Windows 10: Windows 10 error help - 0xc000000f - PC/Device needs to be repaired

Discus and support Windows 10 error help - 0xc000000f - PC/Device needs to be repaired in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When starting up my PC this morning I am getting the below error: 0xc000000f - PC/Device needs to be repaired I am unable to start my machine now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by andrnkls, Apr 4, 2020.

1. andrnkls Win User

Windows 10 error help - 0xc000000f - PC/Device needs to be repaired

When starting up my PC this morning I am getting the below error:

0xc000000f - PC/Device needs to be repaired

I am unable to start my machine now and get to my desktop.

• I tried running a repair but had no luck.
    • I also downloaded the windows 10 media tool and put it on a USB flash drive.
      • When I had the UEFI boot from the flash drive, I also ran the repair option but the error is still occurring on startup.
      • Lastly, I tried going through the command prompt.
        • I ran CHKDSK but no issues were found. I restarted after this but the error still remains.
        • I ran diskpart next
          • bootrec /fixmbr is successful
          • bootrec /fixboot says access denied
            • I did:
            • list disk
            • list volume
            • Windows 10 error help - 0xc000000f - PC/Device needs to be repaired f3d28a4e-450c-48a7-a1ea-b1537fa248b8?upload=true.jpg
            • select volume 4; I assume this is the right one?
              • How do I know which is the EFI partition?
            • assign letter=N
            • exit
            • N:
            • format N: /FS:FAT32
              • It says WARNING , ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE N: WILL BE LOST! Proceed with format Y/N?
                • What is my risk here?
                • What data will I lose?
                • Windows 10 error help - 0xc000000f - PC/Device needs to be repaired 43a6a662-86bd-4ade-a9ef-02806ee0e7a4?upload=true.jpg

Are there any other options for fixing this error?

:)

andrnkls, Apr 4, 2020

2. Error Code 0xc000000f pc/device needs to be repaired

Does the "Error Code 0xc000000f pc/device needs to be repaired" issue persist or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 4, 2020
  3. How to repair windows10 File: \Boot\BCD with error code 0xc000000f

Hi Eslam,

To troubleshoot error code 0xc000000f, we recommend that you follow the steps from this article:
    Recovery options in Windows 10 and refer to the section "Use installation media to restore your PC".
    We suggest that you use USB drive to perform repair on your Windows 10 PC if the installation disk is not available.

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 4, 2020
  4. H.Modh Win User

Need help to resolve Windows 10 Error Code: 0xc0000098 (your PC/Device needs to repaired)

I recently moved to windows 10 from windows 7.
    Once I restarted my PC, it was stuck to Operating System Not Found.

Then I used bootable USB to repair a laptop.

On the first go, I tried below steps.

1. Enabled External Boot Device in boot setting menu
    2. Completed language setting
    3. Clicked on Repair your computer which is just below Install Now option
    4. Opted for Troubleshoot option
    5. Went to Advanced options
    6. Clicked on Startup Repair

After all the above steps, it just stuck to a blue page mentioning Error Code: 0xc0000098

Now every time I try to repair a laptop using a bootable USB, it always stuck to this blue page. I have posted a video having this problem .

H.Modh, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 error help - 0xc000000f - PC/Device needs to be repaired - Similar Threads - error help 0xc000000f

2. How do I fix this pc/ device needs to be repaired error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix this pc/ device needs to be repaired error code 0xc000000f: Please help I, started off trying to clear space and look what I did https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-pc-device-needs-to-be-repaired/814942c4-5252-4104-b13b-818964bcb2a6
  3. Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error Code: 0xc000000f: Hello, I have problem booting into my Windows 10 see below screenshot.Unfortunately, I don't have any installation media or the product key to create one digital license. Any suggestions?...
  4. Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error Code: 0xc000000f: Hello, I have problem booting into my Windows 10 see below screenshot.Unfortunately, I don't have any installation media or the product key to create one digital license. Any suggestions?...
  5. Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f: Hello! I used the code format f: /fs:NTFS /p:1 to format my Drive F on my Fujitsu Windows 10 Laptop.I do this since no option in the Automatic Repair Tool is working including the Reset the PC. After I input the code above, I received a blue screen error code 0xc000000f.Then,...
  7. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f: Hello! I used the code format f: /fs:NTFS /p:1 to format my Drive F on my Fujitsu Windows 10 Laptop.I do this since no option in the Automatic Repair Tool is working including the Reset the PC. After I input the code above, I received a blue screen error code 0xc000000f.Then,...
  8. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error code: 0xc000000f

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error code: 0xc000000f: I tried to reinstall windows 10 then during that i saw repair your computer on the lower left corner. I clicked on it and then i got me to repair and then the following screen comes up.[IMG]...
  10. Your PC/Laptop needs to be repaired 0xc000000f - cannot repair windows

Your PC/Laptop needs to be repaired 0xc000000f - cannot repair windows: Hello! I have an Asus ROG GL552VX laptop. My problem is that after some kind of update, I think I forced shut down my laptop and then, when it booted up, a blue screen appeared saying that "Your PC/Laptop needs to be repaired 0xc000000f". [ATTACH] I read some topics on the...
Tags: