Windows 10: Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The desktop reverts to automatic mode after turning the PC off. I have gone into tablet mode settings many times and changed it to desktop mode but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bwallace07, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings

The desktop reverts to automatic mode after turning the PC off. I have gone into tablet mode settings many times and changed it to desktop mode but it keeps resetting itself. This happened after a windows 10 update. It worked fine previous. Ran Dism and SFC and all is fine according to corrupt file check.

:)

Bwallace07, Jul 2, 2019

2. need help with windows 10 missing desktop problem

You can disable tablet mode in settings

Disabling Tablet Mode :

• Go to the Tablet Mode tab under Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode
    • Toggle the "make Windows more touch friendly" option off.
    • Select whether the device switches modes automatically ->change to Dont Ask/Don't Switch.

DeathtoGnomes, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Tablet mode is a new feature that should automatically activate when you detach a tablet from its base or dock. Also, in tablet mode, the Desktop is unavailable.

To disable the Tablet mode in Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • Launch the Settings app.
    • Tap on System in the left pane of the screen; then, scroll down to the bottom until you see
      Tablet Mode.
    • Verify if the toggle is set to either on or off based on your preference.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings

How do I get back tablet mode? Problem in changing to tablet mode on Nextbook 10

Hello,

• Did you tried to turn ON the Tablet mode from Action Center?
    • Do you get any error message?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps you in turning ON Tablet mode.

There are two options to turn ON the Tablet mode.

Option 1:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
    • Click/tap on Table Mode on the left side, and turn on or off
      Enable tablet mode for what you want.
    Option 2:

• Click/tap on the Action Center system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • At the bottom of the Action Center, click/tap on the Tablet mode button to toggle it
      on (blue) or off (gray) for what you want.
    Keep us posted with the status of Tablet mode issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings

1. Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings - Similar Threads - Essentials keeps reverting

2. Windows Compatibility Mode Reverting to Windows 10 Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Compatibility Mode Reverting to Windows 10 Mode: Recently A W32bit app that runs in W8compatibilty mode or other compatibility mode reverts to Windows 10 mode. This has been recurring several times in the last 2 month, assuming after a W10 update, but mot sure. I continually must reset the icon, only for it to revert back...
  3. Tablet Mode reverts to normal mode each time the tablet is powered off or restarts

Tablet Mode reverts to normal mode each time the tablet is powered off or restarts: I have a tablet and I like to use the tablet mode. However when I restart the laptop or shut down, tablet mode, which was / IS on, is turned off. I have to go to Action Center each time and click "Tablet Mode" and turn it on. I don't just restart then, even so, it should...
  4. Windows 10 Tablet Mode

Windows 10 Tablet Mode: Hello All. I would like to talk about Microsoft’s direction for Tablet Mode for tablets and 2in1’s. I am still using an Alcatel Idol 4s with Windows 10 mobile as a pocket computer. Windows 10 mobile, IMHO, is probably the finest mobile OS that has ever been develped for those...
  5. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  6. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-tablet-mode-and/8c87c268-ef51-40ab-a143-66b0da01d2de
  7. Tablet Mode changes

Tablet Mode changes: I have to get this off of my chest. I sincerely hope that one of the movers and shakers with Microsoft reads this and rationally considers what some customers would like to see. Microsoft pioneered 2in1 devices with its Surface line. The choice of having a tablet and a...
  8. Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.

Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.: I have a Lenova 2 in 1 ideapad with Windows 10. When I switched from tablet back to laptop my desktop will not change back to desktop mode with a start up menu and items showing that i had saved to desktop. I figured out how to get taskbar items back....
  9. Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?: My apologies if this question seems basic, but I really am confused. I'm trying to understand why I would want to use tablet mode. Apart from the minimize, maximize and "x" buttons found in desktop mode. Aren't the modern tile apps that you can launch straight from the...
  10. Access desktop in Tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Access desktop in Tablet mode?: I am upgrading from 8 on a PC I used as a media center. The metro start screen was great for using on a TV. In Windows 10 however it seems the only way to have this be the default boot screen is to enable "Tablet Mode". I am fine with this however when in Tablet Mode it seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keeps reverting to desktop mode

2. Tablet Mode settings and it keeps reverting to Do Not Ask and Do Not Switch