Windows 10: Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files)

Discus and support Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, may I ask for help to resolve this issue please, as I am unable to open any Office 365 or Adobe PDF files on my laptop, currently as seen in image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ryan77, May 3, 2019.

1. Ryan77 Win User

Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files)

Hi, may I ask for help to resolve this issue please, as I am unable to open any Office 365 or Adobe PDF files on my laptop, currently as seen in image attachment windows-error-ss-1.

Two days ago, I attempted to fix my touchpad which was not working and the fix worked. During this restart it began a Disk C repair for which I received no notification so this came as a surprise. Once completed, Avast Premium opened up and said the Disk had been repaired successfully.

Next, I had uninstalled Avast Premium as the free trial had just expired. Now, when I attempt to open any docx, ppt, csv, or pdf it states the following error:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Users/ryana\Desktop\FILE NAME.docx'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Possible solutions so far:

1. Looked into taking ownership the files but there was no issue (owned by myself not System)
    2. Performed clean boot
    3. Ran Malware Bytes, CCleaner, RogueKiller, Advanced SystemCare to find the issue:
    - CCleaner displayed the following message:
    The Application referenced at: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_463164d40c3d26ce\igfxEM.exe could not be located. These references are often left behind after uninstalling software.

- RogueKiller found some issues as seen in image attachment windows-error-ss-2

4. Run the System File Checker tools (no issues found)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.17763.1
    Image Version: 10.0.17763.437
    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Any ideas? I appreciate your time and help with this.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files) [​IMG]

:)

Ryan77, May 3, 2019
  2. esmorax Win User

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

-

esmorax, May 3, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

OK, the files are not corrupt.

I've had same kind of issue a few times, luckily not too often, and the only thing I have found to fix it has been to clear the list of recent files (right click and select Clear unpinned Documents):

When done, open the documents browsing to them (Open Other Documents ) and let the list be repopulated:

Kari, May 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files)

Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files)

1. Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files) - Similar Threads - error cannot open

2. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  3. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  4. Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf: Hi,I use Office 365, company license. I can open the file but I cannot either download a file to my computer it just crash.I also cannot print to pdf. I always said "You'll need a new App to open this blob link".And when I search for the possible app. I installed many of them...
  5. Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf: Hi,I use Office 365, company license. I can open the file but I cannot either download a file to my computer it just crash.I also cannot print to pdf. I always said "You'll need a new App to open this blob link".And when I search for the possible app. I installed many of them...
  6. Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files) - Windows cannot find...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 error (cannot open Office 365 files or Adobe pdf files) - Windows cannot find...: Hi, may I ask for help to resolve this issue please, as I am unable to open any Office 365 or Adobe PDF files on my laptop, currently as seen in image attachment windows-error-ss-1. Two days ago, I attempted to fix my touchpad which was not working and the fix worked....
  8. I cannot open PDF files

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot open PDF files: I’ve bought a new Surface Pro laptop but cannot open PDF files. I have Adope Reader installed but it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-pdf-files/53a22b31-6191-4ebe-b8ef-2649b2093e4d
  9. Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list: Dear Tenforums users, Since a few weeks I found myself unable to open any documents (Word, Powerpoint) from the 'Recent files list' in my office applications. Everytime I try to open it, I get the message: "The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved,...
  10. Cannot Open PDF Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Open PDF Files: I am unable to open PDF files that are sent to be via e.mail. This is frustrating as they are important documents that I need. Can anyone help me please. Thank you in advance. 65794

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open adobe files from outlook 365