Windows 10: Windows 10 - Error

Discus and support Windows 10 - Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Trying to upload to Build 10565, I get following message Error 0x802240017. Contacted customer support who informed me that computer was to old.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Streamer, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Streamer Win User

Windows 10 - Error

Hi,

Trying to upload to Build 10565, I get following message Error 0x802240017. Contacted customer support who informed me that computer was to old.

System Thread Exemption Not Handled

I have had no problems with Windows10, even downloaded last build update with no issues.

:)

Streamer, Oct 19, 2015

2. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit CWindows 10 - Error :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit CWindows 10 - Error :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Oct 19, 2015
  4. vlttnv Win User

Windows 10 - Error

A quick google search returned this.

vlttnv, Oct 19, 2015
  5. Streamer Win User
    Thanks still not solved!

Streamer, Oct 20, 2015
  6. vlttnv Win User
    Can you give some more information about your hardware please?

vlttnv, Oct 20, 2015
  7. Streamer Win User
    Dell Dimension E520 compatible for Windows 10 insider program.

Streamer, Oct 20, 2015
  8. vlttnv Win User

Windows 10 - Error

My guess is that what support told you is correct. But still you can try looking at the minidump files or reinstalling drivers, thought this is just a shot in the dark.

Also, stuff like this is expected from the insider program. Its goal is to find bugs like this.

vlttnv, Oct 20, 2015
  9. bobkn Win User
    Who told you that the PC was too old? Dell UK or Microsoft?

Dell doesn't support the PC for Windows 10. The latest drivers they have for it are for Vista. That doesn't mean that it can't work.

If the problem is due to graphics drivers, it's hard to help without knowing specifically what sort of graphics you're using. It could be the onboard Intel graphics, or an AMD or nVidia graphics card. All as purchased from Dell.

bobkn, Oct 21, 2015
  10. Charlie Win User
    That build 10565 has an ISO out on MS site. You could try to build an install dvd or usb . With that you can upgrade or clean install. That's also the build that will be the Fall update coming out nov 2 and that will be a regular update that for sure will work for you. *Smile

Charlie, Oct 21, 2015
  11. Streamer Win User
    Microsoft support told me, but I have checked my spec and Graphics card is NAVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

Thanks for your advice.

Streamer, Oct 22, 2015
  12. bobkn Win User
    The latest drivers for a 7300 LE are for Windows 7.

In principle, that should be OK. Win 10 is supposed to be able to use drivers as old as WDDM 1.0 (Vista.)

You could install the released version of Win 10 using the Media Creation Tool:

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

That may give you the Microsoft Basic graphics drivers. They'd run, but poorly.

You may then be able to install the latest Win 7 drivers, (309.08 for 32 or 64 bit Win 7). If the Win 7 installer refuses to run, you could extract the drivers (7Zip, for example), and manually update them from Device Manager.

In the extreme, you could update the graphics card. Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com has GeForce GT 610 cards for as little as 24 GBP. Your PC has a PCI-E X16 graphics slot, so most cards would fit. You probably don't want to install a used high-powered card, because the E520 has no auxiliary PCI-E power connector, and its power supply is a 300W one. You could use a GeForce GTX 750 (65 GBP and up) if you wanted a serious upgrade.

I suppose that it makes little sense to spend much to upgrade a PC from 2007.

bobkn, Oct 22, 2015
  13. Streamer Win User

Windows 10 - Error

Thank you for this advice, I will give it a shot.

Streamer, Oct 22, 2015
  14. Streamer Win User
    Hi,

Thanks everyone for your advice, GeForce Gt 610 did the trick.

Streamer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Error

1. Windows 10 - Error - Similar Threads - Error

2. "Couldn't connect" bluetooth errors with Dualsense controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Couldn't connect" bluetooth errors with Dualsense controller: Hello, I have been trying to connect my PS5 dualsense controller to my PC via bluetooth. Every time I try to connect it, I always get the same error, "Couldn't connect. Try connecting again.". My controller used to work like a charm, and now it doesn't anymore and I keep...
  3. "Couldn't connect" bluetooth errors with Dualsense controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Couldn't connect" bluetooth errors with Dualsense controller: Hello, I have been trying to connect my PS5 dualsense controller to my PC via bluetooth. Every time I try to connect it, I always get the same error, "Couldn't connect. Try connecting again.". My controller used to work like a charm, and now it doesn't anymore and I keep...
  4. Windows Script Host Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Script Host Error: Hi. Today i started getting this error:It just started appearing while not even using the computer and it shows 2 times and every time i click OK or close it it comes back after 1-2 minutes. What could be the problem? I ran sfc /scannow, it showed that it repaired something...
  5. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event: Hello, i recently starting face issue in my laptop some time it's suddenly crash, show bsod or freeze screen and green screen come everything load again, i also face lots of issue well i gaming frame suddenly drop or freeze even i have decent spec: processor - Ryzen 5 5500U,...
  6. Windows Script Host Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Script Host Error: Hi. Today i started getting this error:It just started appearing while not even using the computer and it shows 2 times and every time i click OK or close it it comes back after 1-2 minutes. What could be the problem? I ran sfc /scannow, it showed that it repaired something...
  7. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event: Hello, i recently starting face issue in my laptop some time it's suddenly crash, show bsod or freeze screen and green screen come everything load again, i also face lots of issue well i gaming frame suddenly drop or freeze even i have decent spec: processor - Ryzen 5 5500U,...
  8. Windows Script Host Error

9. BugCheck 0x7e error. At a loss for researching this one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BugCheck 0x7e error. At a loss for researching this one...: Event Viewer Entry related to crash:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8072f4019cc, 0xfffff18729d85788, 0xfffff18729d84fa0.MiniDump file from crash:050324-8875-01.zipThis has been happening for over a month, but...
  10. BugCheck 0x7e error. At a loss for researching this one...

BugCheck 0x7e error. At a loss for researching this one...: Event Viewer Entry related to crash:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8072f4019cc, 0xfffff18729d85788, 0xfffff18729d84fa0.MiniDump file from crash:050324-8875-01.zipThis has been happening for over a month, but...