Windows 10: Windows 10 energy settings

Discus and support Windows 10 energy settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop doesn't shutdown completely when i press down, the fan keeps running all night and the power light keeps ON. I have to force a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by xK Saiyan, Feb 12, 2020.

1. xK Saiyan Win User

Windows 10 energy settings

Hi,

My laptop doesn't shutdown completely when i press down, the fan keeps running all night and the power light keeps ON. I have to force a shutdown using the power button.

The same thing happen when i close the lid. In settings i have suspend when close the lid in battery or power cord but that´s not whats happening. Does anyone know a workaround for this? Thanks

:)

xK Saiyan, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 energy settings - Similar Threads - energy settings

2. Need help locating the Troubleshooting "Power" in system settings Windows 11. rapid energy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help locating the Troubleshooting "Power" in system settings Windows 11. rapid energy...: Hi There,I'm using windows 11 and currently going through the motions of reducing power consumption as edge is rapidly draining power on new laptop. So, I'm just doing the steps there I've found online for Microsoft edge and reducing power consumption.However, when going to...
  3. Need help locating the Troubleshooting "Power" in system settings Windows 11. rapid energy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help locating the Troubleshooting "Power" in system settings Windows 11. rapid energy...: Hi There,I'm using windows 11 and currently going through the motions of reducing power consumption as edge is rapidly draining power on new laptop. So, I'm just doing the steps there I've found online for Microsoft edge and reducing power consumption.However, when going to...
  4. Energy Save Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Energy Save Settings don't work: My Win11 PC does not heed the recommended energy saving settings. The monitor does shut off after three minutes, but the machine stays on forever. Even when I put it to sleep via the Start button, it turns on again after a few seconds. What is wrong?...
  5. Energy Save Settings don't work

Energy Save Settings don't work: My Win11 PC does not heed the recommended energy saving settings. The monitor does shut off after three minutes, but the machine stays on forever. Even when I put it to sleep via the Start button, it turns on again after a few seconds. What is wrong?...
  6. Windows 11 22H2 - How can I disable the "set the screen brightness for best energy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 - How can I disable the "set the screen brightness for best energy...: I am running an external monitor from my laptop and this setting seems to be stuck on with no way to turn it off. I never even turned it on, it switched on automatically.The setting is under System -> Power and Battery -> Energy recommendations.I think it's causing my...
  7. Windows 11 22H2 - How can I disable the "set the screen brightness for best energy...

Windows 11 22H2 - How can I disable the "set the screen brightness for best energy...: I am running an external monitor from my laptop and this setting seems to be stuck on with no way to turn it off. I never even turned it on, it switched on automatically.The setting is under System -> Power and Battery -> Energy recommendations.I think it's causing my...
  8. Changed all energy settings but PC still goes to lock screen after a certain amount of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed all energy settings but PC still goes to lock screen after a certain amount of time: Recently got a new PC and I'm using Laplink to transfer my files which requires the pc to stay on for the entirety of the transfer. I've turned off all screensaver settings, power & sleep settings, lock screen settings, and energy settings, but my PC still autolocks and end...
  9. Changed all energy settings but PC still goes to lock screen after a certain amount of time

Changed all energy settings but PC still goes to lock screen after a certain amount of time: Recently got a new PC and I'm using Laplink to transfer my files which requires the pc to stay on for the entirety of the transfer. I've turned off all screensaver settings, power & sleep settings, lock screen settings, and energy settings, but my PC still autolocks and end...
  10. Changed all energy settings but PC still goes to lock screen after a certain amount of time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen