Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently received an out of use laptop from work to now be used for personal use. It currently has an unactivated version of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mcb09016, Mar 13, 2020.

1. mcb09016 Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home

Hello,

I recently received an out of use laptop from work to now be used for personal use. It currently has an unactivated version of Windows 10 Enterprise on it. I would like to use an activated version of Windows 10 home I have a Home version product key to use. The product key I have doesn't seem to work when I put it in the activation box- probably because the laptop is trying to use Enterprise? How do I change from Enterprise to Home?

:)

mcb09016, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Enterprise Home

2. Windows 10 Enterprise generic product key used-how to I go back to Home?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise generic product key used-how to I go back to Home?: I recently used a Windows 10 Enterprise product key on my laptop, which had Windows 10 Home pre-installed on it. I tried it out and decided not to get the license and to continue using Home. However, I don't know how to go back to Windows 10 Home! Now there's the dreaded...
  3. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated: Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error...
  4. Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license: Just purchased a Surface Pro 7 with Home for a new user, and I want them to use the Enterprise license I assigned to him through the Office Portal. There's no way to add a Home computer to Azure AD directly. So I found another site to use a trial volume key to get the...
  5. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated: Hi, I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was successful. But, after the Windows has upgraded and restarted, I have activation issues because now edition is Enterprise even...
  6. Multiple monitos support in RDP from Windows 10 Home to Windows 7 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitos support in RDP from Windows 10 Home to Windows 7 Enterprise: Hi, I have Windows 7 Enterprise PC at work with multiple monitors, and I'm running Windows 10 Home edition at home with multiple monitors. I'd like to use Remote Desktop with multiple monitors setup to connect from home to work. "Use all my monitors for remote session"...
  7. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 enterprise: I've had this computer for some time and upgraded to windows 10 home edition when it was offered for free some time ago, recently I bought the enterprise edition from the Microsoft store and it is now saying I need to activate my Windows edition. Error code: 0x803F7001...
  8. Connection to USB Drive Plugged into Router -Failing on Windows Home but not Enterprise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection to USB Drive Plugged into Router -Failing on Windows Home but not Enterprise: I'm struggling to connect to a USB hard drive that I've plugged into my router. I'm using Windows 10 Home version 1909. When I try to connect to the router 192.168.1.254 with the disk drive in it, it takes a while, and then says it cannot connect. The diagnostic information...
  9. How to downgrade from Windows 10 enterprises to Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to downgrade from Windows 10 enterprises to Windows 10 home: I purchased a asus laptop having windows 10 home pre-install for lifetime. But my brother change its key for windows 10 enterprises and thats key are fake and not work. Now my laptop say its a windows 10 enterprises and not actived. So how i get back to windows 10 home...
  10. Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise: I am at a complete loss here! I spent $139.00 to get an installation ofWindows 10 Home. The email receipt said I was purchasing Windows 10 Home, gave me a product key and a link to install the operating system on myWindows Surface Pro 7. I had previously purchased and install...