Windows 10: Windows 10 ESENT 474 event corrupted local datafiles WebCache, Catalog, etc .. + strange...

Discus and support Windows 10 ESENT 474 event corrupted local datafiles WebCache, Catalog, etc .. + strange... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been searching desperatly for a solution or at least to locate the issue, because recently I built up a new PC : Motherboard Asus ROG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alex'..., Dec 20, 2019.

1. Alex'... Win User

Windows 10 ESENT 474 event corrupted local datafiles WebCache, Catalog, etc .. + strange...

Hi,

I've been searching desperatly for a solution or at least to locate the issue, because recently I built up a new PC :

• Motherboard Asus ROG Strix z390-e Gaming
    • CPU Intel Core CoffeeLake 9700k
    • GPU Asus NVIDIA RTX2070 SUPER
    • 2x8 Go Corsair RGB RAM 3200MHz
    • 2x 1 To Samsung 970Evo Plus M.2 SSD

I installed with the Windows image tool creation from by previous PC, a Windows 10 Professional. Have a paid and valid license, activated it.

And after like few days of use without any problem, it began. The curse came in.

I started to have apps randomly crashing, some queries over HTTPS TLS failing Firefox says : SSL_ERROR_BAD_MAC_READ, Edge works better, but I still have issues on some websites, … In the Windows Events Viewer I can see a lot of error ESENT types, picking you some examples :

- ESENT event 474 : WebCacheV01.dat : READ failed, checksum issue.

- ESENT event 474 : UnistoreDB\store.vol : Same, READ failed, checksum issue.

- ESENT event 474 : DataStore.edb : same

It leads to other ESENT errors because process fail after trying to read the db/file. A wild guess here, is it have something to do with checksums calculations being wrong because of my issue even local certificate signature cheking for reading in these databases probably failing ?

NOW, here is the long list of what I tried :

- Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 from the Recover tool in Windows 10 : Nothing changes

- Updated all my drivers from the official Motherboard ASUS website

- Updated BIOS and checked time sync : OS and BIOS time OK.

- Tried various SCAN Tools Rootkit tool, RAM/HDD/CPU/ checker MemTest, CHKDSK, Gmer, CCleaner, HDScan, … : Appears to have no problem : wow

- Tried ANOTHER connection, sharing my 4G mobile internet via USB : still have the issues. So issue in local.

- Tried to BOOT on Linux Mint or Ubuntu USB key live : each time I have a RIP error or Segmentation Fault, I can't boot up on Linux. Strange as well, have to dig more here.

- Tried to enable/disable different TLS/SSL versions in Internet Options

- Tried to check for bad certificates in my local certificate store : all seems to be pretty by default.

- Wanted to disabled EMS or change Cipher priority order for Windows, : on this one I'm not sure I did the things right, I 've seen no change.

- Tried to run DISM and SFC Windows integrity repair Tools, these detected Nothing wrong and completed to 100%

- Tried to disable Windows Defender/Firewall

- Tried to stop one by one, stoppable Services, to see if one was tampering my TLS/SSL encryption operation.

- I'm sure I did try other things, but I'm tired and I will add these when I remember.

now I found a subject of a fellow, who apparently have the same symptoms :

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/4396fz/windows_10_strange_tls_ssl_errors_very_stuck/

The post ends with no solution, but a lot of search, and I could test some things based on that. Like DannyRCDW said, I'm also willing to pay a Bounty at this point. It's totally insane.

Please, if you read me, have you any idea of what's could going on here ? I'm out of idea.

Thanks,

Alex

:)

Alex'..., Dec 20, 2019
  2. Sam.Dotto Win User

My PC keeps freezing for ~1 min and I keep getting Event 533, 510, 508(ESENT) and 129(iaStorA)

Alright, i did some more tests.

Disabling Google Drive didn't solve the issue.

Clean installed Windows 10 twice diretly to Anniversary Update.

The first time, i have installed all my softwares. Issue persisted.

The second time, i have installed only the basics and blocked further updates from Octomber 10 (becouse i didn't notice this issue on that date). Issue persisted.

Most of the time its about an SO read/write delay in these files:

ESENT 533: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\WebCacheV01.jfm

ESENT 533: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log

ESENT 508: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log

ESENT 508: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\WebCacheV01.jfm

ESENT 508: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppData\Indexed DB\IndexedDB.jfm

ESENT 508: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log

ESENT 508: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\vedatamodel.jfm

ESENT 510: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log

ESENT 510: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\WebCacheV01.jfm

Sometimes this file also appears in the logs:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Comms\UnistoreDB\store.vol

Its too much coincidence to be a faulty SSD. My last attempt will be replacing it with my old one.

After some digging on the internet, i couldn't find much about it. Whats going on? Its just me and the OP?

Sam.Dotto, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Smittychat., Dec 20, 2019
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Windows 10 ESENT 474 event corrupted local datafiles WebCache, Catalog, etc .. + strange...

Two ESENT event errors happening several times a day??

After doing a bit of research it appears that the WebCache is being corrupted. You might want to scan your PC with Malewarebytes Free to see if you've picked up a PUP. Here is where I found some info although you've probably already looked here:
    Eventvwr reporting Webcache problems Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

SoFine409, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 ESENT 474 event corrupted local datafiles WebCache, Catalog, etc .. + strange... - Similar Threads - ESENT 474 event

2. ESENT Catalog Database

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ESENT Catalog Database: Can you help me with this? Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 1/8/2021 5:30:50 AM Event ID: 642 Task Category: General Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-892H6FC Description:...
  3. Event Viewer ESENT

Event Viewer ESENT: [ATTACH] It happens that every time I launch my PC, These 4 errors occur. Could you help me as to what they are, how to fix them, and if they're safe or not? Thanks in advance....
  4. EVENT 642, ESENT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EVENT 642, ESENT: I've received the following error today 670 times; and I cannot retrieve the shared files that I had set up between my wife's computer and my computer. svchost 4312,D,22 SRUJet: The database format feature version 9120 0x23a0 could not be used due to the current database...
  5. Event 455, ESENT

Event 455, ESENT: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 6/19/2020 3:08:43 PM Event ID: 455 Task Category: Logging/Recovery Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-B5BUGTG Description: svchost 9480,R,98...
  6. Windows 10 - Error in the Event Log - Event 556 - ESENT

Windows 10 - Error in the Event Log - Event 556 - ESENT: Goodmorning to everybody, I have an HP brand new laptop with Windows 10 on it. While addressing a serious BSoD question, I run into the Event Log of Windows and I discovered a huge amount of errors of the form: "SearchIndexer 7976,D,18 Windows: Database...
  7. ESENT error in event log

ESENT error in event log: Can someone please explain the following event log error svchost 5776,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log -1023 (0xfffffc01) Thanks Russell...
  8. Windows 10 Event Log ESENT 623

Windows 10 Event Log ESENT 623: There are a lot of errors with 623 code in my Event Log: SearchIndexer (6624, D, 23) Windows: The version of this instance (0) has reached its maximum size of 128 MB. It is likely that a long-running transaction makes it impossible to clean the version store and increases...
  9. Constant ESENT database corruption errors in event log

Constant ESENT database corruption errors in event log: Windows 10 is an utter mess that should have Never been released. 90% of the updates screw up most computers and these patches Cause more issues then they fix. NOW after the last "Patch" my system is constantly throwing up this dialog box: - MoveFile failed; code 183. Cannot...
  10. Evento 474, ESENT

in Windows 10 Support
    Evento 474, ESENT: Hi there!. Can you help me to fix the following: svchost (1292) SRUJet: Error: la página de base de datos leída del archivo "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat" en el desplazamiento 4030464 (0x00000000003d8000) (página de base de datos 983 (0x3D7)) con 4096 (0x00001000)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win event update id 474

2. corrupt v01.log

3. windows event 474 esent

4. Windows 10 WebCacheLocal: Database Recovery/restore failed 1907,
  5. webcachev01 corrupted event,
  6. esent 474 2020