Windows 10: Windows 10 Error After Latest Update - System Restore Failed

Discus and support Windows 10 Error After Latest Update - System Restore Failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, After the latest Windows 10 Update (between 6 and 8 April 2019), my laptop cannot boot into Windows 10. It just keeps going round in a loop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YanAndrew, Apr 9, 2019.

1. YanAndrew Win User

Windows 10 Error After Latest Update - System Restore Failed

Hi Guys,

After the latest Windows 10 Update (between 6 and 8 April 2019), my laptop cannot boot into Windows 10. It just keeps going round in a loop and I just could not get to the login screen. I tried System Restore (I only have two restore points: 6 April Automatic Restore Point or 30 March Critical Update) but both restore points failed with the following error:

failed to extract the file E:\Windows\System32\drivers\wd\WdBoot.sys from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80071160)

I found online a suggested solution to rename the WindowsApps folder to WindowsAppsOld using Option 2 in this link and tried system restore again but then I come to another error: 0x80070003.

I really do not wish to reinstall Windows 10 all over again. Is there any way I can recover the OS and boot into Windows again?

Any advice please? And why does this keep happening with the last couple of major update? I've had to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch after every major or critical update because after the updates, I just could not boot into Windows.

Regards,

Andrew

:)

YanAndrew, Apr 9, 2019

2. System Restore fail on Windows 10 Error 0x80070091

I have tried both steps in the past, both fail.

I have tried again your second suggestion: OfficeHub.cmd and fail again.

thank you for try!

YigaalEgozi, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Zekeman Win User

System Restore Fails Error 0x80070005

So I try to restore any point and get an error:

Windows 10 Error After Latest Update - System Restore Failed [​IMG]

I have turned off Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.

I also did a sfc /scannow with no integrity violations.

Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit... Any suggestions?

Zekeman, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Error After Latest Update - System Restore Failed - Similar Threads - Error Latest Update

2. System Restore Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Failed: In the morning i performed a windowsblootware command it created a system restore after that i wanted to go in the previous state i tried alot but it shows system restore didn't complete successfully and any of system restore isnt working i dont want to reboot the pc as it...
  3. System Restore Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore Failed: In the morning i performed a windowsblootware command it created a system restore after that i wanted to go in the previous state i tried alot but it shows system restore didn't complete successfully and any of system restore isnt working i dont want to reboot the pc as it...
  4. The restore system fails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The restore system fails.: When I try to restore my system to a preview, the system starts the restore process, when I login again to finish the restore process, I get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-system-fails/dd5edb02-bdfc-480c-b89d-dd5d81495d1e
  5. The restore system fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The restore system fails.: When I try to restore my system to a preview, the system starts the restore process, when I login again to finish the restore process, I get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-system-fails/dd5edb02-bdfc-480c-b89d-dd5d81495d1e
  6. System restore failed due to an update residue in windows 10

System restore failed due to an update residue in windows 10: Hello guys , I have a problem that login user and password box isn't showing up. So, I thought that a system restore would help. But then another problem poped-up. Please help me...
  7. System Restore after update

System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  8. System restore failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore failing: Im running the latest version of Windows 10 and whenever I try to do a system restore I get this error: “System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and Settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed to extract the original copy of...
  9. System Restore failed - with error codes

System Restore failed - with error codes: Dell 15-3552, Windows 10 Home v1903, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. I accidentally deleted some programs. Although I use Marcium on a external drive once a month, now learnt my mistake to do it more often. I used System Restore to restore to the last created point 2...
  10. can't restore system after latest windows 10 update

can't restore system after latest windows 10 update: I had a Windows 10 update a day or so ago and now I can't start Windows. Can't restore to previous version, system can't trouble shoot, etc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore windows after failed update

2. windows update failed restore

3. system restore failed to extract the file wdboot.sys

4. system restore filed to extract the file windows\system32\drivers\wd\wdboot.sys,
  5. system restore fail to extract wd wdboot.sys