Windows 10: Windows 10 Error 0x80070005 and Troubleshooter keeps reporting the same problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Error 0x80070005 and Troubleshooter keeps reporting the same problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've followed all the advice I could find on the forums, but this issue persists while trying to update to version 1803. I've tried "updating" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeEllsworth, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Error 0x80070005 and Troubleshooter keeps reporting the same problems

I've followed all the advice I could find on the forums, but this issue persists while trying to update to version 1803. I've tried "updating" in place, but when I use the recovery disk, it does not give the option to update. I do the Troubleshooter, it reports database corruption and security settings being wrong and so on. It says it fixed them. I run the update and it doesn't work. I do the Troubleshooter and it reports the same errors. See the printout below (not present issues removed).

How do I talk to a Microsoft support person about this?

Thanks.

ME

Some security settings are missing or have been changed Fixed
    Reset security settings Completed
    Service registration is missing or corrupt Fixed
    Reset service registration Completed
    Potential Windows Update Database error detected Fixed
    Repair Windows Update Database Corruption Completed
    Windows Update components must be repaired Fixed
    Repair Windows Update components Completed
    Issues found
    < Some security settings are missing or have been changed Fixed
    < Service registration is missing or corrupt Fixed

Issues found
    Some security settings are missing or have been changed Fixed
    Service registration is missing or corrupt Fixed
    Windows Update components must be repaired Fixed
    Issues found
    < Some security settings are missing or have been changed Fixed
    < Service registration is missing or corrupt Fixed

Possible issues may prevent Windows Update from keeping your system up to date.

One troubleshooting step to resolve WU issues is to delete and re-download updates to your computer. would you like to try this step now? Depending on your network configuration, you may incur download costs.

Windows 10 Error 0x80070005 and Troubleshooter keeps reporting the same problems [​IMG]DataStoreAndWULogFiles.zip

191.57MB File Name: DataStoreAndWULogFiles.zip

Windows Update components must be repaired Fixed One or more Windows Update components are configured incorrectly.

Repairing Windows Update components frequently resolves common Windows Update errors.

:)

MikeEllsworth, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Error code 0x80070005

Hello Sandra,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • What exactly are you trying to perform prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that Error 0x80070005 is a Windows Update error.

If you are facing this issue while installing the Windows Updates, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Support article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 23, 2018
  4. missgiri Win User

Windows 10 Error 0x80070005 and Troubleshooter keeps reporting the same problems

Error code: 0x80070005 - 0xA001A

Trying to download windows 10 to a media device (USB) for installation on another PC and keep getting this error. Am wondering if I should be following the steps suggested for error code: 0x80070005-0xA0019 ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

missgiri, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Error 0x80070005 and Troubleshooter keeps reporting the same problems

1. Windows 10 Error 0x80070005 and Troubleshooter keeps reporting the same problems - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070005 Troubleshooter

2. fix problem error 0x80070005 in setting ms store and troubleshooter it headcahe me

in Windows 10 Customization
    fix problem error 0x80070005 in setting ms store and troubleshooter it headcahe me: 2 day ago i restore my system bcz my blutooth driver lost automaticaly then i install driver from manufacturer website for laptop hp probook 430 g1 that was blutooth intel driver and another driver qualcomm drivers now my laptop get new type of interface and and lost...
  3. fix problem error 0x80070005 in setting ms store and troubleshooter it headcahe me

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    fix problem error 0x80070005 in setting ms store and troubleshooter it headcahe me: first sorry tHAT my english in not perfect. 2 day ago i restore my system bcz my blutooth driver lost automaticaly then i install driver from manufacturer website for laptop hp probook 430 g1 that was blutooth intel driver and another driver qualcomm drivers now my...
  4. Windows 10 update error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update error 0x80070005: Hi All, I am trying to download Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit operating system, x64 based processer and 4 GB RAM HP Laptop However for last few weeks I am getting below error every time I try to download and install updates "There were problems downloading...
  5. Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Problem: Windows Update Troubleshooter finds a problem. I use it's advanced option. It says 'check for Windows update issues" and displays a yellow triangle resting on the bottom. When I press view detailed information, it says "issues found," "check for Windows Update issues"...
  6. Windows 10 Problem/error reporter

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Problem/error reporter: Hello, recently ive seen windows problem reporter pop up in my process list, using some of my CPU. I disabled it in registery and also in control panel, but the issue still persists. I noticed this issues started happening a few days after I enabled XMP in my mbo settings,...
  7. windows 10 won't update, reports driver error, troubleshooter doesn't fix problem

windows 10 won't update, reports driver error, troubleshooter doesn't fix problem: I've been consistently getting this message since October and windows 10 won't update: A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install I've reviewed this conversation, and it's no help:...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Keep Failing, Error 0x80070005

Windows 10 Updates Keep Failing, Error 0x80070005: I've spent the last three evenings trying to update my windows 10 after I discovered that for months my Windows updates had been failing. I tried a lot of solutions on the internet but none seem to be working. My update installs fail at 8% via the Window Update in the...
  9. Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter error 0x80070005

Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter error 0x80070005: Title says it all. I can't run the compatibility troubleshooter; I just get the error message. Details: PackageID: PCWDiagnostic Path: Unknown Source: Command Line What gives, Windows??...
  10. The troubleshooting wizard can not continue. Error code 0x80070005.

The troubleshooting wizard can not continue. Error code 0x80070005.: I've been at this situation for a while and I'm losing patience. When right clicking on any program located on my desktop (.ink shortcuts) or in File Explorer, and running the compatibility troubleshooter, this comes up. [ATTACH] Running the troubleshooting wizard...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a problem is preventing the troubleshooter 0x80070005

2. error preventing troubleshooter from starting 0x80070005

3. a problem is preventing the troubleshooter

4. datastoreandwulogfiles,
  5. cnt start windows troubleshooter 0x80070005,
  6. error code 0x80070005 preventing the troubleshooter in windows 10 from running,
  7. windows troubleshooter for windows 10 error code 0x80070005,
  8. A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting 0x80070005