Windows 10: Windows 10 Error Message: This program does not have a program associated with it for...

Discus and support Windows 10 Error Message: This program does not have a program associated with it for... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Afternoon I have tried to solve the following problem on and off for a week or so. The problem is: I am unable to open PowerPoint attachments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by almc_749, Mar 28, 2020.

1. almc_749 Win User

Windows 10 Error Message: This program does not have a program associated with it for...

Good Afternoon

I have tried to solve the following problem on and off for a week or so. The problem is: I am unable to open PowerPoint attachments in AOL when using either Firefox or GoogleChrome. The error message I get is a follows:

"This file does not appear to have a program associated with it for performing this action. please install a program or if one is already installed create an association in the default apps setting page."

I have, or at least I think I have, reviewed the default apps settings and found PowerPoint to be the default app. I googled the above error message and got recommendations to check for IsShortcut File in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile and it is present.

Thank you for taking the time to read and share your thoughts.

Al

:)

almc_749, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Printing Hallmark cards I get this message: There is no email program associated to perform requested action"

Hi,

We appreciate you answering the questions, question are being asked to understand the issue better.

• Are you trying to print the Hallmark cards through any application like Outlook or word?
    • What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Is this the complete error message?

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set as default app.

• In the search box, type “settings”.
    • Click on “system” and on the left hand corner click on
      “default apps”.
    • Under “choose default apps” click on the “+” symbol and you can
      add the apps.

Step 2: I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press Windows key +R.

• Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.

• Click on Programs Tab and click
      Set Programs
      under Internet Programs.

• Click on Select Associate a File type or protocol with a program.
    Please post back with the results and the information asked, We will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Error Message: This program does not have a program associated with it for...

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Error Message: This program does not have a program associated with it for... - Similar Threads - Error Message program

2. File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action – Recycle bin error

in Windows 10 News
    File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action – Recycle bin error: At times when you try to empty the Recycle Bin, it results in an error— File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. This may sound out of place because all you needed was to remove the files from the Recycle bin and not open it – and you still...
  3. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    "no email program associated" error message in Explorer: When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However I already have Chrome selected as the email handler in Windows app settings. How do I fix this? I'm...
  4. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "no email program associated" error message in Explorer: When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However I already have Chrome selected as the email handler in Windows app settings. How do I fix this? I'm...
  5. Associate a Program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Associate a Program: I have Ashampoo Burning Studio. When I had this program in my Win 7 O/S, I would insert the blank disk and I would get a menu asking which program I would like to use. when I installed Windows 10, I no longer get the menu. Instead I get a Message stating - "This file...
  6. Can't uninstall program ''File does not have a program associated with it''

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall program ''File does not have a program associated with it'': I want to uninstall some programs but I can't because when I try I get the ''this file is not associated with a program to perform the action'' and I don't know how to fix it. Should I download an uninstaller program? Please help x...
  7. Locked out of Administrator, "file does not have a program associated"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of Administrator, "file does not have a program associated": I was attempting to change the User administrator name so that it reflected a new windows explorer file path. When my SO set up the machine, she set the user name as "Mike & Steph". Well, this is now in the file path for all of our files and I work with software where no...
  8. Win 10 "This file does not have a program associated with it for perfo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 "This file does not have a program associated with it for perfo: this is NOT the first time win 10 has given this issue for me when it updates: " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. ....." it is NOT my fault that i can no longer open folders via right click or double click! (as that's what...
  9. Run as administrator -> This file does not have a program associated..

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as administrator -> This file does not have a program associated..: There seems to be a permanent "Run as administrator" entry in my right-click context menu. If I click on this for anything but an executable or shortcut to an executable, Windows 10 throws the below error, even if I do have a program associated with the file type. [img]...
  10. Notification Area does not have a program associated with it

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area does not have a program associated with it: I just installed a second hard drive for data, leaving my C: drive for just the OS and programs. Not wanting to go crazy with sysprep, I decided to just move my special folders the approved way: Properties => Location. This was going swimmingly until I got to...