Windows 10: windows 10 error upon boot

Discus and support windows 10 error upon boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i installed windows 10 on my nvme m.2 drive and soon as it loads to the desktop it shows an error, system thread exception not handled. it reboots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mikek8, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Mikek8 Win User

windows 10 error upon boot

i installed windows 10 on my nvme m.2 drive and soon as it loads to the desktop it shows an error, system thread exception not handled. it reboots before i can do anything on it, it is immediate

:)

Mikek8, Oct 24, 2018
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 error upon boot - Similar Threads - error upon boot

2. Bluescreen upon booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen upon booting: I receive a bluescreen before windows 11 can load, was able to get in via safe mode with network. Where do I go from there? Could not uninstall programs or check drivers in device manager...
  3. Bluescreen upon booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen upon booting: I receive a bluescreen before windows 11 can load, was able to get in via safe mode with network. Where do I go from there? Could not uninstall programs or check drivers in device manager...
  4. Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x00000e upon trying to boot in safe mode: Randomly my windows 11 mouse cursor wouldn't stop flashing the loading icon. I tried to find if it was an application but I couldn't find anything. I go to startup settings and set to boot in safe mode. I restart and then it gives me error 0x00000e. If I try to force boot...
  5. Message upon booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message upon booting up: Upon booting up my PC, the following appears on the screen: Checking Media Presence Media Present Start PXE over IDv4. Press ESC to about PXE boot I usually just let it do its thing. Seems to boot up as usual and everything is working just fine. Just wondering why...
  6. Grub Launcher upon boot into bootcamp Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grub Launcher upon boot into bootcamp Windows 10: So I booted my 2013 Mac book Air today and was greeted with the grub rescue terminal. I was given no errors or context. Since this has happened on my PC in the past, I have tried Using the Windows Rescue tool with the boot fixer Using bootrec on the usb terminal Using...
  7. Strange screen upon boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange screen upon boot: [IMG]Every time i boot up my pc i get this screen that displays right before my bios screen. Any idea what is causing it or how to get rid of it. It doesnt seem to affect my pc in any other way and everything loads fine. Just cant figure out what or why this screen is here....
  8. Script Error upon loging in to windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Script Error upon loging in to windows 10: URL: https://logincdn.msauth.net/16.000/convergedloginpaginatedstrings.en_I6Q9I7N7js7qGekal2XLTA2.js What does this error indicate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-error-upon-loging-in-to-windows-10/446e75b1-88b6-4948-9273-7595b60f3809
  9. Windows 10 Infinite Loading/Updating Upon Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Infinite Loading/Updating Upon Boot: Whenever I turn my computer on I am greeted with my motherboard screen and then white spinning dots on a blue screen, and my screen flicks black every minute or so. There is nothing else I can do. I contacted Windows support and they said my system was updating and it should...
  10. Windows 10 Pro OEM fresh install, receiving error upon boot 0xx00000e9

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro OEM fresh install, receiving error upon boot 0xx00000e9: Receive the below error after my computer boots before setup starts: RECOVERY There was a problem with a device connected to your PC An unexpected I/O error has occured 0xx00000e9 This is on a new build, I purchased Windows 10 Pro OEM from newegg and received a DVD...