Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, I have some problem with using Hyper-V on Windows 10 Enterprise. I did new virtual machine which use also Windows 10 Enterprise. On VM I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by voxron, Nov 9, 2016.

1. voxron Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise

Hi,

I have some problem with using Hyper-V on Windows 10 Enterprise. I did new virtual machine which use also Windows 10 Enterprise. On VM I've switched off Firewall and made permissions for the remote access. When I tried to connect to VM with using standard file browser by the address L: \\pcvmname\c$, I inputted correct credentials, but I've message, Access Denied.
    What interesting thing, I tried to did like steps for the VM with using Server 2012 R2, everything work correct.

What is specific options of the Windows 10, which can blocked access?

Thanks!

:)

voxron, Nov 9, 2016
  2. WWH2000 Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise

I have Windows 10 Enterprise install on my Desk Top and need to know if the Windows-to-Go function on the control panel; when I am installing Windows-to-Go on my Workspace500 will accept a Windows 10 Enterprise - Upgrade & SA Open License.

That is does the Windows 10 Enterprise on my PC create a Windows 10 Enterprise version from it license that will accept the product activation key obtained for the Windows 10 Enterprise - Upgrade & SA?

The Operating System on my PC was an upgrade from Windows 10 Pro and the Workspace500 Flash drive {New} needs Windows Enterprise installed. I cannot find just a plain Windows 10 Enterprise Open Licenses for Windows-to-Go other than the Windows 8.1
    Enterprise Open License.

Thanks for Your Help

WW

WWH2000, Nov 9, 2016
  3. How do i reserve Win 10?

Windows 8.1 Enterprise and Windows 7 Enterprise do not qualify for the free upgrade offer.

Can Enterprise customers get the free Windows 10 upgrade?

Enterprise customers with active Software Assurance subscription in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

Andre Da Costa, Nov 9, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise

Hi there

You need to access C not C$. The '$' suffix is a system use one. Ensure on the VM the actual C (and any others) drive is shared as well so you can get access.

You'll probably need initially to logon locally to set the permissions although it possibly can be done with some type of remote script (outside my area of expertise though)

Here I'm on a Linux machine wanting to access Windows - C drive access OK (need user / password) but C$ access denied.

Windows 10 Enterprise [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 9, 2016
  5. voxron Win User
    Hi,
    Thanks!
    I will check it. But, disk C is not shared, and I use suffix $ in order to look the context.

voxron, Nov 9, 2016
  6. voxron Win User
    I've checked it. Still not working. *Sad
    Windows 10 Enterprise [​IMG]

voxron, Nov 9, 2016
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    Shares with the $ suffix are administrative shares. To access them you must use an elevated admin account on the computer in question. This is not changeable.

LMiller7, Nov 9, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise

Hi there

Agreed --

That's why I suggested using the Unsuffixed ones -- that way ordinary users can access the shares.
    Remember also on a VM a user can have access or an account even though they don't have one on the Host system - this is a good way of running a multi-user SERVER as a VM even on a Host single user Windows 10 computer --I'm testing a NAS as a VM -- running Linux --works fine !!!.

Note you must enable the relevant HDD's as SHARED and you can set password / only users having an account on the machine can access the shares. You might need to access also as \\server\user\C or \\IPaddr\user\server. For LOCAL (i.e on the same LAN) usually just USER is enough to access and you should get prompt for password.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise

1. Windows 10 Enterprise - Similar Threads - Enterprise

2. A3 prints with WF7515 and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A3 prints with WF7515 and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit doesn't work: I have trouble with my EPSON WF 7515 to print A3 with Driver from EPSON Website and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit. Checked several bugfixes from the forum but the printer menue allows only an A4 selection when I select a document size of A3 the printsize gives not drop daown...
  3. A3 prints with WF7515 and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A3 prints with WF7515 and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit doesn't work: I have trouble with my EPSON WF 7515 to print A3 with Driver from EPSON Website and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit. Checked several bugfixes from the forum but the printer menue allows only an A4 selection when I select a document size of A3 the printsize gives not drop daown...
  4. A3 prints with WF7515 and Windows 10 enterprise 64bit doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY: WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprise-product-key-lifetime/51ff64f0-474c-4e38-9fde-2cacd241c141
  6. Windows 11 enterprises license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 enterprises license: WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprises-license/ad34312b-b920-4d5c-9a05-5e51b4323fc0
  7. WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY

WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY: WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprise-product-key-lifetime/51ff64f0-474c-4e38-9fde-2cacd241c141
  8. Windows 11 enterprises license

Windows 11 enterprises license: WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprises-license/ad34312b-b920-4d5c-9a05-5e51b4323fc0
  9. Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically: Hello Team,Currently, we're utilizing AVD machines where Office 365 apps are exclusively installed. We've enforced a policy restricting users from installing apps on their local systems. However, with the recent Windows 11 update, Office 365 apps for enterprise are being...
  10. Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically

Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically: Hello Team,Currently, we're utilizing AVD machines where Office 365 apps are exclusively installed. We've enforced a policy restricting users from installing apps on their local systems. However, with the recent Windows 11 update, Office 365 apps for enterprise are being...