Windows 10: Windows 10 ERROR : 0xc0000185 PC could not turn off properly. PC NOT BOOTING.

Discus and support Windows 10 ERROR : 0xc0000185 PC could not turn off properly. PC NOT BOOTING. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Specs of my PC: Asus B350 plus Ryzen 5 1600 Corsair Vengeance 8GB Adata 128 GB SSD (for OS) WD Blue 1TB My pc is not booting and i tried all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by govindtuli, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 ERROR : 0xc0000185 PC could not turn off properly. PC NOT BOOTING.

Specs of my PC:

Asus B350 plus

Ryzen 5 1600

Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Adata 128 GB SSD (for OS)

WD Blue 1TB

My pc is not booting and i tried all recovery methods none seemed to work. I havent yet formatted my drive. I have my activation key and tried to reinstall windows but it told me to take out installation media and restart. Also, I have no restoring point of my computer saved either. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Methods tried for error 0xc0000185 Pc could noit turn off properly: (none worked)

1 Start up repair

2 Command Prompt from installation media :

BOOTREC/FIXMBR

BOOTREC/FIXBOOT

BOOTREC/REBUILDBCD

3 Memory diagnostic

PLEASE HELP

:)

govindtuli, Sep 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 ERROR : 0xc0000185 PC could not turn off properly. PC NOT BOOTING.

Specs of my PC:

Asus B350 plus

Ryzen 5 1600

Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Adata 128 GB SSD (for OS)

WD Blue 1TB

My pc is not booting and i tried all recovery methods none seemed to work. I havent yet formatted my drive. I have my activation key and tried to reinstall windows but it told me to take out installation media and restart. Also, I have no restoring point
    of my computer saved either. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Methods tried for error 0xc0000185 Pc could noit turn off properly: (none worked)

1 Start up repair

2 Command Prompt from installation media :

BOOTREC/FIXMBR

BOOTREC/FIXBOOT

BOOTREC/REBUILDBCD

3 Memory diagnostic

PLEASE HELP

govindtuli, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Windows defender offline error: EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD - 0xc0000185

Hi Dave,

Could you provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD
    Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Ellie_047 Win User

Windows 10 ERROR : 0xc0000185 PC could not turn off properly. PC NOT BOOTING.

Error Code 0xc0000185; the Boot Configuration a Data was missing/contained errors Need help!

Original title: Error Code 0xc0000185; Need help!

My laptop was perfectly fine the night before- was running good, like usual, booted properly, all that good stuff.

When I woke up and turned my pc on the next morning, however, it didn't boot and showed the error code 0xc0000185, telling me that it the Boot Configuration a Data was missing/contained errors.

You see, my laptop's around two years old now, so it's a bit rustier than it used to be. So, I waited a day just to see if it was just a thing, a small error my pc could sort out or if it was just a glitch.

But it wasn't, and my laptop is still in the error. I don't know what happened to it, is there any way to manuallly fix it? Please help!

Ellie_047, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 ERROR : 0xc0000185 PC could not turn off properly. PC NOT BOOTING.

1. Windows 10 ERROR : 0xc0000185 PC could not turn off properly. PC NOT BOOTING. - Similar Threads - ERROR 0xc0000185 turn

2. PC turns off after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off after boot: I built a gaming pc about 2 years ago and it’s worked great. In the last week or so, I’ve had this issue where it shuts down on its own. Not through windows but it completely powers off, instantly. When I turn it back on, it usually acts as if nothing happens but sometimes I...
  3. PC turns off after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off after boot: I built a gaming pc about 2 years ago and it’s worked great. In the last week or so, I’ve had this issue where it shuts down on its own. Not through windows but it completely powers off, instantly. When I turn it back on, it usually acts as if nothing happens but sometimes I...
  4. PC turns off after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. pc not booting properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc not booting properly: Twice in the past week, when turning on my laptop from overnight I get a screen that gives me two options, restart my computer or somehing about other options and it say to consult somone if necessary. It's a very bright blue screen nothing to do with the BSOD.This seems to...
  6. pc not booting properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc not booting properly: Twice in the past week, when turning on my laptop from overnight I get a screen that gives me two options, restart my computer or somehing about other options and it say to consult somone if necessary. It's a very bright blue screen nothing to do with the BSOD.This seems to...
  7. PC not booting properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not booting properly: After getting the blue screen of death cause of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, my pc is on but my monitor and other peripherals are off. I tried reconnecting the monitor but nothing happen. I restarted my pc a few times but it didn't change the situation. How can I fix this?...
  8. PC not booting properly

PC not booting properly: After getting the blue screen of death cause of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, my pc is on but my monitor and other peripherals are off. I tried reconnecting the monitor but nothing happen. I restarted my pc a few times but it didn't change the situation. How can I fix this?...
  9. PC is not booting properly

PC is not booting properly: Hello,I have a problem with my PC.When I try to boot it normally it freezes on the screen with manufactures name.After that when I shut it down and restart or press the restart button, it boots again but normally this time.I didn't change anything before this issues...
  10. PC Won't boot; Error code: 0xc0000185

PC Won't boot; Error code: 0xc0000185: Error code: 0xc0000185 My Windows PC won't boot after restarting for an update. I don't have a physical backup or recovery disk, every time I turn on my computer I get a BSoD saying it's unable to boot after preparing for an automatic repair Pressing F8 to go into...
Tags: