Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB; system shuts down; event ID 6008 in event viewer

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB; system shuts down; event ID 6008 in event viewer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, We are having some systems shutdown unprompted. The event viewer shows id 6008. I am trying to locate more detailed information about it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RMSC-SIP, Mar 4, 2020.

1. RMSC-SIP Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB; system shuts down; event ID 6008 in event viewer

Hello,

We are having some systems shutdown unprompted. The event viewer shows id 6008. I am trying to locate more detailed information about it, but can't locate any ".dmp" files in the livekernelreports/watchdog/ directories. It does not seem to be thermal related as the CPU, fans, etc. all are operating normally and temperature logging finds nothing out of the ordinary.

Is there a way to tell just from the event viewer information what specifically triggered the shutdown action? We think the issue it is related to an I/O card, but there are several I/O cards and the shutdowns do not happen every time they are accessed, so I'm looking for something to guide me towards the culprit.

Thank You.

:)

RMSC-SIP, Mar 4, 2020

2. Event ID 6008

Hello

I have been having this problem with my computer. The screen will randomly go black, and the sound will loop right before it shuts off and restarts. Event viewer tells me that its "event 6008: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.
    This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly" that is causing this. I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 960, an i5 4690k 3.50 GHz CPU, Z97x-SLI motherboard, and 8 Gigs of ram.

Anyone know whats going on here? Id appreciate some help.

Thanks!

ClaytonBryan, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Event ID 6008

Hi there,

I have DELL XPS 13 9370 with Windows 10 Pro. This is my situation:

1. I switch on the power button.

2. DELL logo appears and disappears

3. DELL logo appears with Loading Circle and disappears

4. Windows logon screen appears.

The whole process above will take about 20 seconds before Windows logon screen to appear. My device will boot under 5 seconds if the Loading Circle does not appear (which it will appear most of the times). I believe this behavior will occur if the Windows
    is not shutting down properly.

To confirm, I checked the Event Viewer and search for the Event ID 6008 which is for Forced Shut Down code. And I was right, there are a lot of Event ID 6008 which stated the unexpected shut down. But, I only use the normal Shut Down function.

Things I have done so far:

1. Updated to the latest Windows.

2. Updated latest BIOS

3. Updated latest drivers

This device has Intel 7600P series SSD. I don't know if this is OS issue or device issue. Appreciate if someone can assist me.

Thank you.

Regards,

Fairuz

MOHDFAIRUZJAMIL, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB; system shuts down; event ID 6008 in event viewer

Event ID 6008, Windows 10 1809

Thanks for your reply Leocadia - I understand your suggestions thank you.

The point I was trying to make is our Win 10 Pro v1803 computers, log Event ID 6008 when an unexpected crash happens. However we have Win 10 pro v1809 machines that crashed when the power failed and did not record an Event ID 6008 so I was not able to tell
    when the power actually failed, only when they were rebooted. - so my question is :- is this a bug in the 1809 release or by Microsoft design and has anybosy else experienced this situation ??

thanks Bob, IT Manager, Henry Riley LLP.

BobBarkell, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB; system shuts down; event ID 6008 in event viewer

1. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB; system shuts down; event ID 6008 in event viewer - Similar Threads - Enterprise 2016 LTSB

2. Event Viewer ID 6008 Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer ID 6008 Error: The previous system shutdown at 1:33:07 AM on ‎10/‎7/‎2023 was unexpected. Error, red circle with ! Task category none and source EventLogI was playing Battlefield during these times, my pc was on and running why did Windows report it as it shutdown unexpectedly while...
  3. Event Viewer ID 6008 Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer ID 6008 Error: The previous system shutdown at 1:33:07 AM on ‎10/‎7/‎2023 was unexpected. Error, red circle with ! Task category none and source EventLogI was playing Battlefield during these times, my pc was on and running why did Windows report it as it shutdown unexpectedly while...
  4. Laptop Shut Down - Event ID 6008, 41 Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Shut Down - Event ID 6008, 41 Kernel-Power: ***moved on english forum*** Very similarly to this question, my laptop shut down randomly for a third time this week. Every shut-down occurred slightly after I waked my laptop from a prolonged sleep state probably was in hibernation. When I checked the Event Viewer, there...
  5. event id 6008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event id 6008: i have updated my graphics driver recently. 30 mins ago, my computer restarted itself 3-4 times. it is ok for now. here are my event logs all same log -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="EventLog" />...
  6. Event ID 6008

Event ID 6008: Hi there, Every time I get this error I got so confused that I am even using the PC at that specific time and it told me there was a unexpected system shutdown. I searched the whole event viewer at that specific time and all I got is nothing. I did got a unexpected...
  7. EVENT ID 6008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVENT ID 6008: Recently had a new computer built for me. Ever since I brought it home, the computer shuts down whilst a program is running. Only 1 program runs when it shuts down. The whole computer just shuts down then about 5 minutes later it reboots. I've taken the computer back...
  8. Laptop Shut Down - Event ID 6008, 41 Kernel-Power

Laptop Shut Down - Event ID 6008, 41 Kernel-Power: Hi everyone, yesterday my laptop shutdown for the first time while I was gaming and then I immediately turned it on and checked the heat levels and my cpu was 83 °C, so I checked the event log and saw those two event logs that were created around the time of the shutdown. Can...
  9. Windows 10 Event ID 6008

Windows 10 Event ID 6008: Hi there, I have DELL XPS 13 9370 with Windows 10 Pro. This is my situation: 1. I switch on the power button. 2. DELL logo appears and disappears 3. DELL logo appears with Loading Circle and disappears 4. Windows logon screen appears. The whole process above will...
  10. event id 6008

in Windows 10 Support
    event id 6008: I believe that event id 6008 is meant to indicate that the previous shutdown was unexpected. However on my computer it happens at odd times with successful shut downs in between. See the attached. I looked at what was happenning at 9:10:19 on 23rd February and the computer...