Windows 10: Windows 10 - Error message - Administrator rights on Dropbox

Discus and support Windows 10 - Error message - Administrator rights on Dropbox in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, My new computer has Windows 10. And since then, I can't modify certains files in my Dropbox. I can modify excel/word/ppt files, but I can't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mathilde_P, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Error message - Administrator rights on Dropbox

Hello,

My new computer has Windows 10. And since then, I can't modify certains files in my Dropbox. I can modify excel/word/ppt files, but I can't modify tex or R files which I used to modify with Windows 7. I have an error message stating that I don't have the writing rights and that I should contact the administrator of my computer, which is me (I checked on my account details). I also checked the proprieties of the Dropbox folder and I have all the rights.

Could you help me with this problem? Thank you!

:)

Mathilde_P, Jun 2, 2019

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Error message - Administrator rights on Dropbox

Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Error message - Administrator rights on Dropbox

1. Windows 10 - Error message - Administrator rights on Dropbox - Similar Threads - Error message Administrator

2. Administrator rights changed on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator rights changed on windows 10: Dear All,I had administrator rights in W10 64 but in my PC and today I realized that it changed and I am not able to install anything. I only use this PC, no one else. I have legal license for w10 and up to date. W10 installed on oct 2019, run well since then.Is it possible...
  3. Dropbox files giving warning message

in Windows 10 Support
    Dropbox files giving warning message: A new frustration, started recently. When I move or copy any Dropbox file, of any type, to another folder - even another Dropbox folder - I now get the daft message shown below. These are local files, made by me, owned by me. Only happens when the start folder is in Dropbox....
  4. Dropbox Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dropbox Error: When I start up my computer this comes up: "Dropbox OEM exe The exception unknown software exception Oxe0434352. Could you provide "easy" way of correcting this without going through too many hoops. Thanks...
  5. No Administrator Rights On The PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Administrator Rights On The PC Windows 10: I was forced to Restore my desktop HP running Win 10 earlier today. When the restoration was complete, I found I'd lost my Administrator Privileges. And no matter what I've tried, I can't get them back, because, from the looks of it, I need Admin Privileges to retrieve my...
  6. No more rights as administrator (Windows 10)?

No more rights as administrator (Windows 10)?: Hello, I have a problem, namely I have created a second user account. I wanted to block access from the C hard drive for this second account. Then I denied access in the Disk Management at User. Now I don't have access to the C disk with the administrator account anymore. How...
  7. window 10 administrator rights

window 10 administrator rights: I upgraded to windows 10 some time ago from windows 7 and now I have no administrator rights and cannot do anything on my computer not even change the time because every time i try to do something i get a pop up box saying that i must put in a username and password yet i...
  8. Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10: When installing or deleting some programs or even accessing my previously worked out folders, I'm told I need to have administrative privileges. I'm the user on my computer and I'm listed as administrator and my brother also uses this computer having different account which...
  9. administrative message windows 10

administrative message windows 10: Every time I open or browse the YouTube site some other sites prove this warning to me I tried to shut down the protection of Windows and did not work... [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 (Administrator Rights)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 (Administrator Rights): Hi, In the Control Panel (Users) i have administrator rights, but when i try to do some changes or save a file (for example on c:/windows/............../etc), it appears on screen "acess denied". Is there a way to solve it, like super administrator as it was on windows 8?...