Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise - Changing Default Keyboard Setting

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise - Changing Default Keyboard Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings. I am not a techie although I can follow clear, complete, and unambiguous instructions. I need to use the CAFR (Canadian French) keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by expos4ever, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise - Changing Default Keyboard Setting

Greetings. I am not a techie although I can follow clear, complete, and unambiguous instructions. I need to use the CAFR (Canadian French) keyboard setting to ensure that the result of a keystroke is correct. Example: On my physical keyboard, the double-quote character (") is printed above the "2" character on one of my keys. This implies that if I strike SHIFT-2, I should get the " character. But I don't - I get @. Someone explained to me that I need to use the CAFR setting to solve this problem. And I figured out how to activate the CAFR setting. And then my keyboard behaves properly. Fine. However, this keyboard setting keeps reverting to CMS (e.g. if the screensaver has been active). And then my keys do not behave properly. I assume the issue is that I need to make CAFR my default keyboard setting. How do I do this, please? Note, that I tried this link: Set Default Keyboard Input Language in Windows 10 But the instructions are not correct, at least not in relation to my computer as presently configured. Thanks in advance.

:)

expos4ever, Jun 22, 2021

2. How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

Change your keyboard layout

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Keyboard keeps changing from my default!

Disable the keyboard shortcuts that have caused your problems by changing layouts inadvertently.

Settings,
    Devices,
    Typing,
    Advanced keyboard settings,
    Input language hot keys,
    Advanced key settings tab,
    Change key sequence,
    Set Switch input language to Not assigned,
    Set Switch keyboard language to Not assigned,
    OK,
    OK.

But there is also the WinKey+Spacebar shortcut and I have never found a way of disabling that.

Windows 10 Enterprise - Changing Default Keyboard Setting [​IMG]

A method of redirecting this key combination using PowerToys is suggested in the 30th May post by Archimedes Trajano at Disable Win+Space keyboard-layout switch - Super User
    - There is a list of WinKey shortcuts in Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10 - Windows Help
    - When I was considering this issue, it seemed to me that redirecting WinKey+Spacebar to
    WinKey+, {Desktop Peek}
    was the least obtrusive alternative but a close second was
    WinKey+Ctrl+Shift+B {wake PC}
    but this does flash the screen & sound a beep.

How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys - TenForumsTutorials
    New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.20.0 released - TenForums

Denis

4. Windows 10 Enterprise - Changing Default Keyboard Setting

WIndows 10 Enterprise demands I "use language list" for keyboard selection

This is a Thinkpad laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise build 1803.

The system is functionally set to "English" and works correctly, however the laptop has a German keyboard.

When I go to Settings | Region and Language | Advanced keyboard settings it always has "Use language list" as the choice for keyboard (drop-down choices are between German and English). No matter how many times I change this to "German", it always changes
    itself to "Use language list".

This is a small irritant since this means the English keyboard is always defaulted to when I boot the laptop, and if I don't remember to change the (rad nabbit!!) keyboard I fail my first login or two.

Michael`Rightmire, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise - Changing Default Keyboard Setting

1. Windows 10 Enterprise - Changing Default Keyboard Setting - Similar Threads - Enterprise Changing Default

2. Default keyboard backlight setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default keyboard backlight setting: I have a Huawei Matebook 14D with Windows 11 home.The backlight setting via the F3 button has three grades when you press it, 1 - off, 2 -light on, 3 - light onslightly stronger. I would have expected that if I set it to the 3rd one and then restart the laptop, the selected...
  3. Default keyboard backlight setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default keyboard backlight setting: I have a Huawei Matebook 14D with Windows 11 home.The backlight setting via the F3 button has three grades when you press it, 1 - off, 2 -light on, 3 - light onslightly stronger. I would have expected that if I set it to the 3rd one and then restart the laptop, the selected...
  4. Change default setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default setting: How do I change the default setting on the weather tile please RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-setting/be9c01ab-63da-4000-96f3-d6bb0314bae5
  5. Changing keyboard default shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing keyboard default shortcuts: Hello everyone I am studying German at the moment, so would like to like change some of the keyboard shortcuts to make typing certain words easier. To explain what I mean: At the moment, if I push control + alt + a, for instance, I get á. I would like to change the...
  6. changing default setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing default setting: I have set my laptop to open a .dav document with Widows Media Player. However, that can't do it so I now wish to change to another programme that will open it but can't work out how to....
  7. Windows 10 1803 changes default settings on PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 changes default settings on PC: Hi. I just discovered that my keyboard had switched to English (US) instead of English (UK)> I assume this happened after installing 1803 recently. Other settings appear to have been altered, also. After changing the settings, I kept getting messages that "Something has...
  8. changing default settings

in Browsers and Email
    changing default settings: I have office 2013 and use outlook for my email. When I delete a message it goes into my trash folder and not my deleted folder. Plus the trash folder keeps only a few days of deleted emai9ls. How can I change outlook to send deleted items to the deleted folder and also keep...
  9. How To Set A Default Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Set A Default Keyboard?: During windows 10 installation, I had installed a UK as well as a US keyboard. Whenever my computer goes in sleep mode or is restarted, it switches automatically to the UK keyboard. I know the shortcut to changing it is windows key + spacebar. But it's still inconvenient as I...
  10. Set Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Keyboard Input Language in Windows 10 How to Set Default Keyboard Input Language in Windows 10 In Windows, you can configure your keyboard to use a different keyboard layout or input method to type in another language. The language of your...