Windows 10: Windows 10 Error - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support Windows 10 Error - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been getting this error for the past few months. A bluescreen error appears with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. This is a fairly new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Smetho, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Smetho Win User

Windows 10 Error - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

I've been getting this error for the past few months. A bluescreen error appears with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. This is a fairly new system, so I do not suspect a hardware error. I suspect it is the driver for my modem that is causing the issue. How can I confirm that it is a driver issue?

:)

Smetho, Oct 19, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Oct 19, 2019
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the computer (Hardware/ Software) prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the computer to Advanced recovery options?
    • When exactly you get this issue and how often?

This error may occur due to the iastor.sys driver, which is not fully compatible with Windows 10.

OR

This issue occurs when one or more drivers' DPC routines exceed the DPC Watchdog's time-out period.

I suggest you to refer to the below post, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by Anannya Podder
    on October 5, 2015 and check if it resolves the issue.

Blue screen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Error - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Error - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. Windows 10 Error - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - Error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. BSOD and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error in Windows 11: Hi,For the past week or so I am continually getting the BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error after only a few minutes of use of my laptop.I have tried a repair Windows update, the sfc /scannow command and chkdsk, and it still keeps on happening. I will try a full factory reset...
  3. BSOD and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error in Windows 11: Hi,For the past week or so I am continually getting the BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error after only a few minutes of use of my laptop.I have tried a repair Windows update, the sfc /scannow command and chkdsk, and it still keeps on happening. I will try a full factory reset...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - Windows 11: Hi,Ive been getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error for the past week or so, on and off. Mostly appears when im playing games, ie. Enshrouded but has also occurred occasionally outside of gameplay as well. I recently installed a new graphics card, I was able to play normally...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - Windows 11

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - Windows 11: Hi,Ive been getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error for the past week or so, on and off. Mostly appears when im playing games, ie. Enshrouded but has also occurred occasionally outside of gameplay as well. I recently installed a new graphics card, I was able to play normally...
  6. Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.: Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.I keep bluescreening with the same error above. I notice it happens when I am playing Roblox but I'm not sure 100%Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d3K1ui6bVoh9dCEvGz1jQi9nMosJOJGH/view?usp=drive_link...
  7. Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.

Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.: Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.I keep bluescreening with the same error above. I notice it happens when I am playing Roblox but I'm not sure 100%Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d3K1ui6bVoh9dCEvGz1jQi9nMosJOJGH/view?usp=drive_link...
  8. Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when gaming on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when gaming on new PC: My PC restarted when gaming and produced a dump file. Opening it with WinDbg, returns the debug info I've pasted below, signalling a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 errorMy PC is a new build with the following hardware:CPU: AMD 7800x3dGPU: MSI nvidia rtx 4080Memory: TeamGroup...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when gaming on new PC

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when gaming on new PC: My PC restarted when gaming and produced a dump file. Opening it with WinDbg, returns the debug info I've pasted below, signalling a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 errorMy PC is a new build with the following hardware:CPU: AMD 7800x3dGPU: MSI nvidia rtx 4080Memory: TeamGroup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION windows 10 smetho microsoft forums