Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 to v1903 Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mashoor539, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education

After updating Windows 10 to v1903 Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education efce08bc-f4f8-4cc8-853d-7dc5ed17adf7?upload=true.png

:)

Mashoor539, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Windows 10 Pro upgraded to Education with Education Key, now says Enterprise in 'About'

Hi Wayne,

Windows 10 Education provides all Windows 10 Enterprise features (excluding Cortana), designed for use in schools, colleges, and universities. This is just normal to see since it is the same license. It was just changed because of the company's license was
    Education edition. You can learn more about the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise & Education by visiting the website found on the link provided:

Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise & Education - There’s an edition for every business.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Jul 22, 2019
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Upgrading from Windows 7 Enterprise to 10 Education

fwiw;

Insider Enterprise
    iso 16299 here;

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.125]

(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Get-WimInfo /WimFileWindows 10 Enterprise turns into Education :D:\Sources\install.wim
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.16299.15
    Details for image : D:\Sources\install.wim
    Index : 1

Name : Windows 10 Education

Description : Windows 10 Education

Size : 15,746,232,078 bytes
    Index : 2

Name : Windows 10 Education N

Description : Windows 10 Education N

Size : 14,680,347,363 bytes
    Index : 3

Name : Windows 10 Enterprise

Description : Windows 10 Enterprise

Size : 15,767,542,709 bytes
    Index : 4

Name : Windows 10 Enterprise N

Description : Windows 10 Enterprise N

Size : 14,700,067,622 bytes
    Index : 5

Name : Windows 10 Pro

Description : Windows 10 Pro

Size : 15,746,963,891 bytes
    Index : 6

Name : Windows 10 Pro N

Description : Windows 10 Pro N

Size : 14,681,060,059 bytes

'Mike P, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education

windows 10 education upgrade

Yes, it will.

I don't understand though, what was the point of wanting to temporarily switch editions? Windows 10 Enterprise is a premium business license that contains all the features of both Windows 10 Pro and Education.

You have to accept the consequences of what happened and perform a repair install if Pro is what you want to go back to.

You could try the following to see if it helps, if your intention is to preserve files and apps (not guaranteed to work).

• Open Registry Editor(WIN + R, type regedit, hit Enter)

• Browse to key HKEY_Local Machine > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion

• Change EditionID
      to Enterprise (double click EditionID, change value, click OK). In your case it should at the moment show Education

• Change ProductName
      to Windows 10
      Enterprise. In your case it should at the moment show
      Windows 10 Education

• Browse to key HKEY_Local Machine > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion, change the same two values
      as in steps 3 and 4 above

• Close the Registry Editor

• Insert the Windows 10
      Enterpriseinstallation media, do an in-place upgrade by launching the setup from desktop
      (not booting with Windows 10 Enterprise install media)

• When asked, enter your validWindows 10 Enterprise product key and
      select what to keep(settings, personal files and apps, only personal files or nothing)

• Windows 10 Enterprise in-place upgrade will be done now.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education

1. Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education - Similar Threads - Enterprise turns Education

2. windows 10 education

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 education: is there a windows 10 user manual. How does one learn how to use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education/b89aa0cc-8d36-41cd-974a-1af8da00fab2
  3. Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps: Attempting to update Windows 7 Enterprise computers to Windows 10 Education (university environment). According to this chart on Microsoft's website, a full upgrade is supported including retaining apps and settings and data:...
  4. Windows 10 Education

Windows 10 Education: Hello, I am a college student;however, my college does not offer Windows 10 education. Is there any way I can still receive it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education/35838a96-f6ca-429f-9c6a-879c541b3fc1
  5. Windows Virtual Desktop for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Virtual Desktop for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Today, we are announcing Windows Virtual Desktop, the best virtualized Windows and Office experience delivered on Azure. Windows Virtual Desktop is the only cloud-based service that delivers a multi-user Windows 10 experience, optimized for Office 365 ProPlus, and includes...
  6. Windows 10 Education

Windows 10 Education: I am reinstalling windows on my system and the Product key no longer works. Error Code: 0xc004c003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-education/4ade96fb-46e9-4694-a234-d2469f1b60ad
  7. Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Education: I work two I.T. jobs. One of them is in a college I.T. department. So, naturally, when I heard about Windows 10 Education, I wanted to find out more. Mainly, the question that popped into my mind was, "Could this be a good system to upgrade to from 7 for a large deployment...
  8. Local Admin GPO not coming down on Windows 10 Education/Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Admin GPO not coming down on Windows 10 Education/Enterprise: Hello, I am having a weird issue with my group policy that only affects Windows 10 Education clients. The GPO to give local admin rights will not come down on the Education clients. All of my clients that are on Windows 10 Pro, it comes down fine. I work in a large school...
  9. Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?: Are these 3 versions essentially identical out of the box, except for the way Windows Update works? 18153
  10. Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions In Windows 10, version 1511, the following Group Policies apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education. [img] Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ation-editions...