Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit RTM doesn’t boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit RTM doesn’t boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to install Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit RTM on a Samsung laptop with i5 processor, 4MB Ram; currently I run the same of 8.1. When I turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Georgey, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Georgey Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit RTM doesn’t boot

I tried to install Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit RTM on a Samsung laptop with i5 processor, 4MB Ram; currently I run the same of 8.1.

When I turn on the computer with the bootable USB stuck in I am prompted 'Press any key to boot from USB' and when I do the Windows logo appears, all good so far. However, the swirling circle of small stars does not appear under the logo, as it always does while booting, and accordingly nothing happens. Afterwards I can't even turn off the computer, the only way to kill it is to remove both the plug and the battery.

When I start the setup from running Windows, everything goes apparently fine. The system checks for updates and for all requirements, then installs. When finished, it says the pc will be restarted in a few minutes. Then, however only the logo appears, the swirling stars do not, and no reboot. Then, however, unlike trying directly from the USB, I can turn off the pc. When I restart I get an error message, the installation failed, the system is set back to its initial state, then:

0xC19000101 – 0x20017
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during BOOT operation

What to do?
    Thanks.

:)

Georgey, Aug 8, 2015

2. Is that true there just Windows Defender update only its been 4 days and it always windows defender update so where is the windows 10 update?

Hey guys I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise RTM 64 bit and its weird its already 4 days and it there just windows defender update so where is the Windows 10 update? or theres a problem with my windows 10 ?
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit RTM doesn’t boot [​IMG]

Stephen Sugiharto, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Will-P Win User
    Sync not working on Windows 7 RTM

I am also having this problem.

With or without advanced networking checked.

Clean install of Win 7 64 bit Enterprise RTM.

Works great on Vista 64bit.

Latest WinMo 6.1 ATT Tilt.

Will-P, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit RTM doesn’t boot

Hello Georgey Welcome to the Ten Forums! Interesting problem but likely explained.

With an edition like the Enterprise RTM you are looking more so at a more advanced server type form of Windows intended for corporate not home pc use! The ball game changes when you enter into the IT Dept.s from that of your laptop or desktop sitting at home! The entire set up of this type of edition is handled by the IT dept.s the various companies either make sure to have or have someone come in to handle setups and maintain things.

I can see where it would still be an interesting project in order to have a good lookover! But you have to expect a few disappointments if you are trying to run it for the desktop platform.

Night Hawk, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Georgey Win User
    Thanks.
    I'm happy with the Enterprise 8.1, 64 bit on my laptop and I had no problem when upgrading from 8 to 8.1.
    I have a lot of programs and all those personal settings, preferences, I would hate to start from scratch with a blank Windows. So, if there is a way, I'd like to upgrade to the same edition of 10.

Georgey, Aug 8, 2015
  6. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop, didn't need an IT guy to set it up. Works just like 10 Pro once installed and setup. You do get prompted to join a Domain but don't have to. I'm running mine on my home Workgroup no problem. I did my install from a USB thumb drive. I made it bootable via diskpart. Method two here, http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...e-windows.html. Done that way, with diskpart, the same thumb drive can be used to install in Legacy mode or UEFI Mode. I did a clean install. Where did you obtain your install media? Maybe you have a corrupted image.

alphanumeric, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Georgey Win User
    I downloaded the setup file from
    Windows 10 Enterprise VL RTM 32 / 64 Bit ISO Download
    and created the USB by both Rufus and Universal-usb-installer. I will try diskpart too, thanks, and if you downloaded it from elsewhere, please tell me where.

Georgey, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit RTM doesn’t boot

Not an official source as far as I can tell. Why Enterprise and how do you plan on activating it? Other than the Enterprise trial version, the only other official source is MSDN. There was an Enterprise Insider preview version but I can't seem to find it now. Everything links to the 90 day trial.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/eval...-10-enterprise

alphanumeric, Aug 8, 2015
  9. Georgey Win User
    Yes sir, initially I tried the evaluation version. I downloaded it from the official MS site as well as from another and experienced the same. Actually I asked for help in the previous forum.
    Windows 10 Enterprise installer won't load
    Then I found this website with the RTM.

There must be some issue in my laptop, maybe some preferences in the BIOS, any idea about that?

Georgey, Aug 9, 2015
  10. You could try resetting your BIOS to fail safe defaults. That may increase your boot time depending on what boot order it sets. After you get Windows 10 installed, if you get it installed, set the hard drive as first boot device to speed things back up. Other issues are, is your BIOS UEFI? If yes, is your install media UEFI compatible? Windows 10 Tutorials[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup

alphanumeric, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Georgey Win User
    Thank you, this must be the clue. I'm not familiar with going that deep, could you please tell more in detail how to do that and check on UEFI?

Georgey, Aug 9, 2015
  12. May I ask why you are running the Enterprise version? And who installed it? Enterprise is usually used a corporate setup. How are you going to activate the new install? There is no free upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise by the way.

13. Georgey Win User

I worked on contract for a big company, they gave me this laptop. When the project was completed with a big success they told me to keep it. Maybe Windows-wise it still belongs to them? I’m overseas, when get back I’ll ask them, till that I don’t touch the OS.

Thank you very much for all your advice.

Georgey, Aug 9, 2015
  14. I was wondering if it was something like that. I wouldn't do anything to it before talking to them. It's likely still activating through their KMS activation server. They actually hold the license for the enterprise version installed on it. One thing you could do is run this, https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html Then see if there is a Windows 8 or 8.1 embedded key in the BIOS. If there is, you could, if you wanted, install Windows 8.1 and then do the free upgrade to Windows 10. You can get windows 8.1 install media here that will read and use Windows 8/8.1 embedded keys. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media Once windows 8.1 is installed and activated, it should activate online automatically, you can go here and upgrade to windows 10. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10 All perfectly legal. And no worrying about activation failing some time down the road. If that company does an audit and removes your PC from its KMS activation, it will fail activation.

15. Georgey Win User
    Yes, it seems more complicated than I thought, I'll consult them before doing anything.
    Actually, I didn't understand your question on activation, it's advertised everywhere that upgrade from 7, 8. 8.1 to 10 is free. Now I see that Enterprise is different. Thanks again.

Georgey, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit RTM doesn’t boot - Similar Threads - Enterprise bit RTM

2. Windows 10 pro 64 bit not booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit not booting: I can't open, boot or reload Windows 10 to my computer. Since I don't have and OS anymore, telling me to use the Windows functions or downloading and app won't work. I need to be able to do something from the command prompt or the Asus Bios as this is all I have working. I...
  3. Link to download Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit

Link to download Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit: Hi All, My Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit OS is corrupted and request a link to download the same. I have checked online and only able to find WIndows 10 Home or Pro only. Your assistance on priority is highly appreciated. Regards Unni...
  4. Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit dual booting

Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit dual booting: So i have Windows 10 32 bit installed on my drive after i forgot to change the architecture in the Windows 10 upgrade installation on my Windows 7 64 bit. I have an another parition of my drive. So if possible can i dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit, and can i use the...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Slow Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Slow Boot: Hi I opened a post on this site at the link: Slow Windows 10 Pro boot version 1903 The zbook user, in the last page of my post, in the seventh answer, instructed me to open a post on this BSOD topic, however, I noticed that you do not accept anything that is not about Bleu...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise - Only 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Enterprise - Only 64-bit?: Hi everyone! I'm currently studying to pass my CompTIA A+ 220-1002, and there is a scenario in the study material about doing an in-place upgrade from 32-bit Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise. According to CompTIA, this doesn't work because Enterprise is ONLY...
  7. RSAT will not install. Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit

RSAT will not install. Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit: Hi, I'm trying to install RSAT for Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit. Have tried RSAT 1709 , 1803 and WS2016 64 bit installers. They run through the progress bar then end with "The update was not installed." I've tried disabling the antivirus, threat monitoring and...
  8. Dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and Windows 10 64 bit

Dual boot Windows 10 32 bit and Windows 10 64 bit: Hi I have win10 64 installed on my SSD and win10 32 bit on a HD. The SSD is GPT partitioned and the HD MBR. I can boot from the Windows boot loader in the BIOS into 64 bit windows on the SSD and, by selecting the appropriate HD in the BIOS into the 32 bit windows in the...
  9. Boot menu with Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB 64 bit

Boot menu with Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB 64 bit: Hi I have a notebook Satellite C50D B-11C Toshiba Satellite C50D-B-11C Notebook, Display 15.6", Processore AMD Quad-Core A6-6310 APU, AMD A6-6310 Accelerated Processor con Scheda Video AMD Radeon R4, HDD 1 Tb, 4 GB RAM, Nero:Amazon with Windows 8.1 Update 64 bit. I...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64-bit) when will it be available?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64-bit) when will it be available?: Good Day! Does anyone know when Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64-bit) and (32-bit) Versions will be available in the near future on MSDN or on the MS Enterprise Partners Servers? I been searching and no such luck for a version of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB Any...