Windows 10: Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an endless login loop when trying to use my micrsoft linked account to login to windows 10.My account records the attempts as successful but I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jimmib_78.au, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account

I have an endless login loop when trying to use my micrsoft linked account to login to windows 10.My account records the attempts as successful but I am returned to the login screen.Does anyone know how to resolve this?I have tried rebooting in safemode with networking. -> When login is attempted an error appears saying that an app needs to be downloaded from the app store.Cheers,J.

:)

jimmib_78.au, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop

Running windows 10 home on an asus T100 TAF tablet which is dedicated just for playing music and films in my camper van through a surround system. So I dont want to have to log in and out of the thing everytime it powers down. Yet I cant remove the login and exhausted all the available online guides, which must amount in total to many hours of frustration. and only made it worse by adding a password option to the PIN option.

My tablet ended up on Microsoft account after I got through its setup. First thing the remove login guides say is to go back to local account. But I dont have my local password, because it got lost during all the confusion over there being two accounts on the tablet. Local and online !

So without the local password I cant do anything. I cant change it in the old control panel user accounts or netplwiz, because being on microsoft account took away the change password options, referring me back to the newer settings interface. Which then wont allow me to remove the microsoft account without having the local password !

How do I break out this endless loop ?

rogerharris, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account

1. Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Endless login loop

2. Child Microsoft account can't login, stuck in endless loop of parental consent needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Microsoft account can't login, stuck in endless loop of parental consent needed: Endless loop, put in my username and password in over and over again. Nothing happens. Tried in Edge and Chrome browsers on HP desktop and Dell laptopMain system I'm trying to setup for a child to use for school: HP desktop Windows 11...
  3. Child Microsoft account can't login, stuck in endless loop of parental consent needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child Microsoft account can't login, stuck in endless loop of parental consent needed: Endless loop, put in my username and password in over and over again. Nothing happens. Tried in Edge and Chrome browsers on HP desktop and Dell laptopMain system I'm trying to setup for a child to use for school: HP desktop Windows 11...
  4. Endless select account loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Endless select account loop: Everytime i open my pc it goes to this screen and i can only choose my ’microsoft account’ or ’forgot your password or dont see your account’ and when i choose the password option it only lets me to restart the pc. When i choose my account it says my password is incorrect...
  5. Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop: Running windows 10 home on an asus T100 TAF tablet which is dedicated just for playing music and films in my camper van through a surround system. So I dont want to have to log in and out of the thing everytime it powers down. Yet I cant remove the login and exhausted all the...
  6. Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop.: This is now my 2nd attempt each one taking hours and having me wade through all kinds of online information which leads me into a dead end loop. And all I want to do is not have to sign in on my windows 10 tablet. i.e. remove the logging in every time it sleeps, reboots or...
  7. Microsoft Account Login Loop in Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Login Loop in Apps: Every time I try to log into my Microsoft account from Windows 10 Apps OneNote, Settings, Word, etc I get into a loop. After choosing my account I need to enter a password. Entering the correct password shows "Please wait" and then just prompts me to enter my password again....
  8. windows 10 update endless loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 update endless loop: I have a surface pro I bought feb 2019 and have used very little. I also purchased Office but never entered the key. Windows 10 kept trying to update windows but it would always fail. The last time it started making update changes but then a small empty square with a white...
  9. Windows 10 in endless loop of restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 in endless loop of restarting: So today Windows forced me to update my PC out of nowhere and after 1 hour and 25% I restarted my PC to hopefully fix the issue of the speed. When it turned back on again it seems to be in this endless loop of: turn on>show bios and launch windows>tell me that it is undoing...
  10. Windows 10 endless loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 endless loop: Hello, Windows 10 did its ordinary update by itself and after that my cpu run 100% all the time. So i decided to get it back to older version, but now my laptop is in endless loop. It is really frustrating. I can't do nothing except accessing to command line prompt when i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 online account login screen loop

2. windows 10 login screel loop with enail login

3. cant getin login sceeen loop in windows 10