Windows 10: Windows 10 entire systems backup/restore applications for my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 entire systems backup/restore applications for my laptop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a Laptop with a 500gb SSD. The SSD went totally bad, lost everything. So I had a repair shop put in a 1tb and restore Windows 10 for me. But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jagman, May 3, 2019.

1. jagman Win User

Windows 10 entire systems backup/restore applications for my laptop

I have a Laptop with a 500gb SSD. The SSD went totally bad, lost everything.
    So I had a repair shop put in a 1tb and restore Windows 10 for me. But I am one of the original owners of the first IBM PC's so I know my way around a PC and going to do my own backup/restores if needed.

I decided to buy a 1tb SSD USB3 external portable and do the backup of the entire disk weekly.
    I am ready to try but need good advice on an external OS/entire disk BACKUP/RESTORE program that will:
    make an image, etc and restore back easily if needed.

Can someone suggest 1 or2 GOOD applications to buy?

:)

jagman, May 3, 2019

2. Backup and restore for Windows 10

Why don't you answer his question? He wants to know what is the Windows 10 equivalent for Backup and Restore in Windows 7. If it is "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)", say so. If it is "File History", say so. In step 2, say what the result of doing the step
    is.

If it is "File History", it appears to be a useless replacement. It offers to delete the existing backup from the old laptop when it is first run! Whoa! It also requires the external backup disk to be plugged in whenever you are using your laptop so files
    can be copied to it as you are creating or modifying them, so convenient on the train unless you have an extremely long USB cable from home or a pedal generator for the hard disk.

We bought an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 on it for my wife's use and cannot get Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to restore her files from her old Windows 7 laptop.

Hedley Finger, May 3, 2019
  3. penciline Win User
    Backup and Restore entire phone with Programs

Is there a utility that will enable me to backup an entire Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional Phone (The HP IPAQ Glisten) and restore it after a factory reset? I have Windows Vista 64-bit on my desktop with Windows Mobile Device Center as the Active Sync agent.

Sincerely,

penciline, May 3, 2019
  4. PVWebb Win User

full backup of Windows 10 to restore entire image

It looks like the system image can copy the entire drive and the main difference from a clone is the system backup can only restore the entire backup, not a single file.

PVWebb, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 entire systems backup/restore applications for my laptop - Similar Threads - entire systems backup

2. How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup: My notebook in onedrive has suddently become empty, and therefore I can't sync to it anymore. Luckily I have a backup.This backup however is in a folder format, where the Notebook is a folder, the section groups are folders and then the sections are .one files. How do I...
  3. How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore entire OneNote notebook from backup: My notebook in onedrive has suddently become empty, and therefore I can't sync to it anymore. Luckily I have a backup.This backup however is in a folder format, where the Notebook is a folder, the section groups are folders and then the sections are .one files. How do I...
  4. Restore complete system image backup on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore complete system image backup on laptop: When I try to recover my data from a system image backup I made from an external hard drive in Windows Recovery, it says I need to create a disk. However, the issue is that I am doing this on a laptop that doesn't have a CD/DVD-ROM drive. Aside from purchasing a portable one,...
  5. Restore complete system image backup on laptop

Restore complete system image backup on laptop: When I try to recover my data from a system image backup I made from an external hard drive in Windows Recovery, it says I need to create a disk. However, the issue is that I am doing this on a laptop that doesn't have a CD/DVD-ROM drive. Aside from purchasing a portable one,...
  6. Restoring a system imaging backup from a windows 10 laptop to a new windows 10 laptop using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring a system imaging backup from a windows 10 laptop to a new windows 10 laptop using...: I have been trying to restore a backup using the system imaging on my old laptop and want to restore it on my laptop, I can't see where to go to do this. Please help...
  7. Restoring a system imaging backup from a windows 10 laptop to a new windows 10 laptop using...

Restoring a system imaging backup from a windows 10 laptop to a new windows 10 laptop using...: I have been trying to restore a backup using the system imaging on my old laptop and want to restore it on my laptop, I can't see where to go to do this. Please help...
  8. Restoring a system imaging backup from a windows 10 laptop to a new windows 10 laptop using...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Restore Windows 10 backup from another system

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Windows 10 backup from another system: Hello, We just had a drive fail on a system and want to restore previously backed up files from our NAS. However, after installing Windows on the new drive, the system has a new name, so the NAS backups do not show. How can we get around this issue? Thanks! 173951
  10. Backup/Restore Procedures; Full[entire]Drive Imaging

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup/Restore Procedures; Full[entire]Drive Imaging: Backup/Restore Procedures (as done by ) Have been paying closer attention to my external USB HDs, I am much more aware that rather than ATI (Acronis) or Macrium failure -- it has been several times an explorer.exe not communing with respective external HD failure. It...