Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry?

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was wondering if Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry, since I have seen my computer trying to make a request to "v10.data.microsoft.com" My computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Emmanuel David Angulo, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry?

I was wondering if Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry, since I have seen my computer trying to make a request to "v10.data.microsoft.com"
    My computer has windows 10 enterprise update 2004
    Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry? 96241b07-9ddb-4ffc-8ca8-64c87448553c?upload=true.png
    This is what I see on my Pi-hole logs, Edge it's not supposed to do this since it's Windows 10 Enterprise with Microsoft Edge Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry? f11ceab8-3d9a-4e6d-8cb8-7cbefd1c9865?upload=true.png

This is the web interface logs, this is not supposed to happen, as I have Windows 10 Enterprise build 19041.450 amd64
    Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry? 8ffdf884-77ef-4ee2-9516-3202f11722c2?upload=true.png

Now the reason as to why I'm making this post is because I hate telemetry, I've manually searched onto my Windows installation and searched through any telemetry related .dll file.

Windows still works fine, but this is not supposed to happen, as this is the Windows 10 Enterprise edition, If Enterprise had telemetry I would move onto Linux, since this is clearly anti-privacy.

For some other reason my DNS server keeps changing every 5 minutes, no idea why this happens, but I hate the fact that I have to change my DNS settings every 5 minutes.

:)

Emmanuel David Angulo, Sep 16, 2020
  2. torre Win User

Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

Hi Mike,

We'd like to know more about the issue which you are experiencing regarding the Windows Compatibility Telemetry. It would be great if you can provide us the following details:

• What is the build and version of your Windows OS? To get this, press
      Windows key + R
      , type winver, and hit OK.
    • When has the issue started? How often does the it spike up its CPU and Disk usage?
    • What are the programs running on your computer when this issue occurs?

If you are running have Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise edition installed on your machine, then we may try to configure the Telemetry diagnostic data level through Group Policy editor. Follow the steps below to do so:

1. From the Group Policy Management Console, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    2. Double-click Allow Telemetry.
    3. In the Options box, select the level that you want to configure, and then click
      OK.

You can also check the following article on how to
    improve PC performance in Windows 10

We'll be waiting for your response.

MaRoselle Cag, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry?

Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

Hello,

Windows telemetry inform our decisions and focus our efforts in providing the most robust, most valuable platform for your business and the people who count on Windows to enable them to be as productive as possible. Telemetry gives users a voice in
    the operating system’s development. For more information regarding Windows telemetry, you may check this
    article.

If you don't want to participate in providing automatic feedback to improve the operating system, we can disable Windows Telemetry by following these steps:

• Run the Services desktop application.
    • Locate Diagnostics Tracking Service in the services list, and open its
      Property Sheet.
    • Stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service, and then change the Startup Type to
      Disabled.
    • Click OK.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry?

1. Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry? - Similar Threads - Enterprise has telemetry

2. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  3. Windows Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Telemetry: I've been using O&O's ShutUp10 for a long time now. I use it to disable telemetry, so I don't have to mess with the registry. After updating to the latest version of Windows 10 OS Build 19042.804, which is the Feb. 9 update, Windows keeps turning on telemetry. Every time I...
  4. Windows 10 Telemetry: new control option for Enterprise customers launches

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Telemetry: new control option for Enterprise customers launches: Microsoft announced the public preview of a new Telemetry controlling option for Enterprise customers on July 23, 2020. Telemetry date, Microsoft prefers the term diagnostic data due to the negative connotation of the term Telemetry, has been a controversial aspect of the...
  5. Telemetry meaning in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Telemetry meaning in windows 10: In full diagnostic settings its send advance diagnostic data which include the files and content ? What's the meaning of files and content here ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telemetry-meaning-in-windows-10/4e1098fb-d5ca-4fbd-9b5a-c4fd655f64fc
  6. German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled

in Windows 10 News
    German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled: Telemetry has been a hot topic ever since Microsoft released the first version of the company's Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft decided to integrate the collecting of data deeply into the operating system; so deep that the consumer editions Windows 10 Home and Windows...
  7. how to block windows 10 telemetry?!

how to block windows 10 telemetry?!: there are so many guides and software about how block windows 10 telemetry but they present zero evidences that actually works so the question is ; it's even possible to block windows 10 telemetry ??? and how you do it and how you can verify it actually works ?!...
  8. Win 10 Telemetry Article

Win 10 Telemetry Article: Another article on telemetry. Interested to read the opinion of the more experienced forum members and the opinion of the three tools mentioned. (Spybot Antibeacon, O&O Shutup, Wireshark) Credible idea or too much tin foil ? If you ask me whether I'm worried about...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable: I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings. I consult on a wide range of projects, and...
  10. Win 10 Nagware/Telemetry via Win 7 - Enterprise version immune?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Nagware/Telemetry via Win 7 - Enterprise version immune?: I have been reading reams of info on the recent moves by Microsoft to force/fool/trick users into moving to Windows 10 (the GWX debacle) and the mysterious nature of many recent Windows updates - that in reality are merely setups (and data gathering) updates designed to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 enterprise telemetry