Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user?

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out how to tell Windows 10 Enterprise that there is, and always will be, just one user account on the machine. My goal is to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TH56ER, May 6, 2019.

1. TH56ER Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user?

I am trying to figure out how to tell Windows 10 Enterprise that there is, and always will be, just one user account on the machine.

My goal is to fully block and prevent the use of the Public folder. I also want to fully block and prevent the use of the "all users" folder for start menu shortcuts.

I know the Public folder can be hidden. This does not prevent third-party software from using it, which means I still need to check multiple locations for files that were saved during certain installation processes. DevExpress and Adobe are two companies that dump a great many files into the Public folder, and they are just examples.

Some Open/Save windows also default to the Public folder even if hidden.

The same happens when applications install without giving the option of installing only for the current user. Many dump their application shortcuts into the all users folder of the start menu.

So, what I am trying to do is somehow tell Windows 10 that on the machine in question, from now until the end of time, there is just a single user and these extraneous folders do not need to exist.

Thanks for any hints on how to accomplish this, assuming it is possible.

:)

TH56ER, May 6, 2019
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, May 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user? capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user? - Similar Threads - Enterprise possible setup

2. windows license issue Single Language to Enterprise ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows license issue Single Language to Enterprise ???: Hi Team ,hope you are in good condition , I have a doubt ,I bought a hp laptop with windows 11 Single Language edition ,But I need Enterprise edition so i have copied a key and paste and after paste the key the original single language edition os restated ,after successfully...
  3. windows license issue Single Language to Enterprise ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows license issue Single Language to Enterprise ???: Hi Team ,hope you are in good condition , I have a doubt ,I bought a hp laptop with windows 11 Single Language edition ,But I need Enterprise edition so i have copied a key and paste and after paste the key the original single language edition os restated ,after successfully...
  4. Possible to Delete Local User and Reinitiate First Time Setup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to Delete Local User and Reinitiate First Time Setup?: I'm wiping some computers at work that we'll be selling to our employees. I'm trying to get them as updated as possible before we hand them over. The Lenovo restore image puts them at Windows 10 1706. I'm creating a local user and updating them to make sure theyre current and...
  5. Proxy setup only for single WiFi network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy setup only for single WiFi network in Windows 10: Hello! I'm using a WiFi network that needs a proxy for which I use windows 10 manual configuration and check the "Use proxy server" switch. But this proxy setting is applied to all the network connections and I only need proxy for only one WiFi network. Every time I connect...
  6. Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible?: Hi, I have a laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise installed in it. The thing is when I purchased the laptop I had no idea about any OS and how to install any. So, one of my elder cousins purchased a copy of the Enterprise edition and installed it on my laptop and now I want it...
  7. Windows 10 first user setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 first user setup.: I just received a new Dell desktop with Window 10 Pro. As the first user and going through the initial setup I can't get past the birth date entry to continue the setup. The setup will not accept any birth date I enter and as a result I cannot continue. Don't know what to...
  8. Windows 10 enterprise OS setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 enterprise OS setup: Hello, please I need education on how to install Windows 10 enterprise OS on about 20 PCs in an organization. 132809
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user?: I am trying to figure out how to tell Windows 10 Enterprise that there is, and always will be, just one user account on the machine. My goal is to fully block and prevent the use of the Public folder. I also want to fully block and prevent the use of the "all users" folder...
  10. Administration user setup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administration user setup on Windows 10: I am running Windows 10. In Network and Sharing Centre, I am unable to turn on File and Printer Sharing. It allows me to select it but when I save and then go back in, it is turned off again. I have followed many threads in various forums but have been unable to come up...