Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB - Desktop Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB - Desktop Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few days ago over half of the shortcuts on my desktop disappeared. I have no idea what happened to cause this. My user desktop folder still showed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MNH, Feb 6, 2016.

1. MNH
    MNH Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB - Desktop Problem

A few days ago over half of the shortcuts on my desktop disappeared. I have no idea what happened to cause this. My user desktop folder still showed all of the shortcuts that were previously on the visual desktop. When I attempted to recreate the missing shortcuts on my visual desktop I received an error message asking to rename the shortcut to "Shortcut" (2).

I deleted the shortcuts in my user desktop folder and created new ones on my visual desktop. When I selected "align icons to grid" they all went to the first line at the top of my visual desktop. When I tried to drag them back down they snapped back to the top. When I selected "auto arrange icons" over half of them disappeared again. In addition, when I tried to install Acronis True Image 16 the program would not complete the installation because it could not create a shortcut on my desktop.

I opened Windows PowerShell (Admin) and ran sfc /scannow. The CBS.log file showed two corrupt files. I don't remember which ones. One was a .dll file and the other one was a .pri file. I then did the following:

Created a new folder in D:\ and named it “mount”
    Searched for "install.wim" on the Windows 10 DVD and copied it to D:\
    Opened Windows Powershell (Admin) - Copied and pasted each of the following lines one at a time and ran:

Dism /mount-wim /wimFile*Biggrin:\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir*Biggrin:\mount
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source*Biggrin:\mount\windows /LimitAccess
    Dism /unmount-wim /Mountdir:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount /discard

All of the commands ran successfully.

I ran sfc /scannow and the CBS.log and the DISM.log indicated there were no corrupt files.

The desktop problem is still the same. I do not want to use System Restore at this point because I only have one old restore point. I previously created a task to create a restore point each time Windows starts but it is not working (thus the reason for wanting to install Acronis). I have spent two days since that point installing programs and tweaking numerous settings in Windows and the programs and do not want to lose all of that work. I am unclear about what I will lose by trying to reinstall Windows from the installation DVD or trying to run the executable from within Windows.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation

I confirmed that they had the links backwards. Downloading the LTSB version gives you regular Enterprise and downloading the Enterprise version gives you the LTSB version. I found this out the hard way, because I wanted the regular Enterprise version, but
    got the LTSB version. You can tell by the watermark in the bottom right corner of your desktop.

Christopher Brown, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation

Hello!

So until now I've been using Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation and since this version of the os doesn't qualify for the Windows 10 Update I decided to download the Enterprise Evaluation for 10. I know that the LTSB is a "slim" version, let's say, and it
    doesn't have the Store and Microsoft Edge, so I checked at the registry panel "Windows 10 Enterprise" not LTSB and I downloaded and installed this : 10240.16384.150709-1700.TH1_CLIENTENTERPRISE_S_EVAL_X64FRE_EN-US.iso. The problem is once everything was done
    I checked the windows version and is Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation LTSB and the Store and Edge are missing as well.

Is this supposed to happen on all Enterprise versions or the link just gave me the LTSB version? Is there a possibility to get the normal Enterprise Evaluation with all the things like in Windows 8.1?

ACbaracuda, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB - Desktop Problem

1. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB - Desktop Problem - Similar Threads - Enterprise LTSB Desktop

2. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install: We currently have a CL100 brick pc that was purchased for one of our machines. It came with only a 30GB hard drive and 2GB of Ram, but had Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB on it. We are having issues with it that may be a faulty install of Windows, and rather than repair, I am...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install: We currently have a CL100 brick pc that was purchased for one of our machines. It came with only a 30GB hard drive and 2GB of Ram, but had Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB on it. We are having issues with it that may be a faulty install of Windows, and rather than repair, I am...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB install

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 10 enterprise ltsb 2016 version 1607 to windows 10 enterprise ltsb version 1903

windows 10 enterprise ltsb 2016 version 1607 to windows 10 enterprise ltsb version 1903: How to upgrade from windows 10 enterprise ltsb 2016 version 1607 to windows 10 enterprise ltsb version 1903? 1. Does it require fresh installation from DVD or can be done online if connected to internet? 2. What is the latest version of windows 10 enterprise LTSB?...
  6. Window 10 Enterprise LTSB 1607 Patching

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window 10 Enterprise LTSB 1607 Patching: Dear everyone, I had Window 10 iso with Enterprise version of 1607 build 14393.447 iso. I would like to install latest "security" patches only to my windows. Had installed latest SSU (KB4509091) for 1607. When I am installed latest security patches...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016: I have a question about Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB from 2016, version build 1607. Could you help me? I’d like to know if this is a supported version and if this version gets security updates...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB Upgrade

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB Upgrade: Hi MS Team , i have a product from Honeywell ,its a WIFi/Cellular device which is running on OS Windows 10 64bit and believed to be a very2 old build , what is the best way of upgrading this device to at least 1607 build to make MDM work. FYI i have around 200 unit of...
  9. Windows Enterprise LTSB

Windows Enterprise LTSB: Dear Sir what is diefference between Windows Enterprise LTSB & Windows Enterprise LTSB 2016. Regards Umesh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-enterprise-ltsb/4d053f85-9a3c-4698-89b5-309d844766e0
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB: I just noticed this pop up on my MSDN downloads: Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Looks like it may be 14393, as it was just released. But, this appears to be a new moniker (2016) rather than 1607. 60005