Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Primalucelab Eagle 3 computer that is used for astronomy. It came with Windows 10 Enterprise pre-loaded and when checking for updates Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GordBarrett, May 17, 2023.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade

I have a Primalucelab Eagle 3 computer that is used for astronomy. It came with Windows 10 Enterprise pre-loaded and when checking for updates Windows shows that updates are current. When trying to load a recent release of the Primalucelab software it states that my windows 10 enterprise is out of date and I need to update to a more recent version. The company confirmed this and advised that I need to update Windows to a more current version before I can update their software but I seem to be unable to update Windows 10 Enterprise. I am wondering if the company needs to send an update to W

:)

GordBarrett, May 17, 2023
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to upgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you want more information on how to upgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise.

I suggest you to refer the steps by Bill Smithers on August 19, 2015
    in the following thread and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 17, 2023
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 17, 2023
  4. Gtr-Stosh Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise

There is a lot of conflicting information on how you can and can't upgrade to Enterprise from a current Home edition.

I purchased a system about 2 years ago for business that came with Windows 10 Home by default. Pretty weird combo considering the specs of this system but is what it is.

I had attempted a previous suggestion to upgrade using a standard PRO key first which I did, but it wouldn't activiate and complained not valid. Took a bit to get back to it and Windows complaining about needing activation . So I tried entering our company
    Enterprise key again and voila, it now says Windows 10 Enterprise? Is it possible even though it wouldn't activate, the edition was recognized as PRO so the Enterpise key was then accepted?

My primary question: Will just rebooting give me the full Enterprise functionality or do I need to run any upgrade steps or install steps? I am attempting to avoid a full system reinstall and full applications reinstalls and configuration if I can.

GTR

Gtr-Stosh, May 17, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade

1. Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade - Similar Threads - Enterprise Upgrade

2. Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise: HiOne of my friends ran into a problem when she tried to upgrade her Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 EnterpriseAccording to the upgrading tool her CPU, memory and disk space were all ok, but...Her regarding her operating system for the upgrade to windows...
  3. Prevent Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1 upgrade to 21H2

Prevent Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1 upgrade to 21H2: I have some older software that doesn't like Windows 21H2 so until the vendors have addressed this, I need to stay with version 21H1. Problem, so I had to perform a clean install of 21H1, but Windows Update keeps pushing 21H2 to my system as soon as it has a network...
  4. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  5. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  6. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

7. Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise: Hi All,I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and can't quite get it.I've switched just over 50 win 11 pro laptops a few win 10 pro from domain joined to hybrid azure, and enrolled them into intune endpoint?. We have a policy to upgrade them to enterprise...
  8. Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise

Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise: Hi All,I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and can't quite get it.I've switched just over 50 win 11 pro laptops a few win 10 pro from domain joined to hybrid azure, and enrolled them into intune endpoint?. We have a policy to upgrade them to enterprise...
  9. Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise: I have a product key with me and ran it through the Change Product Key in Settings > System > Activation. It always flashes that it's 100% complete and then throws an "Unable to upgrade your edition" error with the code 0x80070490, I tried it once more until I read that you...
  10. Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise

Unable to upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Enterprise: I have a product key with me and ran it through the Change Product Key in Settings > System > Activation. It always flashes that it's 100% complete and then throws an "Unable to upgrade your edition" error with the code 0x80070490, I tried it once more until I read that you...