Windows 10: Windows 10 error after failed BIOS update. ONLY working option is to access UEFI, both SSDs...

Discus and support Windows 10 error after failed BIOS update. ONLY working option is to access UEFI, both SSDs... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EsAndreaSeis [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EsAndreaSeis, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 error after failed BIOS update. ONLY working option is to access UEFI, both SSDs...

/u/EsAndreaSeis, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Alexodd Win User

Windows fails to detect UEFI BIOS, assumes Legacy instead

Hi,

Due to some string of events, my computer has quick boot enabled in BIOS. I need to load UEFI to change some things, and am unable to because this setting is enabled. I assumed there was a way to reboot into UEFI from inside Windows 10, so I looked up how
    and found the answer: There is an option in the "Advanced startup" menus to do this. Unfortunately, this option seems to be hidden if Windows 10 erroneously detects that you are using legacy BIOS instead of UEFI. This appears to be the case in my current install
    (in MSINFO the BIOS Mode is set to Legacy).

My questions are:

• How do I change BIOS Mode to UEFI in my current install?
    • How do I make sure this remains the case in future OS resets/reformats?
    • Similarly, when building other computers in the future, how do I make sure Windows 10 does not make this same error?

My questions are not:

• How do I access my BIOS despite Windows 10 misidentifying my BIOS Mode?

Thank you for your time,

Alex

Alexodd, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 error after failed BIOS update. ONLY working option is to access UEFI, both SSDs...

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 error after failed BIOS update. ONLY working option is to access UEFI, both SSDs...

1. Windows 10 error after failed BIOS update. ONLY working option is to access UEFI, both SSDs... - Similar Threads - error failed BIOS

2. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  3. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  4. Clean Install of Windows 10 After UEFI bios Update?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clean Install of Windows 10 After UEFI bios Update?: Been Experiencing Slow File Transfers with USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports, Contacted Gigabyte esupport, there response was if after updating F5D Uefi bios a clean install wasn't done, We suggest you do that, and update all the drivers, and supposely might make USB file transfers work...
  5. After windows update only access to UEFI and CMD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows update only access to UEFI and CMD: After updating the Windows-System I can only access to the UEFI after startup. They only acction I can do is to open CMD. Does anyone has an Idea how to solve this problem?...
  6. Touchpad only works in UEFI/BIOS, Windows 10 install fails with BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad only works in UEFI/BIOS, Windows 10 install fails with BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog": laptop is new HP 14 laptop with Ryzen 3. I was able to install windows 8.1, but unable to upgrade to 10. cant install 10 from any installation media, it wont boot, and BSODs with the same BSOD stop code. I used several different drives and tried redoing them with new ISO...
  7. Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment: This Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E335 was originally supplied as a BIOS/MBR system with the ability to reconfigure as UEFI. Mainly out of curiosity I recently tried that and it worked fine, but having satisfied my curiosity I decided to revert to MBR. The process required a few BIOS...
  8. Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10: I am currently trying to install a new BIOS update for my HP Laptop. I have confirmed that there a new update available, but I'm concerned on how exactly to go through with it. I know I have to disable both my Anti-Virus software and Bitlocker Encryption, and I wanted make...
  9. Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update: Just came home to see my box finishing a new Windows 10 update and restart. Restart ended in a “Blue Screen”, then reboot that went straight to the BIOS. BIOS shows everything as normal as far as I can tell. The OS SSD is also listed as boot device 1 but every restart leads...
  10. Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10: I got this computer used and want to install Windows 7 to it. So I followed whatever instruction I found on the web, got into advanced restart setting on W10, somehow found UEFI firmware settings. Restarted, got into UEFI, changed boot order to USB everything and THEN HDD....