Windows 10: Windows 10 Encrypted Files - Security

Discus and support Windows 10 Encrypted Files - Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I moved an encrypted folder to a USB drive before reinstalling windows. After the installation, I am unable to open any of the files as I receive an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SM0156, Jan 27, 2020.

1. SM0156 Win User

Windows 10 Encrypted Files - Security

I moved an encrypted folder to a USB drive before reinstalling windows. After the installation, I am unable to open any of the files as I receive an error showing that I don't have permission. There isn't an advanced security option in the properties to grant. Any ideas on how to fix this issue. Support said that key likely changed which is why I'm unable to open them. Any help is appreciated.

:)

SM0156, Jan 27, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Encrypted Files - Security

Windows XP file encryption

well there is encryption algorithms such as md5, rsa, etc.

Hybrid_theory, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Encrypted Files - Security

1. Windows 10 Encrypted Files - Security - Similar Threads - Encrypted Files Security

2. File Encryption System issue - Disabled Encrypt contents to secure data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Encryption System issue - Disabled Encrypt contents to secure data: I had a system with Windows 10 pro and I had encrypted HDD in that system. Unfortunately I have to use that hard disk in another computer which runs Windows 11 home edition and I couldn't able to get access to the folders because of the file encryption system. Th option is...
  3. File Encryption System issue - Disabled Encrypt contents to secure data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Encryption System issue - Disabled Encrypt contents to secure data: I had a system with Windows 10 pro and I had encrypted HDD in that system. Unfortunately I have to use that hard disk in another computer which runs Windows 11 home edition and I couldn't able to get access to the folders because of the file encryption system. Th option is...
  4. File Encryption for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Encryption for Windows 10: I'm exhausted from trying to figure this out. When I click properties on folders and go to check the file encryption box, it's grayed out and doesn't let me check it. Does anyone know of a way I could encrypt my files or any (preferably free but I'll take any suggestions at...
  5. Dose Windows 10 clipboard is secure and encrypt?

Dose Windows 10 clipboard is secure and encrypt?: Since Windows 10 lasted version (May 2019 Update)provide cross device clipboard or clipboard history, I do concern about privacy and security on this feature,...
  6. How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to encrypt files with EFS Encryption on Windows 10: [ATTACH] EFS Encryption is present in Windows OS out of the box. It is shipped together with BitLocker encryption that is also shipped out of the box. Though they work in the same manner, the main difference between the two is [...] This post How to encrypt files with EFS...
  7. oracle encryption security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    oracle encryption security: Dear sir/mam, How to i disable and uninstall this oracle encryption security in windows 10 home basic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/oracle-encryption-security/43748088-a7c0-4bba-8875-d3188d17cb8d
  8. Laptop Security Encryption

Laptop Security Encryption: Hey all. Does anyone have any suggest for keeping their laptop secure? I use antivirus protection but its free but it seems okay. I want to know, do people here all have a password when they start up their laptop? I do not have one so if someone had access to my laptop...
  9. Windows Encryption/Security PROBLEM!!!

Windows Encryption/Security PROBLEM!!!: Long story short, I was trying to figure out a way to encrypt the contents of a folder with a password. Yesterday, I clicked the "Encrypt contents to secure data" under Advanced Attributes in the files properties of my folder, and ever since it has locked me out of my own...
  10. Windows 10 is suddenly encrypting files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is suddenly encrypting files: Yesterday I spent some time consolidating files from three external hard drives down to two. Somewhere along the line Windows started prompting me to backup my encryption key. I have no idea why, since I didn't ask for any encryption. Bitlocker is off for all drives. Then...