Windows 10: Windows 10 Ent - OneDrive can't back up of 1 of 2 [alllowed] folders

Discus and support Windows 10 Ent - OneDrive can't back up of 1 of 2 [alllowed] folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To be sure, we have not received any error messages, though OneDrive will not allow the back up of the Desktop folder, for one user only. We know that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cmctech, Dec 10, 2019.

1. cmctech Win User

Windows 10 Ent - OneDrive can't back up of 1 of 2 [alllowed] folders

To be sure, we have not received any error messages, though OneDrive will not allow the back up of the Desktop folder, for one user only. We know that only the Desktop and Documents folders should back up because of a GPO, but there are no other GPs affecting the user folders. We have tried putting the user's computer in the Computers OU temporarily, just to get some action, which didn't work in this case. When we put it back into it's regular OU, the problem still exists.

:)

cmctech, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

I use Groove Music and OneDrive hasn't ran again. I suspect Office 365 is behind restarting it. There might be a setting in Office 365 somewhere to disable OneDrive.

This will get rid of one drive. Put it in a .bat and run it:
    Code: @echo off echo Uninstalling OneDrive... start /wait "" "%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW64\ONEDRIVESETUP.EXE" /UNINSTALL rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 echo. echo OneDrive has been removed. Windows Explorer needs to be restarted. pause start /wait TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe start explorer.exe[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Ent - OneDrive can't back up of 1 of 2 [alllowed] folders - Similar Threads - Ent OneDrive can't

2. folder shows up in Onedrive in 2 places - why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder shows up in Onedrive in 2 places - why?: I recently moved all my files from an old laptop running windows 10 to a new laptop running windows 11. Actually, I didn't do it myself, I let a store Staples do it. In the original laptop, I wanted some folders to be backed up to OneDrive, so I moved them to be subfolders of...
  3. folder shows up in Onedrive in 2 places - why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folder shows up in Onedrive in 2 places - why?: I recently moved all my files from an old laptop running windows 10 to a new laptop running windows 11. Actually, I didn't do it myself, I let a store Staples do it. In the original laptop, I wanted some folders to be backed up to OneDrive, so I moved them to be subfolders of...
  4. Backing up the OneDrive folder to an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up the OneDrive folder to an external drive: Hello,I am using Windows 11 with two drives: one for the OS and software, the other for personal files. I also use OneDrive to store my files online. The OneDrive folder is on my second non-OS drive, and I have set it so all the files are also available locally.I want to...
  5. Backing up the OneDrive folder to an external drive

Backing up the OneDrive folder to an external drive: Hello,I am using Windows 11 with two drives: one for the OS and software, the other for personal files. I also use OneDrive to store my files online. The OneDrive folder is on my second non-OS drive, and I have set it so all the files are also available locally.I want to...
  6. Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive: I'm sorry, but OneDrive is NOT intuitive or friendly. I've searched the web for answers to this question but so far, nothing has been helpful. Microsoft REALLY isn't helpful with anything involving drives other than C:. Many people have additional drives to store data and...
  7. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  8. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  9. Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder?: I get this error message with screaming red text in the "Manage folders backup" dialog of OneDrive settings. We can't back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder. To continue, follow the steps to move this OneNote notebook to OneDrive, move it to a location outside your...
  10. Backing up the OneDrive folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up the OneDrive folder...: Hello guys, I am trying to create a local backup for my OneDrive folder on my external hard drive. Here is the problem: My OneDrive folder is about 800 GB in size, but most of them are only placeholder files on my device online-only files for which a placeholder has been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrivesetup.exe