Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, I've got a problem to connect to a friend's SMB share on his Debian server cat /etc/debian_version 10.3 samba --version Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shepah44Nantes, May 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian

Hello there,

I've got a problem to connect to a friend's SMB share on his Debian server

cat /etc/debian_version

samba --version

Version 4.9.5-Debian

My machine is a Windows 10 Enterprise 1903.

I tried to shut down the Firewall, File Discovery are active.

Connection to the SMB share works on Linux, Mac OS and even other Windows (Family and Education)

When I try to mount the share using net use:

net use Z: \\10.144.137.184\Films

I got error 67.

I did a wireshark capture and got a lot of TCP retransmission along with ping from the server to my machine (?) and Portmap packets.

I went to the Event Log in SMBClient and got this kind of error everytime I tried to mount:

Reason 10

Status 3221225659

SecurityStatus 2148074242

LogonId 5077729

ServerNameLength 15

ServerName \10.144.137.184

PrincipalNameLength 77

PrincipalName cifs/10.144.137.1841UWhRGBAAAAAAAAAcAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA10.144.137.1840BAAAA UserNameLength 0

UserName

I tried on a fresh Windows 2019 Install and it works. I'm sure it's my system that ahs something wrong but I can't figure it out.

If you have any ideas Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian :D

Regards !

Link to the pcap capture: https://nextcloud.got.baptiste-leterrier.com/index.php/s/5Rd82FBL7sNmcC9

submitted by /u/Shepah44Nantes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shepah44Nantes, May 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 won't mount Samba share from Debian

Thanks for your quick reply, Mike. I just:

• Unchecked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Checked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Tried connecting to the Debian server's share
    But it didn't work.

Any other suggestions? In the meantime as a workaround, I see that there's a "Services for NFS" option that I'm going to test out to see if I can get access that way.

SeanKillian, May 5, 2020
  3. Problem connecting to SMB Share on Linux server with Windows 10

Hello All,

Recently my Windows 10 laptop no longer sees the SMB shares on my Unraid 6 server, everything was working fine until a week or so ago. Other Windows 7 machines on the same network have no problem seeing or connecting to the same SMB shares. I did some searching
    on the Web and it was suggested that you try to sign into the computer with a local account rather than a Microsoft account but that did not help. I also tried the registry edit suggested in this post:

https://www.schkerke.com/wps/2015/06/windows-10-unable-to-connect-to-samba-shares/

This did not help either, I am currently running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on an Asus UX305LB laptop and my last update was KB3093266, I believe I was able to connect to the SMB shares for a while after the update. It's pretty important that I be able to connect
    to the server as I use it to backup the computer, thanks in advance.

DavidMcJunkin, May 5, 2020
  4. emelsom Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian

1. Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian - Similar Threads - Enterprise can't connect

2. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  3. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  4. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior

Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior: Hi, Something strange is happening : when I restart my Windows 10 computer, I can access the SMB share on a FreeNas server. As soon as I switch the Wifi network or when I connect through Ethernet, I loose access to the share. I don't have that problem on a Mi Box or a...
  6. SMB share credentials

SMB share credentials: Hi, I have a synology unit that is added to the microsoft AD as are all the PCs that access that unit. all the users are members of an AD group that has read/write permissions on a particular folder. When a user tries to access that folder, they get a message "windows...
  7. Can't connect to SMB share, "wrong password" issue!

Can't connect to SMB share, "wrong password" issue!: This seems to be a common one, yet i can't find a fix after searching: 1/ (Same) Windows 10 installed on two PC 2/ Both connected to same local network/workgroup 3/ Both share same username/password & no microsoft account 4/ Both have sharing enable in system (& firewall)...
  8. Entering a SMB share

Entering a SMB share: Hi everyone, in W10 i shared a folder and i want to enter them using "ES File Explorer" in Android. From that app i'm requested for user e psw. SMB protocol are active: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>...
  9. Windows 10 won't connect to SMB.1x share

Windows 10 won't connect to SMB.1x share: Installing Windows 10 BUT was told that it will not connect to SMB1.x Share which i have running on one of my servers. Can i configure it to make this work on Windows 10 - I am looking to install win 10 image on several computers next week - need this issue fixed or will have...
  10. Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?

Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?: Hello, I installed 10 on a PC with same username & pass as usual. Then from 7 I tried to reach d$ but it ask me pass & login, while normally it doesn't ask any (since it's the same!).. Can't understand that, would you please explain me/us..? Thanks! 33097