Windows 10: Windows 10 Error: Print Spooler Not Running.....but it is

Discus and support Windows 10 Error: Print Spooler Not Running.....but it is in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone~ I feel am not very computer savvy so I hope I am stating all this correctly. I am trying to install to printers to my desktop, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JMMEN, Jan 3, 2019.

1. JMMEN Win User

Windows 10 Error: Print Spooler Not Running.....but it is

Hello Everyone~

I feel am not very computer savvy so I hope I am stating all this correctly.

I am trying to install to printers to my desktop, with both installs I was receiving the message that the print spooler had stopped working. I went to the MS Community and was able to find how to fix that issue however I am still receiving the error the print spooler has stopped working even when it is running. Also in my Device Manager I do not see a folder for my printers, it lists them under other devices even thought I am able to see them in my control panel when I go to printers. It states the printers are installed but the drivers cannot be found.

I have searched online for help but cannot find where anyone else has the issues where the Print Spooler is running when it thinks it has stopped.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

JMMEN, Jan 3, 2019

2. print spooler is not running".

Prior to installing the Windows 10 upgrade my printers (Lexmark X5470 and Canon MG 5520) worked great. Now neither will print, copy, or scan as I receive a message the "print spooler is not running". I went into services, view local services and restarted
    the spooler numerous time, but after each restart, I receive another message "the print spooler is not running". I have downloaded the current software and drivers for the printers, but after restarting the spooler the message still come up "the print spooler
    is not running." There are no error codes associated with the message.

These printers are compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 Pro, but are they not compatible with Windows 10?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Changing the title

Old title – Printer spooler

New title- print spooler is not running".

David G in VA, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Rich S_16 Win User
    Print spooler shuts down, can no longer print from a Dell laptop running Windows 10.

Thank you for the rapid response.

Method 1 led back through the diagnostics, which determined that the "print Spooler service isn't running"

, as we knew. It then led to re-installing the printer and restarting the computer.

After the restart, the print spooler service still was not running.

After the computer was restarted, an attempt to manually start the spooler service resulted in

" Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer. ERROR 1067. the process terminated unexpectedly."

METHOD 2: as advised, I checked the dependencies for the print spooler service.

Listed were: HTTP Service and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

The Remote Procedure Call was listed in the Services and was indicated to be running.

HTTP Service was NOT LISTED. Should it show up somewhere else, or is this the problem ?

Any suggestions ?

thanks.

Rich S

Rich S_16, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Error: Print Spooler Not Running.....but it is

Windows 10 print spooler will not stay running

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try steps check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type services.mscand press
      Enter.
    • Find Print Spooler service and double-click.
    • Make sure Print Spooler's
      Startup
      type set to Automatic.
    • The Service status of the Print Spooler should be
      Running.
    • If not, can you "Start" the Print Spooler service.

If issue persists try to remove spooled print job that could causing this problem.

1. Go to location c:\<windows directory>\system32\spool\printers

2. Delete files with extensions of ".spl" or ".shd" from the Spool location while the Print Spooler is stopped.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Error: Print Spooler Not Running.....but it is

1. Windows 10 Error: Print Spooler Not Running.....but it is - Similar Threads - Error Print Spooler

2. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Print spooler not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print spooler not running: I am using windows 10 home 64 bit with an Epson WF- 4630 printer. Every thing was working great last week, but now can not print anything. I find that my print spooler service is not running per problem asked on Microsoft. How can this problem be fixed? Any help?...
  6. Print Spooler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Spooler not running: The Print spooler service can not run. It comes up with an error 193. All dependancie services are running. When I look in the Event Viewer I see a message that says "This version of Spooler is not compatible with the version of windows your running" Is there a way to...
  7. Print spooler error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print spooler error: When is microsoft going to fix this problem with the print spooler? I manage 40 windows 10 pc's for my work and i am constantly running around resetting the print spooler because windows 10 pro 64b willloose communication with the printers and yes i say printers because this...
  8. Print Spooler Running Constantly

Print Spooler Running Constantly: Win10 v1903 with all updates. HP ENVY 6255 Printer - wireless access from 2 other PCs, wired access from this PC. There is a long story about why this PC is connected to the printer via USB rather than wireless. Don't really want to revisit that issue. It's here No printer...
  9. Print Spooler Service is Not Running

Print Spooler Service is Not Running: My computer stopped being able to print suddenly, and I am getting the Print Spooler Service is Not Running error. I have an HP ENVY 4250 that I attempted to remove (and it's drivers) including a multitude of locations based on recommendations here. However it is still...
  10. The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Print Spooler Service is responsible for managing print jobs which are in turn meant for the printer to handle. If this service ceases to work, the printer won’t print documents and it might be that the system won’t detect [...] This post The Print Spooler...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print spooler service isnt running

2. windows 10 cant install printers print spooler not running

3. print atach is no installing because print spooler is running

4. printers do not show up when spooler is running windows 10