Windows 10: Windows 10 Errors Out Loading Kiosk Mode Application with Code 0x80073CF9

Discus and support Windows 10 Errors Out Loading Kiosk Mode Application with Code 0x80073CF9 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, build #18362.1016, version 1903 One of the requirements for a project I'm contributing to for work is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gabriel Bourget, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Errors Out Loading Kiosk Mode Application with Code 0x80073CF9

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, build #18362.1016, version 1903

One of the requirements for a project I'm contributing to for work is that the application we're developing can be run in Kiosk Mode on Windows 10. I have been following along to [these instructions][1] from Microsoft in order to complete this process, which is roughly, to:

1. Build a configuration XML file
    2. Construct a provisioning package using that XML file.
    3. Applying that provisioning package to the target device.

What follows is the configuration XML file that I wrote for this Kiosk Mode setup. According to this [XML reference from Microsoft][2] the syntax and contents of my file seem to be correct. I am referring to the installed application's Application User Model ID and the configuration refers to a new local non-administrator user on the operating system, which when signed in, will act as the kiosk account.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<AssignedAccessConfiguration

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AssignedAccess/2017/config"

xmlns:rs5="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AssignedAccess/201810/config"

>

<Profiles>

<Profile Id="{2d06cbf5-a2fd-405c-a957-10203ea522e3}">

<KioskModeApp AppUserModelId="{7C5A40EF-A0FB-4BFC-874A-C0F2E0B9FA8E}\TAM\Tam.exe" />

</Profile>

</Profiles>

<Configs>

<Config>

<Account>gabriel-local</Account>

<DefaultProfile Id="{2d06cbf5-a2fd-405c-a957-10203ea522e3}" />

</Config>

</Configs>

</AssignedAccessConfiguration>

After building the provisioning package using Windows Configuration Designer, I loaded the package onto a USB drive and was able to successfully apply the provisioning package onto a target device. After logging out of the current account however, and attempting to enter the Kiosk Mode account, the operating system rendered a blue error screen with a message saying that Windows could not open the application successfully along with an error code of 0x80073CF9.

I have also checked the Event Viewer for any errors that might have occurred during this process under the Applications And Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Assigned Access and Applications And Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider nodes but did not see any.

By removing the provisioning package temporarily and logging into that new user account, I was able to confirm that the application could be opened from within it. I have also tried to configure the XML file to open a more standard Windows application Microsoft Edge, and after rebuilding the provsioning package, installing it onto the OS, and trying to open the Kiosk Mode account, I encountered the same error. After scouring pretty deep into search results on this error code, the only results I could really find referred to Windows users who were having trouble installing or updating programs from the Windows Store. I am aware that Microsoft error codes can refer to different problem sources, but I am having trouble at this point finding any more leads to help with this issue and any help would be appreciated.

[1]: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/lock-down-windows-10-to-specific-apps
    [2]: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/kiosk-xml#kiosk-only-sample-xml

:)

Gabriel Bourget, Sep 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 - 1803 - Kiosk mode - UWP application

I'm currently facing an issue with dev of kiosk mode application in windows 10.

After sleep, the application crash.

Our current setup :

-Windows 10 – 1803, last update

-Hardware : replicable on any devices

-User in kiosk mode with Set-AssginedAccess without password

-Sleep mode on button pressed.

Example with very simple project ( without any code behind ) :

• User logged with kiosk app
    • Press button to turn sleep mode on
    • Press again button to turn sleep mode off
    • Kiosk application crash and restart, with blue screen in between.

camillemuller2, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Error Code 0x80073cf9

Hi,

We suggest you to check this
    thread
    that was created by HardeepAnand, follow the troubleshooting steps given.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Errors Out Loading Kiosk Mode Application with Code 0x80073CF9

Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Errors Out Loading Kiosk Mode Application with Code 0x80073CF9

1. Windows 10 Errors Out Loading Kiosk Mode Application with Code 0x80073CF9 - Similar Threads - Errors Loading Kiosk

2. Error Code 0x80073CF9

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code 0x80073CF9: I have owned Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store/Xbox App on PC for over a year. Recently, I also got Xbox Game Pass for PC, which includes Sea of Thieves. My subscription for Xbox Game Pass PC ran out without me noticing a few weeks ago, and now when I tried to install an...
  3. error code 0x80073CF9

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error code 0x80073CF9: Will not let me install FH4. Has been like this for months and none of the other fixes online have done anything. submitted by /u/whathefuckbitch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m55j1t/error_code_0x80073cf9/
  4. Microsoft Store error code: 0x80073CF9

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store error code: 0x80073CF9: Recently I've formatted my HDD drive which was used only for games and storage. I didn't format my system SSD drive. Now I can't install any game that was installed on HDD drive before format. Every other game is downloading and instaling just fine. Things I've tried:...
  5. Microsoft Store error code: 0x80073CF9

Microsoft Store error code: 0x80073CF9: Recently I've formatted my HDD drive which was used only for games and storage. I didn't format my system SSD drive. Now I can't install any game that was installed on this drive before. Every other game is downloading and instaling just fine. Things I've tried: creating...
  6. Code error : 0x80073CF9 No fix found

Code error : 0x80073CF9 No fix found: Hey, you've probably already seen this message before but I bought Sea of Thieves 2 days ago on the Microsoft Store during sales, but currently I can't download it, when I try I have the error code : 0x80073CF9. That's why I was wondering if someone had the same issue and...
  7. Code: 0x80073CF9

Code: 0x80073CF9: I installed the 10 dvd's. premium deluxe When I start the sim it goes to " press any key " and than it just starts over again. So doesn't work. In my Microsoft Store Library I seem to have to download / install the upgrades . But the message : Code: 0x80073CF9 appears....
  8. keep getting error Code: 0x80073CF9

keep getting error Code: 0x80073CF9: trying to download minecraft windows 10 and i keep getting this error code i also get this code for any app updates or downloads from microsoft store i've looked through other posts and tried everything and nothing seems to work...
  9. How to fix error code 0x80073CF9?

How to fix error code 0x80073CF9?: For roughly the past 2 days, I've been getting the same error code trying to download Sea of Thieves. Everything that I've done to try to fix it hasn't work, including updating windows, checking security, disabling features, adding folders, renaming things, using Windows...
  10. 0x80073cf9 Microsoft Store error code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80073cf9 Microsoft Store error code.: So. All I want to do is download some games off the store. And so, just before the new year, everything was working and I could. Now, the **** broken store just gives me 0x80073CF9 on every game I download. Yes, I've tried all your copy-pasted fixes. None worked....
Tags: