Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise vs. Pro: Modern management considerations

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise vs. Pro: Modern management considerations in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In conversations with customers like you, one-on-one or at events, we're often asked to help you choose between Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise vs. Pro: Modern management considerations

Read more: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...nt/ba-p/720445

:)

Brink, Jun 25, 2019
  2. sbpetrack Win User

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

The procedure is a bit arcane, but I have managed to convert an Enterprise Evaluation to Pro, doing it in two steps: EnterpriseEval to Enterprise (unactivated); then Enterprise (unactivated) to Pro. Details here.

(Note to the moderator/owner: apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this thread, in which case I thank you for deleting it. I posted only to update/correct the assertion quoted above.)

sbpetrack, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Jun 25, 2019
  4. lx07 Win User

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

You are asking the wrong question. It is (technically) possible to switch your versions around but it is isn't trivial. If you have to ask about what to do with your games I think you are not even close to being able to do it.

You can convert standard Enterprise to Pro but you can't convert an Enterprise Evaluation to anything as it clearly said when you signed up to the program.

So if you have bought a valid 10 Pro key or your PC came with 10 Pro installed anyway, I'd suggest you clean install 10 Pro. (unplug your other drives first).

Don't try using generic keys or anything. It is against the rules of this forum and will not work in any case.

You need a valid key to activate and assuming you do I suggest you use it.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Enterprise vs. Pro: Modern management considerations - Similar Threads - Enterprise Pro Modern

2. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  3. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  4. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Windows 10 Home/Pro vs Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Home/Pro vs Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC: I don't like Windows 10 Home/Pro edition because it has lots of bugs more a lot than Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, what do you think? 183081
  6. Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise: I have the choice between installing Pro or Enterprise. Enterprise seems like the clear winner here. Is there any reason to install Pro? I don't want / need the store or Cortana. submitted by /u/Ganadai [link] [comments]...
  7. Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise: I've been tasked to find out of Enterprise covers the same features as Pro for Workstations. After doing some research here I found that Enterprise has more features than Pro for Workstation on top of having the same features. Would I be correct on this? If not is there...
  8. Pro vs. Enterprise benchmarks...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pro vs. Enterprise benchmarks...: Some sites benchmarking hardware include testing with 10 Pro and Enterprise, like this site. With the limited number of benchmarks, the Enterprise version performs about 7-8% better: [img] Presumably and pretty much standard with benchmarking, the hardware platform is...
  9. Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?: Is Cortana disabled on Windows 10 Enterprise? Is the version of Search Windows 10 Desktop Search different older on Windows 10 Enterprise than on Windows 10 Pro? On one of my computers running Windows 10 Enterprise v1909 the content of PDF files is NOT being found in...
  10. Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?: Are these 3 versions essentially identical out of the box, except for the way Windows Update works? 18153