Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 (NOT AN N VERSION) - Missing Windows Media Player

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 (NOT AN N VERSION) - Missing Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed Windows Media Player is missing. No folder in Program Files (both 64 and x86 folders). The Media Feature Pack has no option underneath of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TrinityR, Oct 8, 2018.

1. TrinityR Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 (NOT AN N VERSION) - Missing Windows Media Player

I noticed Windows Media Player is missing. No folder in Program Files (both 64 and x86 folders). The Media Feature Pack has no option underneath of it. Still running build 1703, only security updates have been applied.

I tried to download WMP 12 from the Download Center and it won't let me. Says I can install Windows Media Player for XP though! Because that's a safe alternative...

Anyways, is this recoverable by enabling a Package with PowerShell or should I just install VLC and call it day?

:)

TrinityR, Oct 8, 2018

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Oct 8, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 (NOT AN N VERSION) - Missing Windows Media Player

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 (NOT AN N VERSION) - Missing Windows Media Player

1. Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 (NOT AN N VERSION) - Missing Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - Enterprise 1703 VERSION

2. Windows Media player missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player missing!: Hi again, after doing a "in place" install of Windows 10 yesterday I could not find my Windows media player! I am sure I had it on a "Live start up tile" before doing the install. I have read different posts with some saying it's been removed, another saying it has replaced...
  3. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2: I used to have Media Feature Pack installed in my machine which is on Windows 10 Enterprise N. After enterprise updated to Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2, the Media Feature Pack is no more available.I can see and select the Media Feature Pack from the optional features and can...
  4. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2: I used to have Media Feature Pack installed in my machine which is on Windows 10 Enterprise N. After enterprise updated to Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2, the Media Feature Pack is no more available.I can see and select the Media Feature Pack from the optional features and can...
  5. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Enterprise N 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise N

Windows 10 Enterprise N: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 pro on my laptop and I purchased product key on Ebay. But the product key did not Activate my Windows 10 pro so I contacted Microsoft Agent through the Virtual Assistant. The Agent told me that the Product key I purchased is meant for...
  7. Camera and media applications not working in windows 10 enterprise N

Camera and media applications not working in windows 10 enterprise N: I downloaded the media feature pack for N and KN versions from https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48231.still my camera wasn't working and giving the same instruction to install media feature pack so I installed media feature in settings->apps->optional...
  8. Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Features turned on and no Media player . Not an "N" Version: I am trying to install Icloud for Windows 10 and it need the media player to work. I am not a "N" Version but a standard Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 4. Version 1809. I have checked in Windows Features and the Media Features has been ticked. I have done all the...
  9. windows 10 media player missing

windows 10 media player missing: need a link to put it back in my windows 10 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-media-player-missing/b9c5aa23-9020-4115-9529-df74eb9e882d
  10. Installing Media Player / feature on Enterprise N 2016 LTSB

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing Media Player / feature on Enterprise N 2016 LTSB: Hi, I am trying to install Windows Media Player / Features on Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB. I did the following: 1. Downloaded the installer from the following link and installed: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48231 Nothing happened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 enterprise no media player option

2. why is windows media player not in enterprise versions of windows 10

3. windows media player windows 10 enterprise

4. windows media player crashes windows 10 enterprise