Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise: family reporting not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise: family reporting not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My family PC has Windows 10 Enterprise installed it was brought home from my business. My kids have accounts on the PC and I am the organizer of our... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by smg777, Apr 21, 2020.

1. smg777 Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise: family reporting not working

My family PC has Windows 10 Enterprise installed it was brought home from my business. My kids have accounts on the PC and I am the organizer of our Microsoft Family account and the kids accounts are linked to my Microsoft Account. The issue is that while their accounts are in fact linked, I cannot set "app and game limits" as games and applications that are installed on the PC are not showing up in a list when I access "App and game limits" in my Microsoft account.

I have another PC at home with Windows 10 Home installed and everything works and reports normally for all the kids accounts.

Is this a limitation in Windows 10 Enterprise?

:)

smg777, Apr 21, 2020

2. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Family reports not showing up

Hello,

Well, there are some additional steps which needs to be enabled once we are in Windows 10, that was the reason I had suggest to follow the steps from the link, but as you have mentioned that everything was setup correctly you may follow the steps and check.

• Press Windows key + R key.

• Type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.

• Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from

familysafety.microsoft.com
    the next time you sign in.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise: family reporting not working

Family Safety weekly report being CC'd to my children

Hi,

As the information of Family Safety Report are going to children by default, we would like you to do a refresh on the child account and see if the issue persists.

To remove/re-add a child account, please follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to Family Safety using the parent account.

2. Click Manage list of Family Members.

3. Select the child account, and then click Remove. Click Remove to confirm.

Please refer the below link on removal or turn off the family features:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-features-remove-uninstall-faq

After troubleshooting, we would suggest you to add the children account. The reports will not be CC to children.

The below link will help you to add your children's account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/monitor-child-device-activity

For more information on Family Safety Account on Windows 10, please refer to the below link:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

If the issue still persist, we would suggest to write back to us with the results for the above steps provided, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise: family reporting not working

1. Windows 10 Enterprise: family reporting not working - Similar Threads - Enterprise family reporting

2. Microsoft Family Activity Reporting not working on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Activity Reporting not working on Windows 10: Hi,I know there are a lot of reports about Microsoft Family Activity Reporting not working on Windows 10 and I've tried a lot of the suggestions but I still haven't been able to get it to work.Here's what I tried:1. Remove any anti-virus or parental control software that may...
  3. microsoft family reporting and controls stopped working

microsoft family reporting and controls stopped working: I have this setup on my sons windows 10 PC. It worked great for weeks by giving me activity reports, restricting content, screen time controls etc. Now it never shows anything and the controls fail to control access. I've tried EVERY fix suggested! I've checked all the...
  4. Family Features screen time Activity report is not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Family Features screen time Activity report is not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Activity reporting is available if you have a child in your Family group. If you’re experiencing family activity reporting issues in Windows 10, Xbox One […] This article Family Features screen time Activity report is not working in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  5. Family Activity Reporting

Family Activity Reporting: Anyone have experience with family activity reporting? I'm trying to get an idea of how accurate it is. The hours seem excessive and while it may be real I was suspect with them because of such a high number on a given day (Thanksgiving) when I no there wasn't much usage...
  6. microsoft family not reporting activity

microsoft family not reporting activity: just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen time and app...
  7. Family activity reporting doesn't work - version 1903

Family activity reporting doesn't work - version 1903: This summer my 2 sons have left for over a month of vacation and they didn't use their computers at all. After they came back home, I noticed that activity reporting no longer works - it shows no information, as if they still haven't used their computers. Once I started...
  8. changing language in Family reports

changing language in Family reports: I have tried 3 times with MS Support to sort out why I am still receiving Family reports in a different language than my account default language. Reports sent to my wife are in correct one, while mine is wrong. Setting new family reports still "takes as parameter" the old...
  9. Default language family reports

Default language family reports: I want to change the default language in the family reports to spanish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-language-family-reports/38330db1-d9b8-4060-a8aa-b92e7a44d4f9"
  10. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...