcf8b5215b32
  6. encrypt button greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  7. encrypt button greyed out

encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  8. Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out: I had used bitlocked encrytion on my old device for some files . When I copied those files on External hard disk I cannot open them. I was able to find the BitLocker key but I don't know how to proceed...
  9. Windows 10 Home - need to encrypt folders - it is greyed out.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home - need to encrypt folders - it is greyed out.: Can anyone help please. I seem to be reading contradictory information on whether it is even possible to encrypt folders in Windows 10 Home edition. One site I found suggested two possible methods, both of which I followed to no effect. First, using regedit in the...
  10. file encryption option greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file encryption option greyed out: i cant select the encrypt option in properties its greyed out please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption-option-greyed-out/d7edb66e-8cc8-4817-aa53-13a3c56357bd"