Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise Signing in to a local user account added to a device

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise Signing in to a local user account added to a device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! First time here in Microsoft Community.Would like to ask how can I sign in to a local user account on Windows 10 Enterprise? I am currently logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pranchi, Jan 14, 2022.

1. pranchi Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise Signing in to a local user account added to a device

Hi! First time here in Microsoft Community.Would like to ask how can I sign in to a local user account on Windows 10 Enterprise? I am currently logged in on my school account through Azure AD, and I added a local account to my PC.It doesn't show up on the lock screen, and instead the main school and the "Other user" is only shown, and I even tried restarting my PC. Maybe I missed something? Haven't digged through research some information are just either clickbait or irrelevant to my concern. Thanks!

:)

pranchi, Jan 14, 2022

2. "Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. johnpd Win User

Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts set up on my computers and I don't particularly want a Microsoft account user set up as I will never use it. With the latest Win10 versions apparently Microsoft wants all computers to have a Microsoft account user set up as they make it very difficult to set up a local user as the first account. Does anyone have any way around this? I am not sure what listing this device on your account buys you.

JohnD

johnpd, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Enterprise Signing in to a local user account added to a device - Similar Threads - Enterprise Signing local

2. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  3. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  4. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account: Hi All,When we apply Password Policy in Intune for Azure Ad Account to Login to Window Computers, Does the policy applies to Local user Account as well ?For Example: When creating Windows device compliance Policy we have option to Password expiration days, if we apply this...
  6. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account: Hi All,When we apply Password Policy in Intune for Azure Ad Account to Login to Window Computers, Does the policy applies to Local user Account as well ?For Example: When creating Windows device compliance Policy we have option to Password expiration days, if we apply this...
  7. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise Signing in to a local user account added to a device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Enterprise Signing in to a local user account added to a device: Hi! First time here in Microsoft Community.Would like to ask how can I sign in to a local user account on Windows 10 Enterprise? I am currently logged in on my school account through Azure AD, and I added a local account to my PC.It doesn't show up on the lock screen, and...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise Signing in to a local user account added to a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise Signing in to a local user account added to a device: Hi! First time here in Microsoft Community.Would like to ask how can I sign in to a local user account on Windows 10 Enterprise? I am currently logged in on my school account through Azure AD, and I added a local account to my PC.It doesn't show up on the lock screen, and...
  10. Deleted local user account and adding windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted local user account and adding windows hello: Hi I had an issue with my sons family activity reporting and it appeared to be because he was a local user account rather than under my family in terms of the user admin. I couldn't find an option to switch him from a local user to a Microsoft family account user so created...