Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomas Borjon, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff work out of home offices and another 1/3 are extremely frequent travelers. All are part of our domain. There are no configured domain windows updates policies.

Many users are experiencing bsod. One was up to 3 to 4 per day. I asked him to check for windows updates and he said nothing showed up. He crashed again and i went to look. Sure enough, even after clicking check now, no windows updates of any kind showed.

We waited until Friday and i took his machine home to re image it. He had experienced numerous bsod in the days leading up to Friday. On a whim, i decided to check windows updates. Sure enough, while at home, on my private network, the surface pro identified over 50 updates, some dating back to February. This was August.

I let it download the updates. The machine has not crashed since.

Why is the machine not downloading and installing these updates? I'm the domain admin. There are no policies regarding updates. The users machine scans clean in Vipre and windows defender. apparently no malware is present.

And why would it matter if it was in my home network and not the office network?

Another clue, i suspect it is a Mis-detection of connection speed. I have a 100mb fiber asynchronous connection coming into the office.

If i turn on the windows updates option to download updates over metered connections, the machines do get updates.

So why do i have to turn this on for my office connection, that is much faster than my home connection?

Another clue, i received an update for power bi today on my Android phone. I tired downloading it numerous times, and each time, it would tell me that it could not, that i needed to contact to high speed internet to download it. Except i was. I was connected to my office 100mb synchronous fiber, via wifi. But for some reason, both my Android phone and many windows 10 computers think the office connection is a dog. But it's not.

So what is windows 10 using to determine network connection speed. It's not using the speed check that comes with windows 10, because that sees my Internet conn as 95 down/90 up. And it appears to be very broken. At least on my network.

:)

Thomas Borjon, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Devices - Jan. 9, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Devices (09 January 2018) Surface

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

New Updates for Surface 3 devices running Windows 10 - May 30

Source: Updates for Surface 3 (30 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023487

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

1. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices - Similar Threads - Enterprise downloading updates

2. Pc crashing constantly especially with downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashing constantly especially with downloads: Pc started crashing randomly and very frequently and always happens when I try to download something. Whether that be an update or a game it will download for a short time then blue screen and force me to bios. It started happening after upgrading to windows 11. All my...
  3. Pc crashing constantly especially with downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashing constantly especially with downloads: Pc started crashing randomly and very frequently and always happens when I try to download something. Whether that be an update or a game it will download for a short time then blue screen and force me to bios. It started happening after upgrading to windows 11. All my...
  4. How to download Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download Windows 10 Enterprise: Hi, everyone.I want to download and install the Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I have a valid product key of this edition. Can I download it through Media Creation Tool? If so, then how to do it? If not, then is there any other ways to download it? Please help me with this....
  5. How to download Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to download Windows 10 Enterprise: Hi, everyone.I want to download and install the Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I have a valid product key of this edition. Can I download it through Media Creation Tool? If so, then how to do it? If not, then is there any other ways to download it? Please help me with this....
  6. How to download Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows 10 Enterprise driver for Surface go 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 Enterprise driver for Surface go 2: We have a MS surface go 2 , it comes with Windows 10 home , S mode version . After I have upgraded it to Windows 10 Enterprise , it pops the wifi driver is failed , I tried to find and installed the latest driver for MS surface go 2 , but still not work , the network is still...
  8. windows 10 Enterprise driver for Surface go 2

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 Enterprise driver for Surface go 2: We have a MS surface go 2 , it comes with Windows 10 home , S mode version . After I have upgraded it to Windows 10 Enterprise , it pops the wifi driver is failed , I tried to find and installed the latest driver for MS surface go 2 , but still not work , the network is still...
  9. Surface Pro X - Windows Enterprise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro X - Windows Enterprise: Will the new Surface Pro X be able to run Windows 10 Enterprise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-x-windows-enterprise/cf536b52-c3d1-4b89-b202-01c19cf589f3
  10. Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 Enterprise Unactivated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 Enterprise Unactivated: A while back I bought a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 off of eBay for £180. It was all fine until about Friday 9th of November 2018, when the copy of Windows deactivated itself. It says that it cannot reach the organisations activation server. I'm unsure what to do. It doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver V20.19.15.4835 for Windows Win10 64bit

2. surfacepro4_win10_15063_1801001_4