Windows 10: Windows 10 Endless loop after update - Can boot with UEFI Secure boot off?

Discus and support Windows 10 Endless loop after update - Can boot with UEFI Secure boot off? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just updated my laptop which was freshly installed with a Windows 10 OS. I am now having issues booting into Windows 10 unless I turn UEFI... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thuyyub Shazad, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Endless loop after update - Can boot with UEFI Secure boot off?

I have just updated my laptop which was freshly installed with a Windows 10 OS. I am now having issues booting into Windows 10 unless I turn UEFI Secure boot off. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I am using a Dell machine and the BIOS is up to date.

Thanks in advanced.

Windows 10 Endless loop after update - Can boot with UEFI Secure boot off? cb36d048-eb34-4896-9d8b-4a74aa7ff329?upload=true.png

:)

Thuyyub Shazad, Mar 14, 2019

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 14, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Endless loop after update - Can boot with UEFI Secure boot off?

Endless Boot Loop

My Dell Inspiron laptop is stuck in an endless boot loop. I have tried booting from the windows 10 iso disk, but I need an admin password (which I don't have) to access the bios settings. Please help.

IceCreamIsAwesom, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Endless loop after update - Can boot with UEFI Secure boot off?

1. Windows 10 Endless loop after update - Can boot with UEFI Secure boot off? - Similar Threads - Endless loop update

2. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  3. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  4. UEFI Secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Secure boot: hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my desktop....but it is showing something to setup........
  5. UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10: Hi, does protecting Windows 10 boot process from know attacks is by simply enabling Secure Boot option in UEFI settings in contrast to the long procedure to follow in GNU/Linux distributions to enable that security feature ? Thanks. submitted by /u/Spare_Prize1148 [link]...
  6. Endless boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless boot loop: My wife's Dell has now gone into an endless boot loop with a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO blue screen error. At one point I was able to get into the windows auto recovery screen but now I can not even get that far. Now I know my best option is to make a boot USB and run the...
  7. Windows 10 gone into an endless boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 gone into an endless boot loop: after facing a few problems i reset my windows 10 pro. now my windows 10 has gone into an endless boot loop. the windows icon is not even shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-gone-into-an-endless-boot-loop/7567ab5e-e73e-4758-8c74-d233b74e4c38
  8. Stuck in an endless boot loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in an endless boot loop.: Yesterday, instead of booting up, my computer got stuck in an endless boot loop. Everytime I try to boot it up, it shows this for a couple of seconds (sorry for blurry image, had to be quick.) Then, it restarts. After a couple of restarts, it goes into the "repair" screen....
  9. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?: Quick question. I have Secure Boot enabled, but would it cause any issues in case I need to update the UEFI firmware? So do I need to disabled Secure Boot before updating the firmware? Thx! 103955
  10. Endless boot loop after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless boot loop after reset: Ok so basically, after successfully installing windows 10 from windows 7, I decided to clean my hard drive and reset windows because I deleted my "edge" and thus my apps were not working. The problem then started, the reset went fine until it reached 64% and read "configuring...