Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise Lifecycle Policy

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise Lifecycle Policy in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please clarify the below "important" note, Which windows 10 built will Microsoft support until 14, 2025. Is there any specific built or is this about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Muhammad Faizan mfaizan, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise Lifecycle Policy

Please clarify the below "important" note, Which windows 10 built will Microsoft support until 14, 2025. Is there any specific built or is this about whole windows 10 support? Please clarify this.

Also provide the link for windows 10 built extended support.

Thanks

Windows 10 Enterprise Lifecycle Policy 625200fa-a7d2-46b9-8170-2ad0fcd38bbc?upload=true.png Windows 10 Enterprise Lifecycle Policy 2f2c99a2-c52a-47e7-89d8-d97d59488e23?upload=true.png

:)

Muhammad Faizan mfaizan, Feb 24, 2021

2. MIcrosoft Lifecycle policy.

DaveM121

Please google Microsoft Lifecycle Policy

Q-U-I-G-M-O, Feb 24, 2021
  3. groze Win User
    Lifecycle Policy Infomation and question

Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess | ZDNet

If I am reading this correctly.
    All new consumer devices have 5 years mainstream support with 5 years of extend support.
    So does that mean those systems that are upgrade to windows 10 will only have 5 years of extended support?

I think business users (Non enterprise) again if I am reading correctly will have shorter Lifecycle and may have to pay for updates.

What I read on the website is a little confusing.

Edited to add questions & another comment

What happens to your device after 5 years if you don't upgrade or it becomes unsupported? Does it have reduce functionality? Does it become a paperweight and stop working?

I am actually thinking of not upgrading to windows 10 because of the Lifecycle policy if that is Zdnet article is accurate. I am assuming, I would only have 5 years of windows 10 being supported on my windows 7 system.

groze, Feb 24, 2021
  4. DavidY Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise Lifecycle Policy

Microsoft commits to 10-year support lifecycle for Windows 10

Full ZDNet article: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...or-windows-10/

Microsoft support lifecycle for Windows: Lifecycle FAQ - Windows - Microsoft Lifecycle

DavidY, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise Lifecycle Policy

1. Windows 10 Enterprise Lifecycle Policy - Similar Threads - Enterprise Lifecycle Policy

2. Windows 10 lifecycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lifecycle: Is Windows 10, version 23H2 going to be the last version of Windows 10?Are Windows 10 Insiders running the Release Preview Channel going to be redirected to Windows 11?What will the end of support warning look like?Are you going to force Windows 11 upgrades in 2025?Please...
  3. Windows 10 lifecycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 lifecycle: Is Windows 10, version 23H2 going to be the last version of Windows 10?Are Windows 10 Insiders running the Release Preview Channel going to be redirected to Windows 11?What will the end of support warning look like?Are you going to force Windows 11 upgrades in 2025?Please...
  4. Windows 10 lifecycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 1909 lifecycle compared to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 lifecycle compared to 2004: Hi hoping this is a quick one, can someone explain to me why Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909 has a end of service date of 10/05/2022 and 2004 is 14/12/2021 when 2004 was released later. I'm looking to upgrade our 1809 devices but not sure which version to go for that may...
  6. Windows lifecycle fact sheet

in Windows 10 News
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet: Windows 10 version 1709 & 1809 end of service dates extended due to pandemic. [img] ** Serviced for 30 months from release date per policy updated at September 6, 2018. *** Delay to scheduled end of support and servicing dates due to public health situation. For more...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise ignores no reboot with logged on users policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Enterprise ignores no reboot with logged on users policy: I am using WSUS to manage windows Updates in my environment, hence the Enterprise licensing. My DC is server 2012 r2, function level 2012 r2. GPO's configured to: disable dual scan no forced reboot with logged on users no forced reboot during active hours I have mixed...
  8. Group Policy Deployment to Windows 10 Enterprise PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Deployment to Windows 10 Enterprise PC: Hi All, I am currently testing a Windows 10 Enterprise PC to see how it performs with our companies internal applications as we are looking to upgrade to the new operating system in the future. One snag I have come across is Group Policy, we don't utilise this probably...
  9. Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions In Windows 10, version 1511, the following Group Policies apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education. [img] Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ation-editions...
  10. The Lifecycle of a UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App: Lifecycle management in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is critical for the efficient use of battery power and memory. When done correctly, it allows the user to multitask between apps without needing to know anything about these resource optimizations. Today’s post...